JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm taking a safety class for my job and the instructor and I start talking guns and reloading during a break. The class is at his house, because that's what you do in a smaller town lol. He mentions that his father-in-law had a few old reloading tools that his wife wants to get rid of--free if I want them--okay...

He comes out after lunch with a pristine 16 gauge Lee Loader missing nothing and a really nice and well cared for old set of steel .357 RCBS dies.

I probably should have taken them free but nostalgia got the better of me, especially since they were his Father-in-laws. I looked them up in several places on line and together they might have gone for anywhere from 70 to 110 bucks. I made him take 80 bucks. It appears they were made around 1960.

I'm a sentimental sucker:p

I actually have a 16 gauge and several .357 so it isn't like they aren't useful to me. Still a suckero_O.

Plus I didn't want the safety guy to get peeved at me later. Angry safety guy = poor work environment. Just saying.

20190922_133249.jpg 20190922_134953.jpg 20190922_134941.jpg

That is awesome!
Back before he passed, I had a really cool client that reloaded. He'd give me a box of fresh loaded .45acp from time to time. I miss that guy.
Back when Tri-County GC was mostly a broken down trap and skeet club some older fellas got me started. They gave me a bunch of empty hulls to reload so I could afford to shoot with them on Thursdays since I was a poor kid. Never forgot that kindness. Thus the sucker for nostalgia was borno_O. The old-timers out there were a great bunch of guys.

When I go to estate sales, I always look for a tool that was well used and cared for by the late owner. Sometimes it's a wrench or hammer, but my favorite was a very old garden hoe made in England with the blade worn down to a sliver and the handle smoothed down to a spindle where the 96 year old owners hands held on to it.

Last Edited:
Back when Tri-County GC was mostly a broken down trap and skeet club some older fellas got me started. They gave me a bunch of empty hulls to reload so I could afford to shoot with them on Thursdays since I was a poor kid. Never forgot that kindness. Thus the sucker for nostalgia was borno_O. The old-timers out there were a great bunch of guys.
Seems to always be the case :)
Thats why this hobby is great, kind folks every which way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top