JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. I am sure that someone I think has a goofy view of things thinks the same of me. Best we just all live in separate nwfa worlds when we cannot seem to find common ground. Serves the site better to have less drama as well.

Place will be easier to manage when the ignore is both ways.

I hear what Just Jim is saying. A total ignore in both directions so both parties are ignorant to the others posts. It would keep possible squabbles down.

It is fun to debate here..though a few of us ..*cough*STOMPER*cough*..like to razz folks from time to time. ;):D
I too have found myself kicking the proverbial hornets nest just for fun..

It's why I asked if they can still read my post, ignore should stop all contact in my opinion but it's up to the boss if he still wants to read fights all the time. Easy to say "well just don't fight" but hard to do when you really don't like the post.o_O

I hear what Just Jim is saying. A total ignore in both directions so both parties are ignorant to the others posts. It would keep possible squabbles down.

It is fun to debate here..though a few of us ..*cough*STOMPER*cough*..like to razz folks from time to time. ;):D
I too have found myself kicking the proverbial hornets nest just for fun..

I like debate as much as anyone does but I like it to involve facts that are supported by more than just opinion. Then when they get personal I tend to return fire in a pointed manner.:D It would better to not have them trespass into my life with their personal attacks then Joe won't throw me out when I return fire

It's why I asked if they can still read my post, ignore should stop all contact in my opinion but it's up to the boss if he still wants to read fights all the time. Easy to say "well just don't fight" but hard to do when you really don't like the post.o_O

Fingers start itching...brain goes into "wtf is this guy thinking" mode and the rant just appears". I wake up after comp hulking out and I have derailed a whole thread. Better for everyone if they do not make me angry....Wont like me when I am angry.

Putting a person on the ignore list is just an out of sight of mind thing for you. It prevents the guy from being able to needle you since you don't see or hear whatever he's saying. Without a response, the person tends to lose interest and moves on.

Although I understand Just Jim's point, it would be a mistake to allow one member to block what another member sees. If you don't like looking at something or hearing something, change the channel for yourself. Don't try controlling what I can see and hear. -It's a libertarian thing...

Putting a person on the ignore list is just an out of sight of mind thing for you. It prevents the guy from being able to needle you since you don't see or hear whatever he's saying. Without a response, the person tends to lose interest and moves on.

Although I understand Just Jim's point, it would be a mistake to allow one member to block what another member sees. If you don't like looking at something or hearing something, change the channel for yourself. Don't try controlling what I can see and hear. -It's a libertarian thing...

But it would only block them from seeing me and if they post to what I say it may piss off others. As a libertarian you should accept we have the right to choose who we speak with. It's about choice isn't it?

But it would only block them from seeing me and if they post to what I say it may piss off others. As a libertarian you should accept we have the right to choose who we speak with. It's about choice isn't it?

I accept you have the right to speak to whom you choose. However there's a difference between a private message and posting in a public forum. If you speak in a public forum, you can hardly expect privacy.

Posting on a forum is like giving a speech to the public. Saying you don't want the guy in third row, wearing the black shirt to hear you, but everyone else is good to go is not libertarian. It's simply a ridiculous request.

You're only offended if you choose to be offended. ;)

What would REALLY interest me (out of idle curiosity) is being able to see who (if not how many) have me on their ignore list. I can't see why someone (of any ideology) would put me on their ignore list. I'm down to earth, fair, quick witted, entertaining, pretty smart, and usually correct about everything... just ask me, I'll tell you! o_O;):D

I accept you have the right to speak to whom you choose. However there's a difference between a private message and posting in a public forum. If you speak in a public forum, you can hardly expect privacy.

Posting on a forum is like giving a speech to the public. Saying you don't want the guy in third row, wearing the black shirt to hear you, but everyone else is good to go is not libertarian. It's simply a ridiculous request.

It's not a public forum, Joe owns it and removes post anytime he wants to:D. If it were public then no post would be removed. Plus however ridiculous the request is most boards have an ignore feature to stop the trolls and truly obnoxious people.

I am a member of four boards and this is the only board I use the feature. Probably wouldn't use it if they wouldn't delete so many post but if they won't let us talk then we should at least get a choice as to who we talk to:D:eek::eek:o_O

Well this is not a city forum where you expect to listen to the guy in the third row about how his grow operation should not bother the neighbors. What you are saying would be that it is best for everyone if you are saying your speech....guy in third row yells something obnoxious about his right to grow weed...You continue on like nothing happened.

That poor fella is sitting and wondering what happened. He tried so hard to get under your skin and yet...Nothing.

I do not want to make the ignorant moron feel like that. DO YOU???o_O:rolleyes:

You're only offended if you choose to be offended. ;)

What would REALLY interest me (out of idle curiosity) is being able to see who (if not how many) have me on their ignore list. I can't see why someone (of any ideology) would put me on their ignore list. I'm down to earth, fair, quick witted, entertaining, pretty smart, and usually correct about everything... just ask me, I'll tell you! o_O;):D

Geez, you left out charming and debonair :s0140::s0140::s0098:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top