JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know when SHTF you are going to want God's guidance and that of his Angel's, there been plenty of times in my life when a feeling or a sudden preminition saved my life and that of my men. I know in my heart it was either God or one of his Angel's forwarning me. I cannot disclose what happened but there is no other explanation,

Does bad things sometimes happen to good people? Yes

Does good thing good things sometimes happen to bad people? Yes

With that said I would not even joke about wiping my hiney with his written words. Would I use the written word as kindling to start a fire to save my life? Yes, I would and believe I would have Gods blessing.

But I would not even joke about using it to wipe my hiney.

Since you are so quick to ram your religious ideals down someone's throat...

Yeah, I've had sudden premonitions that have saved me or those with me. I refer to those as 'instincts'. Everyone has them. Some know how to use them, others don't. I don't think I'd put that one in the realm of the supernatural. "God's guidance and that of his angels"? Even if they do exist, don't need it or want it. I'll either survive or I won't.

And what words might those be? The ones that have been rewritten and perverted by Man over the last couple thousand years? The ones written specifically to control large groups of people that can't or, worse yet, won't think for themselves and assume responsibility instead of simply stating "oh, it was God's will"?

You can keep your weak, jealous "God".

And what words might those be? The ones that have been rewritten and perverted by Man over the last couple thousand years? The ones written specifically to control large groups of people that can't or, worse yet, won't think for themselves and assume responsibility instead of simply stating "oh, it was God's will"?

Yeah, so... maybe I'm reading out of a different book but the Bible teaches people to be self-sufficient and to prepare and take responsibility for ones actions.

/shrug

Anyway, back on topic... six months down the road = a lot of hungry and desperate people.

-d

Oh, yah, all of those millionaire kids born rich and gotten much richer by hiring clever people to manage their money and tax breaks, yah, like Paris Hilton they have "strived to have plenty" and surely do not deserve to be "sponged on". Sure, like the billionaire Wall Street brokers who "deserved" their hard-earned multi-million dollar bonuses for crashing the world economy, taken from taxpayer bailout funds! They sure "strived to have plenty!" Too bad for the millions of hard-working newly unemployed folks who lost their homes. AND THESE POOR FOLKS HAVE BEEN FORCED TO SELL THEIR FIREARMS!

Your call it "sponging". Michael Moore and I call it "taxing fairly" for a better-regulated economy.........................elsullo

Preach it, my brother!

I believe my experience in life and religeous beliefs are telling to be prepare for the absolute worse and am hoping that everyone else here is too.

Every once in awhile my wife gets ticked at me and then calls me a "pessimist." "Realist or pessimist, whichever I am it is a win/win," I answer. "If I expect the worst and the worst doesn't happen I am pleasantly surprised (a win). On the other hand, if the worst does happen then I got it right and am prepared for it (another win). I can't lose!" :)

Prepared for the worst? Yes, as much as I can be.

I feel sorry for the "optimists." It must be awful to go through life being blindsided by Murphy's Law all the time and never learn. :s0114:

Don't be fooled EZ. It IS possible to be an informed, prepared optimist.
You sound like you may be one yourself.

The pessimists are the ones that want to toss out what has worked with varying degrees of success for 200+ years. They think that because of the actions of a few, the system itself is flawed, and their plan is better.

What they don't realize, is that it takes a high degree of totalitarianism to make it work. In their misguided way of thinking, they somehow believe they'll be allowed the same level of freedoms they have now, with restrictions on "others." Whomever they may be.

Don't be fooled EZ. It IS possible to be an informed, prepared optimist.
You sound like you may be one yourself.

The pessimists are the ones that want to toss out what has worked with varying degrees of success for 200+ years. They think that because of the actions of a few, the system itself is flawed, and their plan is better.

I was definitely using a different definition for "pessimist" than the one you use. I really prefer to use the term "realist" and "libertarian" (small "L") in describing myself. I guess descriptive terms really don't mean much though, since all of us have our own ideas as to what different terms mean. I'll say this: I sure feel at home here on the forum. Despite the obvious disagreements and heated arguments among members this community is more conscious of the big picture, the potential outcomes, the prudent preparations, and what needs to be done to fix and protect it than is any other group I can think of. (Er, except for those that I adamantly disagree with all the time :s0114:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top