JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Imagine the countryside 6 months after TSHTF if we got a proper societal collapse? Just after the remainder of the city dwellers panic if the government has not yet saved them, they start to migrate in desperation seeking help, what will they find out of town?

No Chickens to be found nor Pheasants, Grouse, Rabbits, Hare, Squirrel , Ducks, Geese, Wild ponies, Wild pigs, etc because the rural communities have either killed everything, or more likely trapped and caged enough to start a captive breeding regime.

No fertiliser, no weed killer, it takes OIL to make Ammonium Nitrate Fertiliser, the same for pesticides. Crop size will immediately start to reduce due to various blights.

Most herds slaughtered or secured where scavengers can’t get them without fighting a well armed, well prepared and entrenched rural community."

Daily Survival: Guest Post: Imagine 6 Months After, By Northern Raider

I can be pretty sure it won't be like anything some gloom and doom writer would suggest, and I can't get my head around the mindset of those who have a fixation on "what if". I see it like this: If your car goes into a skid you can sit behind the wheel screaming and crapping your pants about what is going to happen, or you can grab the wheel and steer out of the skid. Few can argue that our society is skidding. What kind of driver are you?

What did people obsess about before the SHTF fantasy scenarios took over the internet?
Olivia Newton John.

And just to complete the NW connection and highlight the idea that 'wishes can come true', didja know Olivia Newton-John married a local (Portland) guy? Check "Matt Lattanzi" in Wikipedia. Matt was in my class at Benson Poly, Portland. Nice enough guy; puka-shell necklaces.

MrB+
--
Working my way up to A--

The urban masses will not get far out of town---the rurales will simply blow up the bridges. The bug-out mobiles will find all their worries over at back woods roadblocks and the hillbillies will enjoy their stuff. There will be a HUGE die-off of humans. Old folks and anyone dependent upon medication will simply die. Simple infected scratches become lethal. Fat folks can live for weeks without eating, but probably everyone will die off fighting over clean water anyway. The survivors might envy the dead, since almost all farm seed is hybrid and sterile, dying out after the first planting. Who can remember, is it the white camas or the blue camas that is poisonous? And who wants to live in a world without aspirin or toilet paper? There is no need to survive..........................elsullo

The urban masses will not get far out of town---the rurales will simply blow up the bridges......elsullo

No. It will be the other way around. Everyone is so wrong! Cities are always re-supplied first in disaster situations. Rural communities will soon run out of chewing tobacco, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and pork rinds. In shear panic the country folk will head for the "Promised Land" (populated urban environments with 7-Elevens). But they won't make it. The "city folk" will blow the bridges and cut down any intruders that get through.

Needles to say, the bridge will definitely be out, the Duke boys will be in needed to cross, and cousin Daisy will be a commodity.
Heirloom seeds are just the beginning, and contrary to popular belief you don't need pesticide to have a garden.
And no offense EZ, but I would not want to be in a city for that sh!t, I'll take my country livin' any day.
I will agree that the real city folk won't get too far outta town before getting "compromised."
But seriously, think about getting an analog p0rn stash going, you may need it!

...And no offense EZ, but I would not want to be in a city for that sh!t, I'll take my country livin' any day...But seriously, think about getting an analog p0rn stash going, you may need it!
:

:s0114: (And all along I've been concentrating on food, medicine, and tools!). Hey wife, we need to modify our strategy a bit.

We are sort of "country" (acreage with animals, garden, trees, etc.) but close enough to the urban center that a walk to the 7-Eleven would only take about 45 minutes one way. So I guess I'll be sitting on the deck watching for whichever horde ("city" or "country") decides to make their move first.

As long as the 20-piece is still 4.99 at McDonalds, I think I'll be fine.

Yes, but what kind of meat will be in it?

Soylent%2BRiot.jpg

WHOA! I forgot all about an inexhaustible urban food source! PIGEONS! Also Starlings and the feral cats and the sewer rats and nutria and possums. All of those chubby homeless goth teens downtown might be tasty too, but wear rubber gloves handling them.........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top