JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm taking a safety class for my job and the instructor and I start talking guns and reloading during a break. The class is at his house, because that's what you do in a smaller town lol. He mentions that his father-in-law had a few old reloading tools that his wife wants to get rid of--free if I want them--okay...

He comes out after lunch with a pristine 16 gauge Lee Loader missing nothing and a really nice and well cared for old set of steel .357 RCBS dies.

I probably should have taken them free but nostalgia got the better of me, especially since they were his Father-in-laws. I looked them up in several places on line and together they might have gone for anywhere from 70 to 110 bucks. I made him take 80 bucks. It appears they were made around 1960.

I'm a sentimental sucker:p

I actually have a 16 gauge and several .357 so it isn't like they aren't useful to me. Still a suckero_O.

Plus I didn't want the safety guy to get peeved at me later. Angry safety guy = poor work environment. Just saying.

20190922_133249.jpg 20190922_134953.jpg 20190922_134941.jpg

That is awesome!
Back before he passed, I had a really cool client that reloaded. He'd give me a box of fresh loaded .45acp from time to time. I miss that guy.
Back when Tri-County GC was mostly a broken down trap and skeet club some older fellas got me started. They gave me a bunch of empty hulls to reload so I could afford to shoot with them on Thursdays since I was a poor kid. Never forgot that kindness. Thus the sucker for nostalgia was borno_O. The old-timers out there were a great bunch of guys.

When I go to estate sales, I always look for a tool that was well used and cared for by the late owner. Sometimes it's a wrench or hammer, but my favorite was a very old garden hoe made in England with the blade worn down to a sliver and the handle smoothed down to a spindle where the 96 year old owners hands held on to it.

Last Edited:
Back when Tri-County GC was mostly a broken down trap and skeet club some older fellas got me started. They gave me a bunch of empty hulls to reload so I could afford to shoot with them on Thursdays since I was a poor kid. Never forgot that kindness. Thus the sucker for nostalgia was borno_O. The old-timers out there were a great bunch of guys.
Seems to always be the case :)
Thats why this hobby is great, kind folks every which way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top