JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was listening to KBNP 1410 today and on Gun Talk they had a guest on from imwithroscoe.com.
It's all about snubbies, snubby culture, training and a big emphasis on safety. Pretty cool. Yeah just another genre, right? Perhaps, but pretty interesting none the less. To qualify, you must have a snubby with a three or less inch barrel. My SP101 in 38 spl gets me in. Fedora hats welcomed.

roscoe.JPG

I've had this one since 2005.

hikewheel-jpg.644510

I'll never buy another Taurus as long as I live, but this particular one has been great. Always goes bang when needed, packs easy, surprisingly crisp trigger, and accurate enough within the parameters of a snub.

UPDATE: If you joined IWR they just sent out an email that they are closing it down. DO NOT JOIN I'm With Roscoe.

Here is the email. Hopefully the new org will be out soon. Current memberships will be refunded and prorated if necessary.
This is a fun genre and I hope it bounces back. At any rate, let's keep the Snubby Love thread going!

1612590492073.png

Dear members and friends of I'm With ROSCOE:

I hope this note finds you well.

I am writing to you on behalf of myself and Jason Chandonnet in reference to I'm With ROSCOE's current circumstances.

As some of you are aware, there has developed a divergent opinion between the owners of I'm With ROSCOE LLC over the conduct and direction of the IWR business. We had hoped to resolve these disagreements privately and in a manner that would allow the company to continue. Despite the best efforts of all involved, we were not able to do so. Subsequently and regrettably, we have decided to dissolve the IWR company.

We will be spending the next couple of months winding up company affairs. We will be filling all outstanding merchandise orders until the inventory is depleted or the company has filed its dissolution papers with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Additionally, all membership dues will be refunded on a prorated basis. Refund information will follow in a separate e-mail.

We intend to institute a new venture to carry on the mission of I'm With ROSCOE. Information about our new company will be forthcoming. Nick Walker, the third owner of I'm With ROSCOE LLC has indicated to some of you that he also intends to start a new venture with a similar mission. If so, we're sure he will be in contact with you. We wish Nick well in his future endeavors.

This is not the outcome any of us wanted for I'm With ROSCOE, but we are committed to meeting our obligations to all our members as we wind down the company.

Thank you for your amazing interest in and your support of I'm With ROSCOE association, and we look forward to working for all of you again in very short order.

Most sincerely yours,

Michael de Bethencourt

UPDATE: If you joined IWR they just sent out an email that they are closing it down. DO NOT JOIN I'm With Roscoe.

Here is the email. Hopefully the new org will be out soon. Current memberships will be refunded and prorated if necessary.
This is a fun genre and I hope it bounces back. At any rate, let's keep the Snubby Love thread going!

That's interesting, because their site is still up and with the appearance of doing business as usual. Including signing up new members.

I wouldn't send any new money until we see how this resolves.

Here's my Roscoe. Ruger SP101 38Special. Hammer bobbed and edges smoothed for snag free easy carry. Generally I hate all things stainless but I've had this since the early 90's. My daughter has taken a liking to it so I guess it's hers if she wants it. Next to my 1895 in 45-70, it's her favorite thing to shoot. She's a light weight too. Go figure.

IMG_20210205_230153_186.jpg IMG_20210205_230059_599.jpg

Last Edited:
That's interesting, because their site is still up and with the appearance of doing business as usual. Including signing up new members.

I wouldn't send any new money until we see how this resolves.
I trust that they will do the right thing. They seem to be committed overall as a group to Snubby Love and I'm sure they don't want to leave the members disaffected. If they didn't care they wouldn't send the emails out with the updates. Wait and see I guess. :)

I trust that they will do the right thing. They seem to be committed overall as a group to Snubby Love and I'm sure they don't want to leave the members disaffected. If they didn't care they wouldn't send the emails out with the updates. Wait and see I guess.

You may be right. It just doesn't make sense to send any money in only to have it sent back again. Maybe wait for more clarity. It seems kinda weird that they wouldn't make some up-front mention of the situation on the website as outlined in the email.

Here's my Roscoe. Ruger SP101 38Special. Hammer bobbed and edges smoothed for snag free easy carry. Generally I hate all things stainless but I've had this since the early 90's. My daughter has taken a liking to it so I guess it's hers if she wants it. Next to my 1895 in 45-70, it's her favorite thing to shoot. She's a light weight too. Go figure.

View attachment 821445 View attachment 821446
The Ruger has a 3.06" barrel length. Shoots nice with the Hogue grips. Sorry you are out of the club.:confused: NO SOUP FOR YOU.:p:D
one 38 spl, (2) 357, and one 44 mag
1612594900088.png

Here's mine:
20200530_203138.jpg
A 1959 Model 10 bought from a member here. I added the basket weave grips because l thought they gave it a cool Mike Hammer/Mickey Spillane vibe.
When l went shooting with my sons a couple of weeks ago l was (pleasantly) surprised by my youngest boy's (25 yrs) fascination and eagerness to shoot it, even with a table full of newer, more advanced, and more "exotic" hardware available.

The word Roscoe in the thread title really caught my eye... my dad used to call his off-duty piece his Roscoe, but you don't hear it very much anymore.

Tagged: @HA556

Another email update from IWR. Now they're recruiting members. I'll take it as a good sign. If you join, tell them that Cigars sent you so I can get my cheese points.:D
I'm with ROSCOE
Latest posts from on 02/06/2021
Excerpts:Red Hawaiian Shirts are in!
Dear members, We are happy to tell you that the Red Hawaiian shirts have arrived. These look incredible! We will be packing them up and mailing them out in short order.
Read on »
I'm With ROSCOE Recruitment Drive Notice: The folks on this end are looking to grow with as many new ROSCOE members as is possible. In support of that effort, we would like to ask you to help us reach as many of our fellow snub shooters as possible. We are inviting you to e-mail over the I'm With ROSCOE membership page address (https://www.imwithroscoe.com/) to any ten friends you think would most enjoy joining our snub shooters' association. In exchange for your aid, for every two new members you help us recruit, we will extend your I'm With ROSCOE membership for an additional year free. Our upcoming year promises to notably increase the number of books, videos, articles, training tips, and e-match events we can offer. Additionally, our goal is to double the number of sponsor companies that offer our members discounts on revolver related services. We hope you will share information on joining our snub shooters' association with those fellow shooters you know would most benefit from the information and services provided by our association. Thank you for your membership and for your support, and we all look forward to growing I'm With ROSCOE together.
As always, please remember to post snub related items on our MeWe and Facebook pages, and to invite your fellow snub shooter to sign on too.
– The whole ImWithROSCOE Staff.
Videos from the 2005 Snubby Summit are now available!
Visit our Video Page for instant access

Post #14: When I was a kid, I thought the 2" M10 was the foxiest sidearm in the world. I knew the M36 wasn't the same, but didn't know what the diff. was.
Today my bathrobe gun is a snubbie. I know it's not much, but it sure beats something bigger and badder that I can't reach.

Another email update from IWR. Now they're recruiting members. I'll take it as a good sign. If you join, tell them that Cigars sent you so I can get my cheese points.:D
I'm with ROSCOE
Latest posts from on 02/06/2021
Excerpts:Red Hawaiian Shirts are in!
Dear members, We are happy to tell you that the Red Hawaiian shirts have arrived. These look incredible! We will be packing them up and mailing them out in short order.
Read on »
I'm With ROSCOE Recruitment Drive Notice: The folks on this end are looking to grow with as many new ROSCOE members as is possible. In support of that effort, we would like to ask you to help us reach as many of our fellow snub shooters as possible. We are inviting you to e-mail over the I'm With ROSCOE membership page address (https://www.imwithroscoe.com/) to any ten friends you think would most enjoy joining our snub shooters' association. In exchange for your aid, for every two new members you help us recruit, we will extend your I'm With ROSCOE membership for an additional year free. Our upcoming year promises to notably increase the number of books, videos, articles, training tips, and e-match events we can offer. Additionally, our goal is to double the number of sponsor companies that offer our members discounts on revolver related services. We hope you will share information on joining our snub shooters' association with those fellow shooters you know would most benefit from the information and services provided by our association. Thank you for your membership and for your support, and we all look forward to growing I'm With ROSCOE together.
As always, please remember to post snub related items on our MeWe and Facebook pages, and to invite your fellow snub shooter to sign on too.
– The whole ImWithROSCOE Staff.
Videos from the 2005 Snubby Summit are now available!
Visit our Video Page for instant access
I received the same email after just receiving the email about closing down. I would NOT order anything or join or recommend membership until the dust has settled on their closing down. The emails show that there is disagreement between the original operators and that can't possibly be settled yet. I don't know but this may be a previously scheduled promotion before SHTF. Tread with caution.

I received the same email after just receiving the email about closing down. I would NOT order anything or join or recommend membership until the dust has settled on their closing down. The emails show that there is disagreement between the original operators and that can't possibly be settled yet. I don't know but this may be a previously scheduled promotion before SHTF. Tread with caution.
I received another email last night. They indicated that a new operation will be replacing IWR. It will be called Snub Noir and more will be coming out on Monday. He also reassured me that memberships will be refunded. But no, definitely don't sign up for IWR right now. I just happened to join right before their problems apexed.no big deal. The communication has been good.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top