JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am thinking my best route is getting some of them to put me on ignore. That should cure the problem of them reading my post...o_O

Well this is not a city forum where you expect to listen to the guy in the third row about how his grow operation should not bother the neighbors. What you are saying would be that it is best for everyone if you are saying your speech....guy in third row yells something obnoxious about his right to grow weed...You continue on like nothing happened.

That poor fella is sitting and wondering what happened. He tried so hard to get under your skin and yet...Nothing.

I do not want to make the ignorant moron feel like that. DO YOU???o_O:rolleyes:

I think you have it mixed up. This isn't about a heckler. If you have a heckler and you choose to ignore him, that's your choice. If you choose to belittle him, that's also your choice.

That said, posting here is different. The public has access to whatever you post here. You do not have to be signed in as a member to read the boards. Since the boards can be viewed by the public, insisting that someone who is in the audience should not be allowed to see you or hear you because you do not like him is absurd.

It's not a public forum, Joe owns it and removes post anytime he wants to:D.

As you probably know, I'm talking "public" in terms of access, not ownership. As previously mentioned, membership is not required to read the boards.

If you're posting your thoughts on a site where anyone with internet access can read them, you should expect that people who you do not like or who you do not agree with will also be able to read those posts.

I can't speak for the other sites where you participate. There's no doubt that they could have varying amounts of privileges and access. Whether that is a positive is a separate matter. Obviously, I prefer an open forum where we can choose to ignore people but we don't try to control what content they have access to.

If this was Facebook, I could see more of what you're saying about only interacting with the people you want but this is a forum so it's a different beast. Facebook is more for cliques. Forums are a bit more open and they work better that way.

I think you have it mixed up. This isn't about a heckler. If you have a heckler and you choose to ignore him, that's your choice. If you choose to belittle him, that's also your choice.

That said, posting here is different. The public has access to whatever you post here. You do not have to be signed in as a member to read the boards. Since the boards can be viewed by the public, insisting that someone who is in the audience should not be allowed to see you or hear you because you do not like him is absurd.

As you probably know, I'm talking "public" in terms of access, not ownership. As previously mentioned, membership is not required to read the boards.

If you're posting your thoughts on a site where anyone with internet access can read them, you should expect that people who you do not like or who you do not agree with will also be able to read those posts.

I can't speak for the other sites where you participate. There's no doubt that they could have varying amounts of privileges and access. Whether that is a positive is a separate matter. Obviously, I prefer an open forum where we can choose to ignore people but we don't try to control what content they have access to.

If this was Facebook, I could see more of what you're saying about only interacting with the people you want but this is a forum so it's a different beast. Facebook is more for cliques. Forums are a bit more open and they work better that way.

Ask Joe how well its working since he has to delete post all the time. I prefer a Facebook set up where you never have to talk to people you find offensive. I rather be in a healthy clique than a troll filled open forum. There is nothing to learn from them.

Ask Joe how well its working since he has to delete post all the time. I prefer a Facebook set up where you never have to talk to people you find offensive. I rather be in a healthy clique than a troll filled open forum. There is nothing to learn from them.

except anger management. I am not doing so well learning that with them though....

As someone who has Numerous IGNORED MEMBERS on my list, I like this new version that is coming out, or I do not knoe, is full operation now.

In the Old Forum if an Ignored Member STARTED a thread, I would not see the thread at all... Wander onto it yes... Mostly after (cough) Stomper (cough) posts to it...

And in the Old forum the Post count would SHOW that IGNORED MEMBER posted at thread count 3, 7, Etc. now the Same Thread would read like this (numbers) 1,2,4,5,6,8,9, Etc. and ~in that~ the continuity lackes a bit, Unless they bother to carefully Read the Numerical Order of the Posts.

FYI, I do sometimes USE THE FEATURE to read "Ignored Member's post" BUT, I never respond, and that has been a Good Anger Management Lesson.

I see the idiocy level has not left the person, As Of Yet, and Low & Behod, there is ONE PERSON, on my Ignore list, that I am finding Less Insulting, NOW, than when I shut Off his posts from My Viewing in the first Place!

As Part of a small group of Very Conservative Thinkers on this forum, I Have Their SIX... And have, & Will CONTINUE to have their six, if I see Ignorant Obliviots attacking...

The idea of "can't we all get along" is a Red Herring, as those who attack Conservative 2nd Amendment Supporters, really do not KNOW the Real Methods of COMPROMISE, they only want it Their Way...

All Above is my Not so Humble OPINION, Your MILES May Vary, depending on How Hard you hit the keys of your keyboard!!! :confused:

philip, GO6, Christian, Conservative, German Heritage, MALE.
did I miss any ????? :p

And as a Seperate Issue.... It would benifit, the Entire Forum if posts were Only Altered, to OMMIT OFFENDING PARTS, rather than deleting entire postings, by moderators, as the current form DESTROYS thread Continuity....

philip, Ol Fogey, and them other things as well... :s0104:
:s0013:

My $0.02, I don't like placing people on the ignore list! If I couldn't read an occasional post it would be much harder to reevaluate them, which I do at times.

My $0.02, I don't like placing people on the ignore list! If I couldn't read an occasional post it would be much harder to reevaluate them, which I do at times.

I am only 63 so I haven't yet seen all there is to see but I haven't seen a leopard change its spots. o_O

I have placed a couple of folks on ignore for statements that were just so stupid it made my skin crawl! Two things!
1. They're posts improved/intent became clearer.
2. At this stage of the game, if I'm extra tired, I have posts that are so stupid that it makes my skin crawl!:(

I admit that many of my posts can be viewed as offensive, but its better to vent:s0137: than blow up. Like they say, ''Its all fun and games til someone loses a Testicle ?'' :s0039: I Love GOD :s0047:and I am just a Slavic-German Mutt- REDNECK :s0160: and Proud of It ! :s0108:

As someone who has Numerous IGNORED MEMBERS on my list, I like this new version that is coming out, or I do not knoe, is full operation now.

In the Old Forum if an Ignored Member STARTED a thread, I would not see the thread at all... Wander onto it yes... Mostly after (cough) Stomper (cough) posts to it...

And in the Old forum the Post count would SHOW that IGNORED MEMBER posted at thread count 3, 7, Etc. now the Same Thread would read like this (numbers) 1,2,4,5,6,8,9, Etc. and ~in that~ the continuity lackes a bit, Unless they bother to carefully Read the Numerical Order of the Posts.

FYI, I do sometimes USE THE FEATURE to read "Ignored Member's post" BUT, I never respond, and that has been a Good Anger Management Lesson.

I see the idiocy level has not left the person, As Of Yet, and Low & Behod, there is ONE PERSON, on my Ignore list, that I am finding Less Insulting, NOW, than when I shut Off his posts from My Viewing in the first Place!

As Part of a small group of Very Conservative Thinkers on this forum, I Have Their SIX... And have, & Will CONTINUE to have their six, if I see Ignorant Obliviots attacking...

The idea of "can't we all get along" is a Red Herring, as those who attack Conservative 2nd Amendment Supporters, really do not KNOW the Real Methods of COMPROMISE, they only want it Their Way...

All Above is my Not so Humble OPINION, Your MILES May Vary, depending on How Hard you hit the keys of your keyboard!!! :confused:

philip, GO6, Christian, Conservative, German Heritage, MALE.
did I miss any ????? :p

So what you're saying is, you blame ME for you stopping and rubbernecking at the train wreck of an ignored member because I pulled my foot from their arse
too quickly? o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top