JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to stray too far off topic, but OIL is not used to make ammonium nitrate ;)

Yes it is! It takes oil to move the ingredients to the fertilizer plant.:D

I'm going to go have a Pop Tart and cup of coffee before they go up in price... (I sometimes do that after posting a worthless comment.)

"And who wants to live in a world without aspirin or toilet paper? There is no need to survive..........................elsullo" You can make aspirin from boiling willow bark...that's where it comes from. As for the other item.....ever heard of maple leaves??? Of course over here on the East side we just use a pine or juniper branch.....now you know why I'm so grumpy!!!

"And who wants to live in a world without aspirin or toilet paper? There is no need to survive..........................elsullo" You can make aspirin from boiling willow bark...that's where it comes from. As for the other item.....ever heard of maple leaves??? Of course over here on the East side we just use a pine or juniper branch.....now you know why I'm so grumpy!!!

Wiping with a maple Leaves is all well and good until it's winter time. =)

-d

Last Edited:
As a TP substitute, a long time survivalist on another site recommended going French and buying a small pump up sprayer to use as a bidet. He claims it works great

I don't know what kangaroos use

As a TP substitute, a long time survivalist on another site recommended going French and buying a small pump up sprayer to use as a bidet. He claims it works great. I don't know what kangaroos use

Use a metal tank sprayer and you can heat the water on a stove or over a fire. (Very "civilized.") :cool:

Disclaimer: For professional wipers only. Possibility of explosion and or a** burn. Do not try at home.

I think kangaroos just use their tongue. (Very "uncivilized.")

Actually, I have spent several seasons living wild outdoors decades ago. I always found thimbleberry leaves to be the best, and far nicer than the Sears-Roebuck catalog! Never got that "fresh" feeling though........................elsullo

You know when SHTF you are going to want God's guidance and that of his Angel's, there been plenty of times in my life when a feeling or a sudden preminition saved my life and that of my men. I know in my heart it was either God or one of his Angel's forwarning me. I cannot disclose what happened but there is no other explanation,

Does bad things sometimes happen to good people? Yes

Does good thing good things sometimes happen to bad people? Yes

With that said I would not even joke about wiping my hiney with his written words. Would I use the written word as kindling to start a fire to save my life? Yes, I would and believe I would have Gods blessing.

But I would not even joke about using it to wipe my hiney.

Amen.

-d

WHOA! I forgot all about an inexhaustible urban food source! PIGEONS! Also Starlings and the feral cats and the sewer rats and nutria and possums. All of those chubby homeless goth teens downtown might be tasty too, but wear rubber gloves handling them.........................elsullo

And make sure to cook them well done to kill any pathogens. Same thing with the bums who hang around the bus station. You may want to pass if lunch is covered in oozing boils with clouds a gnats filling the air around them. Another piece of timeless wisdom: if it stinks, don't eat it. God put your nose directly over your mouth for a reason.
"As long as the 20-piece is still 4.99 at McDonalds, I think I'll be fine."
It won't be. With hyper-inflation it will be expressed in exponential notation.
"Yes, but what kind of meat will be in it?"
Whatever is available (I expect the bus station will be a popular place for the suppliers to start looking) with a sawdust or shredded cardboard content => 40%
Bon appetit

No. It will be the other way around. Everyone is so wrong! Cities are always re-supplied first in disaster situations. Rural communities will soon run out of chewing tobacco, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and pork rinds. In shear panic the country folk will head for the "Promised Land" (populated urban environments with 7-Elevens). But they won't make it. The "city folk" will blow the bridges and cut down any intruders that get through.

You're more right than you know. Rural is inefficient. Gather all the serfs in one big location. Walk in with food ration chits and hire the young strong backs to work the fields, let the old folks die. The party will retrain the youth and the Chairman will rule the World!

It's how things are done in a large part of the world.

When SHTF what makes you think some kindly government will not be right here to help us return to Order?

Chinese
Japanese
Cuban
Canadian
Venzualin
Mexican

ETC.

You know when SHTF you are going to want God's guidance and that of his Angel's, there been plenty of times in my life when a feeling or a sudden preminition saved my life and that of my men. I know in my heart it was either God or one of his Angel's forwarning me. I cannot disclose what happened but there is no other explanation,

With that said I would not even joke about wiping my hiney with his written words. Would I use the written word as kindling to start a fire to save my life? Yes, I would and believe I would have Gods blessing.

We shall answer for every word and deed..

I Feel The Same Way About The Old Testament

Oh, yah, all of those millionaire kids born rich and gotten much richer by hiring clever people to manage their money and tax breaks, yah, like Paris Hilton they have "strived to have plenty" and surely do not deserve to be "sponged on". Sure, like the billionaire Wall Street brokers who "deserved" their hard-earned multi-million dollar bonuses for crashing the world economy, taken from taxpayer bailout funds! They sure "strived to have plenty!" Too bad for the millions of hard-working newly unemployed folks who lost their homes. AND THESE POOR FOLKS HAVE BEEN FORCED TO SELL THEIR FIREARMS!

Your call it "sponging". Michael Moore and I call it "taxing fairly" for a better-regulated economy.........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top