JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I learned from my dad. My kids learned from me. Their kids will learn the same way. We all have great respect for the firearm and the ones who taught us.

1798865_847285528653659_855754354162943459_n.jpg
Photo from Cold Dead Hands

Last Edited:
+1 on that, my youngsters always hop in the truck with me when I go out target shooting. I definitely agree that people are curious or scared about what they don't know, so that wasn't an option in my house ;)
I teach my kids that firearms are a tool and need to be treated as such, so they know there purpose and treat them with respect

I remember seeing a video produced by the NRA that touched on this topic. While I don't believe the NRA is doing what they should be I did agree with the message in this particular video.
It had to do with a guy from michigan talking about how dozens of children drown in lakes in michigan every year so the state and schools mandated swim lessons.
But one kid shot himself so the same people called for an all out gun ban.
Maybe someone else here has a link to the video?

Just today I helped my 5 year old grandson shoot a 22 rifle for the first time. We did it just like my dad taught me. His maternal grandmother would have fits, but he's going to be a safe handling, crack shot before too long. He's proved it with our Red Riders and soon he's going to be the first hunter that I mentor. Teach 'em young.Teach 'em well.

My daughter's only gonna be 4 but I've been teaching her about the dangers and respect for our hobby - as much as her attention span will allow, anyways, heh heh. I can't wait till she's a little older so I can actually take her out to shoot my little .22 Beretta 70S. "Justaguy" is absolutely right when he said training is the only way to ensure safety.

Fully agree that kids should have firearm training. Too many dont know the diference between video games and real life. My 17 year old is about as safe as you can get and so are his shooting buddies. And they are willing to help pick up other peoples messes at the shooting spots. It should be part of the school curriculum in my mind even if they only teach them which end is the business end. But I doubt that would get alproved in today's society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top