JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I acquired a 50 Beowulf upper today from an extremely generous member and would like to experiment with some improvised low power hand loads. I don't have any dies and probably won't be able to get my hands any for a little while. The member also gave me a box of ammo that has some loaded rounds and a few fired cases. I was able to insert a fired case back into the chamber of the barrel and get the bcg back into full battery. Any tips on getting neck tension? I want to use some of my muzzle loading projectiles for these low power loads and maybe try a couple of shot loads too.

I want to take full advantage of this upper with off the wall load testing. If you have any unusual load ideas post them up and I will consider trying them out.

At the moment my projectile selection is limited to 50 cal muzzle loading stuff, round ball, minnie ball, etc.

Thinking 45acp case stuffed with two 230gr bullets would make a good heavy 50cal projectile if I can bump up size from .480 to .500?
Only one 230gr will fit inside 45acp case, this idea is a bust.

I tried a 410 wad with a coated cast 230 bullet and it fits pretty well. It's a bit loose so I am going to coat up a few bullets with an extra thick layer of powder coat and see if I can get the bullet fit a lot tighter. I have a bunch of 410 wads and cast 45 bullets so if this works it would make for really cheap short range plinking rounds.

20220627_090751.jpg

20220627_091009.jpg

20220627_091018.jpg

I took a .495 roundball and placed it on a flat surface, then a gave it a couple of light taps with a hammer. Now it fits snug to the 50 Beowulf case mouth. This would be an alternative to powder coating them but then you might have leading issues.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top