JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, today's confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh should amp things up a bit for them. Many of these same ding-dongs nearly lost the opportunity to protect our 2AR's for the foreseeable future.

Do we as gun owners have Public Relations Problem or social stigma....yes indeed.
As the article points in the OP...whenever there is a shooting or any misuse of a firearm , many in the media are quick to blame all gun owners and stereotype all gun owners...

Also as we all know there is plenty of misinformation out there to be found on firearms , gun owners , firearm laws etc...

At times however I think that we as gun owners can be our worst enemy.
Now before I get flamed or raise anyone's hackles...the issue here has many side...

At times its the gun companies themselves...
They offer a new rifle ...it has many features that make it :
Robust..
Reliable...
Safe...
Easy to use...
We as gun owners can appreciate all those things...
But...
Often when paired with folks , in the ad , who look like they should be in the next blockbuster action movie...
It can be make it easy for people to misuse , twist meanings , words , or the gun's features themselves into something the gun is not.

Or there is the gun owner who thinks that the latest firearm gun law / ban / restriction does not or will not affect him...
In my experience and reading of history...it seems simple.
Once you place a ban on one gun , type of firearm or features of firearms...it makes things :
Easy to do again and again...Just keep changing the wording to fit the "need" of the moment...
And makes a case for if one gun is banned or restricted any gun can be banned or restricted.

Then there is the "Hardcore" gun owner...
( And I know that the following is sure to ruffle feathers ...that is not my intent...I would however ask that one reads and thinks before replying to what I am saying here... )

First I am not saying :
That you have to compromise what you like , own , feel , know , think ,vote etc...
Nor that you have to be a yielding , punching bag or a doormat that others walk all over....
But...
When statements like
All______* are out to get your guns / are bad etc...
*Pick your adjective any will do....
Or a in your face attitude or an over the top confrontational manner in speaking , posting , etc ....
Extremism...

Can go a long way into turning people a way , ignoring what you have to say , destroy a message , make more folks against what you want or propose...
Granted any of the above can easily be applied to any side of any issue , as one can see if you simply read a forum or watch the news....

I am saying that :
What you do with a firearm , can be seen as how all gun owners act and think...
Many folks can be turned away , by actions and the way a message is delivered...
How guns and gun owners are perceived , is at times and places more important or relevant , than the actual truth or facts in the matter...
Be careful that what you say and do with firearms , does not put another nail in our coffin....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top