JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Friend had one at a local restaurant and swore it was real burger. Asked twice if there wasn't a mistake. Asked me to take a bite and it really did taste like burger. I was impressed.

Ironic how it costs more.

If they really are as good as I have heard they could get away with a higher price. Those who try to not eat meat, but miss it, would pay premium for a burger that tastes like a burger but, "no cows were harmed in the making of this", kind of thing. As long as they don't now find out something they used to make it taste good causes cancer :D:D:D:D

Last Edited:
I'm a huge carnivore....well omnivore lol.

Twice now my girl has tricked me....the 1st time was a perfect medium (so I thought until 3 bites in) Impossible burger. They use a certain kind of protein found in vegetables that gives off the perfect umami flavor and texture. Not to be gross but this veg protein looks and tastes better then normal blood/fat of a quality juicy burger. You even get that kind of metallic/Irony taste like real blood.

The other time she dupped me was with the beyond sausage bratwurst. I didnt notice it was faux sausage till I had finished my first brat. It's really very impressive how good these two items are being done.

I highly recommend you try an impossible burger or beyond meat burger and beyond sausage brats. I suggest you cook the burger on a flat top/griddle or pan seared it high heat.

If your scepticism is holding you back try this....

Cook up a few pieces of thick double cut apple wood smoked bacon (the good stuff no hormel/oscar meyer)
Place on top your meatless burger and bd ready to question everything
Screenshot_20190525-002113_Chrome.jpg

Why would we stop eating meat?
No vegan has proven to live longer than the meat eaters.
I'm a huge alternative energy person. Because it's just cool to give the middle finger to the utility companies.
But eating vegan diets doesn't have a positive result like that.

Nothing wrong with plant based.

I'll dig it. I have a BMI of 46 due to some issues and I love me some plant material. A lot actually.

My main issue with non-condensed plant material is the time needed to masticate all of it.. all the time. Compress it and give it to me with less chewing.

287472AA-A6F8-4BB2-BC96-4C81A42E89F4.jpeg

So far Doc keeps giving me a fairly clean bill so not something I would be interested in long term. Do want to try it out of curiosity.
I guess it's a lot of genetics as to some who have to watch fat intake, luckily for me does not seem to be a problem. For those who it is, great that they came up with something they can enjoy too. Ditto for those who just for whatever reason decide they don't want to eat cows or pigs. Now they need to do this with bacon. If they can make a fake bacon that tastes like real bacon? They would make a ton of money off that :)
Will look for one of these at the store just to see what they really do taste like.

"Cook up a few pieces of thick double cut apple wood smoked bacon (the good stuff no hormel/oscar meyer)
Place on top your meatless burger and bd ready to question everything"

You put enough bacon on a turd and will taste great:p

Whole milk for me, eat a variety of different kinds of meat daily, consume mass quantities of real butter, a minimum of 3 eggs anytime I eat them, usually twice a week, and ok, I'll stop.

If vegans can preach for tofu, rice cakes and other ersatz consumption, I can preach for meat. and meat products.

Did I mention I'm quite long in the tooth?

Sure, I may enjoy a massive M.I. in the next second, but I don't want to live forever being sad thinking eating half a cauliflower is splurging...

Whole milk for me, eat a variety of different kinds of meat daily, consume mass quantities of real butter, a minimum of 3 eggs anytime I eat them, usually twice a week, and ok, I'll stop.

If vegans can preach for tofu, rice cakes and other ersatz consumption, I can preach for meat. and meat products.

Did I mention I'm quite long in the tooth?

Sure, I may enjoy a massive M.I. in the next second, but I don't want to live forever being sad thinking eating half a cauliflower is splurging...

Yep I too LOVE dairy. Milk, cheese, and of course butter. Lots of butter. Of course meat of some kind daily. All this just goes to show how well the free market works though. There is enough people who like meat but do not want to eat it. Fine with me. They wanted an alternative and were willing to pay so looks like someone finally managed to come up with one. If there is a demand for something people will work and spend big time to fill it.

Whole foods has goat butter that is "smack your momma good".

I used to give my girl a really hard time when she was still a vegetarian. There is a vegan food cart in north Portland, that sells fake ribs and mac and cheese. It's extremely busy and popular, they are serving turds.

Easily one of the grossest things I've ever had was their fake ribs...the mac and cheese was 2nd worse thing I've ever had.

My gf agreed but still didnt get my argument of "why the heck do you want to eat fake ribs or tofurkey? Difdnt you give up meat because of the inhumane slaughter of animals? Do you not think about that when you eat the imitation stuff?"

I tell her " your just vegan so you can tell people your vegan and find ways to be offended all the time". Lol

All that being said please try those beyond sausage brats you may like em more then real thing

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top