JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1250
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Monroe
State
Washington
Zip Code
Imbel FAL kit S/N 227569. Originally from Dan's. I removed the receiver stub but that's about it. It has been packed away until I recently uncovered it and has not been built or used since I received it. This is a matching S/N kit. The #'s on the lower, bolt and carrier all match. Included are the OE imported barrel which is unmarked. All parts are included for a build along with the blank firing adapter. What you see is what is included. No upper receiver or locking shoulder included. These were great guns that were carried a bunch but shot little. The bore and chamber on this one is clean and clear.

Figured I should let go of this when I saw Gunthings non match kit @ $1150 and matching kit @ $1250 + shipping. I'd like to get $1250. Prefer local pickup on the wet side of WA (either in the Seattle area or Monroe). I may be on the high side but I'm not in any dire need to sell. As far as I know, there are NO MORE of these kits making it into Washington. I also am providing detailed photos of the exact kit which you don't get to see from Gunthings.

I don't have a lot of activity on this site but I go by the same username on Falfiles, Sigforum, S&W forum, and many others. Been around the gun culture a long time and have never made a bad transaction. I don't work that way. I just don't post a ton.

Not interested in parting out. First "I'll take it" gets it by time stamp. Please follow up with a PM. This item is cross posted.

Thanks for looking,
D

FAL6.jpg P1050922.JPG P1050926.JPG P1050928.JPG P1050929.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
User unresponsive after a week. Still available.
No, the user wasn't "unresponsive" - we corresponded via PM aplenty.

I just didn't want to meet at a 76 gas station like this was some nefarious drug deal. I invited the OP to my place of business (a known public place of business with private meeting areas - when needed and once you'd be comfortable.) OP didn't want to share his phone number (even after I shared my first and last name and my personal cell number...!)

It just seemed very weird. No trust. I don't deal in bad faith and lost interest.

No, the user wasn't "unresponsive" - we corresponded via PM aplenty.

I just didn't want to meet at a 76 gas station like this was some nefarious drug deal. I invited the OP to my place of business (a known public place of business with private meeting areas - when needed and once you'd be comfortable.) OP didn't want to share his phone number (even after I shared my first and last name and my personal cell number...!)

It just seemed very weird. No trust. I don't deal in bad faith and lost interest.

I attempted to contact you a few times over the past week with no reply. I offered to find another location, guess that wasn't good enough.
Peace brother. We're all on the same side here - just wanted the record straight. (We have enough onslaught on our freedom without strife among ourselves as well.) Good luck to you. It is a nice kit and you seem like a legitimate seller.

I'm personally very trusting, but very worldly, careful, aware and alert, so I just like to deal where there's more trust coming the other way as well..

Ok then, if we are going to thread crap on my ad, lets just clear the air with the truth. Not my truth, just THE truth.

We passed PM Feb 11th. I sent the last PM to you and followed up the 12th and the 16th with no reply from you since the 11th. Posted this lack of reply on the 19th in this ad. Over a week is pretty unresponsive to most and not good form.

You state you gave me your first and last name with your phone #. Not true: you gave me a first name only and phone #, which I didn't ask for nor will I share here. I gave you my reason for not giving out my phone number, which is my own business. Eventually I would have given it to you when we had a meet set if. All of the planning can be set through PM.

I've met up with axe/gun/knife folks at just about every location known to man over 40 years. Only 10 dealings through this forum so far. No one ever had an issue till now. I've found the great majority of them to be the salt of the earth, standard good folks. I simply called out a mutually public meeting spot in my town. We were not planning anything wrong, just an in person meet to exchange personal property for cash. This is what free men do. I'm not sure why you would assume I would be comfortable driving to your place of business. If cameras worry you, as you stated, what was my guarantee that you don't have surveillance installed? Or a buddy hiding in the closet, who knows these days? Stranger things have happened. Meeting in public has always been a safe bet for both parties involved in transactions. This is standard protocol. I never contact a seller with the intent of asking them to come to me. That's typically not how it works. I've been know to drive over 200 miles to make a deal. I also offered to stop by your town in another public spot and you declined.

Felt to me as though you were trying to manipulate and control my sale. I don't care to be handled. You say that I'm not trusting. Well, I have run into my share of no shows and flakes. This is why I plan a meet near me, the seller. Trust is earned in this life. I truly hope you don't learn this the hard way.

You want to bow out, that's fine and your choice. Just don't come here trying to make it look like I'm some un-trusting bad guy and you are on the moral high ground. It's just not true. It felt to me that you couldn't work it your way so you bailed.

Now I'm sure you will come back here and wax on eloquent as a controlling person will. I just want to leave the facts as they are so others know. Now the record is straight, I'm done and will not reply.

Good day to you and good luck on your search for a FAL. You may have a hard time finding one in this state.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.