JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I been looking for a Chinese SKS for awhile and I think I will need to focus completely online(over priced on Armslist). Narrowing down based on price I got Impact Guns and Royal Tiger Imports. Which if any would you go to? (Impact Guns will be about $40 more) but I never heard of Royal Tiger Imports before.

Have you considered a C&R license? It may pay for itself on your first purchase due to the lack of a transfer fee and may even allow you to buy from sellers that either do not sell to the unlicensed or get you a C&R discount. In addition there are companies like Brownell's that offers dealer discounts to C&R licensees where you can easily pay for the license fee many times over in savings on products you would buy anyway.

Have you considered a C&R license? It may pay for itself on your first purchase due to the lack of a transfer fee and may even allow you to buy from sellers that either do not sell to the unlicensed or get you a C&R discount. In addition there are companies like Brownell's that offers dealer discounts to C&R licensees where you can easily pay for the license fee many times over in savings on products you would buy anyway.

Yeah I thought about it. But besides the SKS, what else could we buy in the future? There probably won't be many more guns that fit in the C&R category.

FR8Mauser.jpg FR8 Spanish Mauser in 7.62x51 NATO
C&R eligible I believe. Pre 1947 actions re purposed in the original military configuration. I'm sure there are a few more cool weapons that are C&R and still fit the practical/useable category.
This is on my list when my ship comes in!

Yeah I thought about it. But besides the SKS, what else could we buy in the future? There probably won't be many more guns that fit in the C&R category.
From my recollection any non NFA firearm over 50 years old is C&R eligible as well as those firearms that have historical significance (i.e. guns like an East German or Soviet Russian Makarov less than 50 years old would qualify). I have only purchased one firearm with my C&R so far (type 53) and I've had my license for about 18 months. The biggest benefit I have gained is the savings in parts when I order from companies that give discounts to those with licenses. The cost of the license ($30 for 3 years) has been paid for many times over already. If you order enough parts and supplies over 3 years it is worth it to get one even if you never procure a C&R eligible firearm with your license. It would probably pay for itself or at the worst be a wash to get a C&R before you get your SKS. The page I looked at on the Royal Tiger website listed their SKS rifles as C&R eligible. Getting your license would allow you to avoid the dealer transfer fee.

I think royal tiger may be the retail side if I/O Inc. I remember u could buy at I/O back in the day 2007-ish. Then they split to something Tiger imports for retail. I/O was just manufacturing . I was actualy thinking about this the other day when I was considering another parts kit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top