JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Everyone...

GREAT NEWS!!! The website with johnsoncreekgunclubinc dot com is down, for now anyway. Our lawyer sent them a letter and I guess they realized we weren't playing games. We still have one to go and I don't know if they will just put the site back up somewhere else, but this is great work. I appreciate everyone and their opinions, suggestions and all around support during this time. There is a armory in Texas that has been going through this for over a year. I contacted them last week when their information was on an add for guns with our information. They said they didn't have the time, man power or resources to fight them, so they just had to deal with it. I'm so glad we were able to do something about it. They really sound defeated. I will keep you informed...

Jill

go after the domain registry. in this case, register.com. get the domain yanked.

also, the site is still up. hosted by web.com.

One would think that the government would have a more intense interest in shutting these guys down, since it is fraud involving selling (or lack of selling) firearms.
While I agree with your theory, this could possibly give the 'government' more justification as to why it should be more 'involved' with the internet. This situation just seems to be one of the ugly aspects of using the internet for business and we may have to continue to deal with it ourselves.

The government is WAY behind the times when it comes to identify theft, which this involves. The laws have not caught up with the violators. I for one would like to have some additional laws aimed at taking identity theft perps down quickly & harshly. They have ruined people's lives for very little gain on their end. Heck, if you just want to protect yourself by putting a hold on loans, your credit rating suffers... If you want to decrease your credit card limit to limit what an impostor might get, your credit rating suffers again. So if you do common sense things that you actually have control over to protect yourself (and the card company to some extent), you get dinged. It's insane.

One would think that the government would have a more intense interest in shutting these guys down, since it is fraud involving selling (or lack of selling) firearms.

The gov't doesn't have the manpower to go after 11+MILLION illegals in the country, do you think they have time to look at every website out there? Wait till they try coming for 300+ MILLION guns!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I see the johnsoncreekgunclubinc dot com website has been obtained by the real gun club with a redirect to their real website. Good to see things are happening!

It looks like the other address is still valid though and registered by an IP address out of Lexington, MA. Interesting coincidence...my Credit Card number was stolen and used there in the last couple months. Had to cancel and get a new one. Looks like there are more than a few criminals setting up shop near Boston.

I see the johnsoncreekgunclubinc dot com website has been obtained by the real gun club with a redirect to their real website. Good to see things are happening!

It looks like the other address is still valid though and registered by an IP address out of Lexington, MA. Interesting coincidence...my Credit Card number was stolen and used there in the last couple months. Had to cancel and get a new one. Looks like there are more than a few criminals setting up shop near Boston.
Duct tape futures are way up.

I see the johnsoncreekgunclubinc dot com website has been obtained by the real gun club with a redirect to their real website. Good to see things are happening

nope, both scammer websites are still up. verified from multiple PCs on multiple separate connections. nothing has changed.

For the inc website, I get
"This site does not exist within the LDAP database."

Whatever that means....more work to do on the other site though...

Thanks,
Jill

LDAP is a basically a security database for identity, authentication, organization, access rights and so on.

It most likely means that the host removed the site from their LDAP DB, but the DNS still points to the hosting corp.

So it sounds like the hosting corp got the word, but the domain name registrar has not (yet) removed the domain registry which points to the hosting corp IP address.

As for others who still see a website, but some don't; these things get cached, both locally and by ISP providers. Sometimes it takes a while for caches to get cleared/updated.

the inc website comes up for me. just remove the www

johnsoncreekgunclubinc dot com

scammer site still up and working. hosting company has done nothing.

the inc website comes up for me. just remove the www

johnsoncreekgunclubinc dot com

scammer site still up and working. hosting company has done nothing.

Is it still the same hosting company?

It is the matter of a few minutes work for someone to setup a website on a different hosting company and have the domain registrar switch the website URL to point to the different hosting company.

A cease and desist letter doesn't mean squat to scammers, some hosting providers will ignore such demands, and if it is worthwhile to the scammers they will just switch to a different hosting provider (many of which provide hosting for free) if their site is blocked on the previous one.

This is why in disputes like this you really need to go through the domain name dispute process via ICANN.

Also, any org that has a valuable website, needs to register, and maintain registry, of variations on their website name.

Big orgs also go for the *sucks.* variations so that parody and criticism sites don't popup and they get redirected to the main org site.

still the same hosting company. it is still web.com in jacksonville FL.

but yeah, better to go after the registrar - in this case register.com.

you could also go after their DNS host - interland.net

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top