Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Immigration Response

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by magnum, May 21, 2010.

1. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

2. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

That has got to be one of the most honest and patriotic, yet fair and balanced speeches I have ever heard. Way to go Tom McClintock! :thumbup:

3. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

4. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

Immigration sounds so...civilized , so legal , so full of promise and hope for all parties , except what we are seeing isn't immigration , it is an invasion ! Immigrants come to a place with skills , and dedication and hope for a different life . The invader sneaks into a country with no skills , no plan to become a productive part of his new home , and depletes the resources of their new home without contributing anything . I wouldn't mind so much if Mexico sent one doctor or engineer or other professional for every 3 unskilled , uneducated , laborer that does nothing to enrich their new homeland . A few of the best and brightest please , you know , just to balance the gene pool that is flooding into our country uninvited . Mexico loves the current trend , fewer people to support , feed and care for while Our dollars flow back across the border to keep their economy alive . Gun control seems to have worked out well for them , I mean how can these people be killed with guns that aren't allowed ? Maybe the criminals didn't get the memo , but our criminals are much more sensiive to public pressure , if we take the guns away from the law abiding citizens , then the crooks will relinquish theirs in the spirit of fairness I'm sure . What a crock .

5. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That was a great speech,

My question is how does calderon have any balls to come here and tell us about their opinion of our laws when the cartels and gangs run their country.
    If you watch the wolf blitzer interview of calderon you can see he's just blowing smoke.
    And their laws are much harsher than ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31ABzJuM7w

6. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Mexico will never do a thing to curb illegal immigration when 1 billion dollars is sent back to their country every year. Toss in the amount of money headed south because of the drug trade and it is staggering.

http://immigrationcounters.com/

There are two real issue that are not being addressed.

First, employers who hire illegals. If they couldn't find jobs they wouldn't have money to send home.

Second, the drugs... well, if there wasn't a market for it then it wouldn't be an issue. So, America needs to look in the mirror and get clean before that issue will ever be resolved.

-d

7. RAWII

RAWII Salem, Or. Member

Right On, Tom!!!!

8. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I agree with McClintock!

I agree with Decker....
    Number of unemployed Americans - over 20 million
    Number of skilled jobs held by illegals - over 9.7 million
    Go after the illegal employers!

9. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

Wow, go Tom! Way to tell it like it is!

10. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

You'll notice that before Mr. Mclintock was called for his time to make a statement , that Peter Defazio was called , but since he didn't bother to attend , no statement was made on behalf of OREGON . Thanks Pete !!

11. ruSSrt

ruSSrt WA Member

well in that case they should go for employers. $5 an hour for some hispanic lady to sew some pants or $10 + benefits + vacation + retirement to american citizen......

12. THC101

THC101 Pierce County Member

maybe the business owners who are hiring illegals are just legals getting jobs for family..

regardless, immigration is a huge problem. nothing is wrong with arizonas law, people need to stop whining.

13. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

Yeah vs. have it made in China for 50 cents.

14. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

Mclintock gave a slick speech chocked full of the stuff that righties like to hear. It made no mention of any cupablilty that the US has for letting these folks in here year after year while not enforcing laws, because some powerful fat cats wanted cheap labor. Given this ommision then what he has to say makes some sense, but given our history it is total hogwash. He talks about historical assimilation without regard to the situation of every first generation of foreigners in this country who nealy always ended up hanging on to the old ways, and these were people in this country legally, not people that can be rounded up and deported at any time. Also, If anyone talks to any of the citizen children of illegals for two minutes you will see that they are 100% American, assimilation is assured!

In short, he captured a sense of outrage over Calderon's speech that can only come from a place of vast intentional ignorance.

15. yubariver

yubariver selkirk mountains Member

Tom is a carpet bagging, career politician, funded by outside groups.

He gets elected using negative advertising and smearing opponents
    who have lifelong military service records.

A true NeoCon.

16. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Your description could just as well be any politician. :huh:

17. yubariver

yubariver selkirk mountains Member

Don't you think that's too cynical? Local politicians here in NE WA are from
    here. I haven't heard any slander others for their military service.

Tom shops around till he can find a district that he has a chance in. I don't
    believe he has had any other job than as a politician.

He is an opportunist.

18. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Legalize it and then tax the bee-jesus out of it. Drug enforcement is a sucking chest wound of resources in every direction from the legal system, penal system, etc. etc.

19. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

I spend my time and energy being angry about what's happened to our economy over the last 40 years. True culprits are at the top of our economic pyramid. We've practiced trickle-down for 30-plus years (yes, even under Clinton) and 'free trade'...so where is the nirvanna of good jobs that were supposed to flow?

IMHO we got sold down the river by someone other than the farm laborers.

Being mad at immigrants is like being mad at the servants cleaning up after a blow-out party for taking your spot at the ball...we should be mad at who managed the invite list for not including us.

In other words, add in 20 million manufaturing jobs and the other 50 million those would create and think about how our economic future would be good for everyone.

20. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Do you have evidence or an example of his bashing of people in the military?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.