JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You know, you only get one spin on this planet. I believe in the 2nd amendment. I want our rights to FLOURISH during my lifetime.

One way to go is to find a politician who represents my ideas and support his campaign. That's one way to go.

Another way to go is to gather small to medium political contributors who want their 2nd amendment rights to grow, and aggregate that power into something that is enough to drive a politician into power.

The difference is that in the first case, the people have to beg for their rights. In the second case, the politicians have to beg for the money.

It's more work to make the second way happen. We have to write the legislation ourselves. We have to pay a Senator to shop our ideas and they might not honestly be behind having the People run the legislature. We need a lawyer to write legislation. We need an accountant to sign the checks.

If there are 500 guys who have $500 to contribute on an annual basis to a fund that is designed to BUY A SENATOR, we could fund a filibuster. That's a total of $250K. The entire vitamin industry spends that kind of money to keep vitamins unregulated. Imagine being one of 500 people who can cast their ballot to decide which Senator gets the money. This is a concentration of power.

For example, I would like to CCW in Washington. My favorite movie theater is in Washington, but I can't carry there because Washington does not recognize my Oregon CCW permit. I would like Washingtonians to be able to carry in Oregon. I have friends from Washington who can't carry in Oregon. Same with Idaho and Montana. I would like to have my hand on the handle of the whip that drives a Senator to move legislation forward to expand our natural 2nd amendment rights.

That's what I want. I want to find 499 other guys who can throw $500 into the kitty to make this happen for ourselves.

If you want to be one of those 500 guys, we will find each other. Tomorrow, I will have my favorite Carhartt hickory on and have a notebook on hand to gather contact information. It looks like buying a table at one of these events is about $60. I'm going to figure out how to buy table space at the next one and see what happens from here.

Well, that was kind of disappointing. I wound up talking to a guy who tried what I'm talking about. He said that 30 years ago he found out that there's no way around Portland. Between Portland and Eugene, anti-2nd amendment activists run the show. And they choose the Governor. Even if some pro-2nd legislation got passed, the Governor can veto it and that's the end of the ball game.

It sounds like he might be right.

I talked to a couple other people, but that one guy was pretty persuasive. How do you de-liberalize Portland?

Maybe this?

g1327142212437057443.jpg

g1327142212437057443.jpg

You just need more money than Bloomberg (easier said than done). You can buy whatever politician you want. Prozanski and Burdick would become rabid pro-gun extremists overnight if you paid them enough.

Well, that was kind of disappointing. I wound up talking to a guy who tried what I'm talking about. He said that 30 years ago he found out that there's no way around Portland. Between Portland and Eugene, anti-2nd amendment activists run the show. And they choose the Governor. Even if some pro-2nd legislation got passed, the Governor can veto it and that's the end of the ball game.

It sounds like he might be right.

I talked to a couple other people, but that one guy was pretty persuasive. How do you de-liberalize Portland?
That's simple
Only people who own real estate or earn a taxable paycheck should be entitled to vote.

If you live off the government at any level, no voting rights. Only those who pay the bills get to decide...

That's my dream, only contributors voting...

How do you fight the anti-2nd crowd in Portland/Eugene? Use the $250k instead to take new people to local gun-ranges in those areas. Especially the 'I don't care either way'; aka the group of people most easily influenced by anti-gun propaganda, but also most likely to be against gun-control once they have been exposed to reality.
Heck, you could probably even get local stores to maybe donate (or provide at cost) ammunition and some sample firearms.

You need to find a Democrat early in his political career, with a blackmail angle. Promise to fund and promote him, with the promise he passes 2nd amendment friendly legislation when governor or the skeletons come out. Fight from the inside is the only way.

Need to get women, especially moms into guns. They are the ones who would benefit the most from being able to carry, and they would also be the best way to "get the word out".

Throwing money at a legislator is throwing money away. If they are that corrupt they can be bought by either side, we dont need them and they should be in jail. Just my opinion. :)

How do you fight the anti-2nd crowd in Portland/Eugene? Use the $250k instead to take new people to local gun-ranges in those areas. Especially the 'I don't care either way'; aka the group of people most easily influenced by anti-gun propaganda, but also most likely to be against gun-control once they have been exposed to reality.
Heck, you could probably even get local stores to maybe donate (or provide at cost) ammunition and some sample firearms.

That's kind of interesting. With $250K, a person could rent lanes in a range for Ladies' Night.

I don't know. That's not getting politicians to beg for money, it's more of the same that's been tried for decades and decades. It sounds good.

I've always thought that being anti-CCW is being pro-rape. Women should be the ones who carry guns... they're less likely to be the one to win a physical fight. Who would be the more natural adherent to the 2nd?

Interesting, but I'm ambivalent. Something to think about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top