JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just reading this garbage this morning too.

Another source with those who support it.
<broken link removed>

-including;
Earl Blumenauer (D-OR)
Jim McDermott (D-WA)

• Prohibit importation of all non-sporting, semiautomatic rifles, regardless of caliber, that can accept or be readily converted to accept any large-capacity ammunition magazine of more than 10 rounds. The standard should not be dependent on the military pedigree of the gun nor should it make arbitrary distinctions based on the configuration of a specific gun's magazine well. Such a standard will prevent importers from making slight variations in a gun's design that in the past would make it eligible for import.

• Prohibit the import of non-sporting semiautomatic rifles with fixed magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds. A new standard should anticipate the potential development of fixed-magazine rifles with high-capacity ammunition magazines.

• Prohibit the import of the frame or receiver of any prohibited rifle whether or not the frame or receiver is incorporated into a fully manufactured firearm. The "frame or receiver" of any firearm is its major working component and is defined by the Gun Control Act of 1968 as a "firearm."

• Prohibit the practice of importing military-style, non-sporting rifles in parts and then constructing them into fully functioning weapons once they are in the country by adding a requisite number of U.S.-made parts.

• Prohibit importers from circumventing any new restrictions by "sporterizing" their weapons (for example, making slight cosmetic changes to the guns while still retaining their firepower and capacity, such as incorporating "thumbhole stocks" in place of pistol grips on rifles).

• Prohibit the import of AK-type pistols in addition to AK-type rifles, as they also fail the sporting-purposes test.

Whats funny is, there IS already a ban on that..

No hi-cap rifles/shotguns
(Under 10rnds)
Must be neutered down
(No "evil" parts)

Hell, china cant sell firearms here anymore but in Canada they can.
What was that a "barrel ban" or something?

Our politicians are effing idiots.

If I didn't know better, I would think some people were getting a little something under the table to further encourage the market for imported firearms. This will just make people buy more, maybe at increased prices, in anticipation of a ban. Then those manufacturers will open a plant here inside the USA so they can continue selling the firearms that are banned from importation.

Their enthusiasm to disarm the population has made for a very well armed population.
Now I will rock some Iron Maiden.... Check out Bruce Dickinson's t-shirt in the video!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top