JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was informed this morning by police there has been a credible threat against me. The threat is not imminent (he is hospitalized but he won't be forever). I cannot carry at work. I do not always carry when not at work, but that will change now. A 38 Special +P J frame in a pocket holster is what I have been carrying. But I'd like the option of carrying my P220 Carry Elite comfortably.

Bottom line: I have tried a lot of holsters for the Sig, but none floated my boat or just didn't fit the pistol correctly. I finally tried the N82 original IWB tactical holster and I can wear it all day. Unfortunately, I bought it in P220 Compact size and although it fits, the night sights catch and the holster is slightly small. It will draw once very well, but reholstering is a nightmare and the backing is slightly small for the gun profile. Also some of the pistol grip touches my skin. I tried contacting them by email a couple weeks ago about the size but no answer. I'm now feeling more need to correct the situation.

I heard a P239 holster is equivalent in size to the P220 Carry. If I order another N82 tactical in P239 size should that work better for my P220 carry Elite?

Somebody have an informed opinion? I am really not interested in playing around looking for the perfect holster for me. I think I found it but need to get the sizing right. Especially now.

Call or e-mail Nate and tell him your story and he will make sure you get the right holster.

As far as re-holstering, once you get used to it and the holster has shaped to your gun it is not hard to do. CLICK HERE to see a video I did on how easily it can be done. Also, re-holstering is not a real issue. If you have to pull your firearm putting it away is something you will have all the time in the world to do.

Call or e-mail Nate and tell him your story and he will make sure you get the right holster.

As far as re-holstering, once you get used to it and the holster has shaped to your gun it is not hard to do. CLICK HERE to see a video I did on how easily it can be done. Also, re-holstering is not a real issue. If you have to pull your firearm putting it away is something you will have all the time in the world to do.

Thanks PP,
I emailed one of the Nates a couple weeks ago asking about a custom holster with dimensions, but no answer. Then again, it was not an urgent situation for me. One reason I did not go nuts about the size is that the holster does work well enough if I have the front sight positioned "just so", but it can snag if too deep into the stretchy material. But over the course of a day I don't want to worry about it at all -- I want to be confident the gun comes out easily. And I'd like to have my sweat salts away from the butt, etc. I also figured if I ever did draw the Sig, it would be serious and as you say, I'd have all day to reholster (or worst case, not ever need to again, I guess).

I watched your video prior to purchasing, and it was a major factor in my trying this comfy holster, but reholstering is much more difficult than it should be. Perhaps what I should do is call them Monday as you suggest, with my measured lengths where the holster is small at top of the slide, back edge of the magzine, and end of the barrel. AGAIN, I really appreciated your video at the time and it was a real help to me.

PP, I just checked your link and it was a different video. My pistol does not come even close to that easy to reholster. It snags every time on the night sights. Having said that, I think you were reholstering a J frame in your video. I'd be really interested in which N82 holster you are using for the small wheel gun.

I am using the one for small revolvers. I am having them make me one for a large S&W 629 for winter carry. I am also considering getting one for my SIG P220 Elite Carry. It might make the gun bareable for carry.

I am using the one for small revolvers. I am having them make me one for a large S&W 629 for winter carry. I am also considering getting one for my SIG P220 Elite Carry. It might make the gun bareable for carry.

I'm glad it isn't just me having trouble finding a comfortable holster for the P220 Carry Elite. Do you think a S&W 642 would work well in the small revolver holster? I'll be carrying all the time and a pocket holster may not always be the best choice for the J frame I have.

If I do end up trying the P239 N82 holster for the carry elite, I'll let you know how it works.

I'm hoping I get a definative answer to whether the P239 holster will fit the carry elite; either here or by calling Monday to N82.

Well, I ordered the small revolver holster for my J frame, and it is the mail of course. This morning bright and early Nate (not sure which one) called me and appologized (really?!) for taking a while to call me back -- he was out of town and just heard my message. He speaks with me for 10 minutes asking about my gun and my needs for carry. Nate tells me not to worry, he'll sew one together today and have it in the mail tomorrow. No charge! Just mail back the holster that was too small.

What customer service!!! And a great guy and family man. Made in America holsters and comfortable all day long. N82 is a great outfit in my experience and I recommend them.

Of course, I got the message today the bubblegum who threatened to cut my throat and cut my head off was released Sunday. Good thing I didn't trust the idiots to tell me quickly, and have been taking precautions since Saturday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top