JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So Ted renamed the Gang Unit the Gun Violence Unit because... cultural sensitivity.

Then he disbanded the Gun Violence Unit because the criminals demanded it.

Now he and Hardesty bring in the feds because they have an inexplicable gang problem.

Am l out of my mind or are these people actually retarded?
It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other... :D

Don't compare them to retards - that's insulting to retards.
I'm sure they never meant to hurt your.... Nah, I better let that one go. :D:s0140::s0087:
What happens when the gangs 'face off' with the SJW'S ?
Same thing that happens after any big news event. Politicians will work out some twisted logic to make it your fault and then claim to have the solution.

Do not underestimate the opposition

It is wiser and safer to assume they know exactly what they are doing. Worst case you are better prepared for the outcomes.

Many often make the mistake of assuming that the intentions of politicians and bureaucrats are altruistic - in general, they are not. They seek power and control.
Oh, I don't underestimate Soros and his gang. They are evil, verging on Satanic. But Wheeler? Hardesty? If brains were dynamite...

I don't think it's strictly local or anything to do with SJW.

The drug market is always a battle. With the legalization of many lucrative hard drugs the area is more valuable than it used to be. So we're seeing an uptic in the fighting that goes with cartels asserting control/trying to take over the market. Reading the article with all its vague terms it's the first thing that came to mind. There hasn't been any in depth reporting on cartels in the USA for years, and it's been largely dismissed as BS.

That dismissal makes me think otherwise; "Nothing to see here! Move along!" The cartels are sophisticated organizations. And as anyone who knows econ can tell you vertical integration is a money maker. Hollywood used to own the actors, the studios and the theaters. That was broken up because it's anti-competitive. Why a would a cartel decide to NOT control the production, transport, distribution and retail sales?

Then again I read a lot about Mexico, so I might be in a "when you've got a hammer everything looks like a nail" mindset.

Mayor after mayor has not been able to be in the FBI loop regarding national security as they have opted out. I believe it's a matter of their own personal background check?

This is part of that problem..

Re: gangs, I found the Ed Calderon videos with Shawn Ryan really interesting in that regard. Dude spent time in PDX last summer when Shoes went up in flames, and his take on what's going on around here was spot on. I think he's right about the real gangs - cartels and such - having established roots here.

Mayor after mayor has not been able to be in the FBI loop regarding national security as they have opted out. I believe it's a matter of their own personal background check?

This is part of that problem..

Yeah don't think that's a problem if you have a 'D' after your name. Just saying.

Before anybody says anything, I am a registered Independent. That isn't a partisan comment but a statement of observed actions and facts.

Re: gangs, I found the Ed Calderon videos with Shawn Ryan really interesting in that regard. Dude spent time in PDX last summer when Shoes went up in flames, and his take on what's going on around here was spot on. I think he's right about the real gangs - cartels and such - having established roots here.
Spend some time in rockwood. You'll know he is. The decriminalization of personal use amounts of hard drugs has caused a massive influx of cartel backed gangs. The tagging and marking of slinging territory has gone through the roof. Corner boys all over. I was speaking to another member here in person a couple months back about hearing automatic gunfire near Kirk park, which is essentially in both of our backyards. It's not just Hispanic gangs either. Eastern European gangs run brothels in crappy rentals all over multnomah county, and not just residential ones. Truck and trailer storage lots are a big one. Paying off maintenance guys at empty commercial properties to look the other way for a couple days happens a lot. Remember a couple years back when they busted all the mattress stores for being money laundering hubs for Russians and Chinese criminals? Portland is not a good place, despite what the cost of living and influx of new money (which has turned to a heavy trickle) would suggest.

They keep sending me letters every year asking for money, although I only lived in PDX for the first year of the tax. They know where to mail the letter, but can't seem to figure out I don't owe the tax if I don't live in the city. I wonder how much money they have wasted trying to collect.
I always wrote "Choke on it" on the memo line of my checks to them.
That will be my opposition's October Surprise when l run for president since l don't Tweet or FB.
Scandalous.

Wait... so the nightly shootings and murders every other day wasn't a reason enough to get them here?
Yes - This is NOT untypical of ANY liberal response to anything.

First do nothing - act like it isn't happening and try convince the rest of the liberal brethren as well.

Then try to 'blend in' - act like you 'agree' with it and try to appease everybody with your fake 'acceptance' of the issue.

Next, disagree with ANY conservative, law enforcement based solutions and give in to the masses, run away, hide, and bend over and grab you ankles.

Then, when all else fails, 'capitulate' and start to 'slowly' ease into, and agree with 'small steps' toward a solution.

Then, last but not least, wash your hands of it, pass the buck and take NO responsibility for any inaction.

So Ted renamed the Gang Unit the Gun Violence Unit because... cultural sensitivity.

Then he disbanded the Gun Violence Unit because the criminals demanded it.

Now he and Hardesty bring in the feds because they have an inexplicable gang problem.

Am l out of my mind or are these people actually retarded?
not GANGS, groups!

I've known more than one person who would feign stupidity to try to get away with bubblegum...
download.jpeg-10.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews