JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello there,

My partner of 12 years and I came up to the Portland area a couple years ago from Colorado. Sadly prior to our move up here we had to liquidate our entire firearms collection. Well its been a couple years since we landed here and we are thankfully finally getting back into shooting sports, IIA activism, and Gunsmithing (well we are building AR-15's at least, on Anderson lowers and playing around with our 3d printer to see what all can be done there).

Soooo yeah. Things are a lot different out here than what I was used to with my community of shooting buddies back in Colorado Springs (mostly Active duty Military folks). So with me being pretty shy in person and feeling somewhat like a fish out of water out here I figured I should get involved in some manner of forums to get back into shooting out here. I'd really like to find out what all I can do to help make sure the kind of horrible laws that where passed back in Colorado don't get passed here and just generally further the cause of Liberty in Oregon.

Other than firearms I'm a huge nerd, I used to do the whole Defcon thing in Las Vegas every year, I'm a big PC gamer. I do a lot of 3d work in Blender and dabble in VR (HTC Vive mostly) development in the Unreal Engine. I also used to do a lot of amateur pyrotechnics stuff (we made rockets, shells, fountains, pretty much anything but ground salutes) but seeing as we live in an Apartment and all my tooling, ball mill and chemicals is at a friends house in Colorado I doubt I'll be doing much with that hobby soon. And finally I'm looking at going back to school sometime soon for Machine shop classes and hope my partner can convince her father that he needs me become a Type 07 or Type 10 FFL *nrrragh-Destructive Devices /Homer_Simpson* once I'm done with that. (Hey, there is no way I can pay those damn ITAR fees, buy machinery, and pay off Uncle Sam alone)

Well thats pretty much me short of a blood test sorry if it was TMI but besides when we went to buy our Lowers this is the first time I've gotten to talk about firearms stuff with anyone besides family in a couple years. I hope I can contribute to the community!

Thanks for the warm welcome all! I overestimated my capacity for wit and still can't come up with any witty responses..............

I do have a strong craving for a sammich now. Thanks a lot CertainDeaf =p

On behalf of this old f@rt welcome to the forum. Lotsa good folks with lotsa great knowledge. Just stay away from the 9mm vs 45acp discussions and you'll do fine. Besides, all the correct people already know that 45acp is the best round for everything from plinking cans to hunting cape buffalo and elephants. LOL See what I mean? Pops

Welcome, another Colorado transplant here from Loveland area.
I joined this forum over five years ago and it has been great. Allot to learn here and a good community that likes to build and shoot.

Welcome to the forum! (I know real witty huh, lol).

I think you'll really like it around these parts. The people here are great for the most part and as a member that has only been here for less than a month, I already feel at home by the amount of support, camaraderie and hospitality, shown by it's members and hopefully you will too. Great to have another 2A supporter in the great state of Oregon.

Welcome aboard @MooThulhu, you've found the greatest forum for shooters living in the PNW. Great group of folks on here, knowledgable and willing to help.

Given a short time you'll find those with similar perspectives and thoughts. You also learn that sharp rocks make smooth stones.

Enjoy the forum, relax and post often, we're looking forward to getting to know you more...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top