JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thet rite their sowns like won uf them their big city slikers with a massiah complex. to bad him aint wise enough to done hav enuf munny four his own range at home.

It would have rolled better If you didnt try so hard. Some times my Grammer online suffers from a lack of keyboarding. Not to mention all thumbs for fingers. Either way, this forum is the best one in town. Even with gramatic incompitence Like mine when I dont cath it.

Sorry but when I realized a few years back I would never be a perfect individual I also at that moment decided that others too would fall short so it is now a scents of enjoyment when I see it in myself and others. Life is a thing to enjoy.

I didn't ask for perfection. All I asked was for people to please try!

And just to show that I have a sense of humor about the whole thing:

418312_406897919376286_146159067_n.jpg

418312_406897919376286_146159067_n.jpg

And as gun owners, I feel that it is even more important to present ourselves as anything other than the stereotypical ignorant hicks that many see the gun owning population as being.

Well, who would you you rather have next to you operating a deadly weapon or vehicle, a Navy seal who is smarter than your average Harvard graduate, or your cousin Cleatus, who by some miracle, graduated elementary school without learning the absolute basics of communicating effectively, using the english language?

Nobody is talking about missing a comma or not capitalizing your I's, but yes, BASIC english proficiency should be a requirement for being a part of society.

Please dont take me wrong English is a great language even spoken in parts of the United States. Still not understanding how the equates to shooting skills or understanding of gun safety. For example the cop who is suing Glock because his kid shot him with his own gun that he left in the car with a kid and not in a car seat. Proper grammar is not the only measure of intelligence in practical matters, neither is the amount of schooling you have. Oh yeah my cousin Cleatus is a high school graduate and I have heard some SEALS (notice the proper capitalization of SEALS) talk and they dont always use correct grammar either. Also many societies don't even speak english.

Still not understanding how the equates to shooting skills or understanding of gun safety.

Proper grammar is not the only measure of intelligence in practical matters.

I suppose you are right. I struggle with math. We all have different strengths and weaknesses. I just have a hard time understanding how someone could struggle with they're is the contracted form of they are, just like others have a hard time understanding why it takes me a couple seconds to figure out that 9x8 is 72.

But if you suck at math and grammar, well...:)

Do you go apply for a loan at the bank or go to a job interview after crawling out from under your truck where you just changed the oil? It matters how you present yourself, and it bears on whether you and your message are taken seriously. Maybe that isn't the way things should be, but it IS reality. It doesn't matter how well that truck runs, you won't get top dollar for it if the paint job is toast and the fenders are bashed in. Appearances do matter, especially when the anti-gunners try to paint all gun owners as ignorant thugs.

BTW, my pet peeves revolve around usage:

"I could care less"...It really means you do care at least a little, because you could reduce how much you care. You mean to say, "I COULDN'T care less", meaning that you don't care at all.

"Take a new tact"...Tact is something you use when you are exhibiting good manners in a conversation. What you mean to say is "Take a new tack", as in changing direction when sailing.

"He was killed after being struck by a garbage truck"...So, what killed him? It wasn't the truck hitting him. He was killed AFTER that.

"Its"...Belonging to it.
"It's"...Contraction meaning "It is".

I care, because if they lack the capacity to master third grade english, then they probably should not be driving a car on the same road as me and my family, or shooting at the same range as me.

SHOULD BE: "...third grade English,..my family and me,..same range as I." (English is a title, therefore capitalized, first person pronoun always comes last, first person pronoun should be compatible with the verb: "I shoot", not "me shoot").

The misuse of words irritates me and, to me, makes the user of such words look uneducated, or lazy, in my eyes. But of course we all know what one person's opinion counts for - squat. So I will continue to be irritated by them and they will continue to show their true selves. If they don't care how it comes across then there is no change in sight. And, when I say I get irritated, it isn't a major irritation. It is only one where I roll my eyes and continue on.

As for anyone believing that attempting to correct someone is being the "grammar" and "spelling" police, I would say that it is a shame that people do not care anymore about even attempting to communicate well. I know we can figure out what they mean, most of the time. But that doesn't mean that we have to accept the ignorance or laziness that is becoming more and more prevalent today. Just like gun rights, communication will continue to degrade unless enough people try to stem the tide of that degradation.

That is my opinion and if you don't like it, don't like it. I know a lot of people would not agree with me. But I will still do what I do.

SHOULD BE: "...and to me...uneducated or lazy...".(no commas). "...figure out what they mean most of the time..." (no comma)

Well, who would you you rather have next to you operating a deadly weapon or vehicle, a Navy seal who is smarter than your average Harvard graduate, or your cousin Cleatus, who by some miracle, graduated elementary school without learning the absolute basics of communicating effectively, using the english language?

Nobody is talking about missing a comma or not capitalizing your I's, but yes, BASIC english proficiency should be a requirement for being a part of society.

SHOULD BE: "deadly weapon or vehicle:"... (colon rather than comma indicating a list to follow.) "...Navy Seal..." (Navy Seal is a title, therefore capitalized) "...using the English language?" (English is a title, therefore capitalized.)"...BASIC English proficiency..." (English is a title, therefore capitalized.)

I guess I must be a grammar liberal then cause if you read it and understand what the party means than who cares if its grammatically correct. Course I guess thats a pattern for me as I am not always politically correct either. or is that either.

You'll notice no corrections here. This is precisely how I feel about the entire affair, not to mention I'm exhausted now.

SHOULD BE: "...and to me...uneducated or lazy...".(no commas).
Game on.

Sorry, but it was a parenthetical statement.

Use a comma to set off parenthetical elements, as in "The Founders Bridge, which spans the Connecticut River, is falling down." By "parenthetical element," we mean a part of a sentence that can be removed without changing the essential meaning of that sentence. The parenthetical element is sometimes called "added information." This is the most difficult rule in punctuation because it is sometimes unclear what is "added" or "parenthetical" and what is essential to the meaning of a sentence.

"...figure out what they mean most of the time..." (no comma)

Same as above.

Use a comma to set off parenthetical elements, as in "The Founders Bridge, which spans the Connecticut River, is falling down." By "parenthetical element," we mean a part of a sentence that can be removed without changing the essential meaning of that sentence. The parenthetical element is sometimes called "added information." This is the most difficult rule in punctuation because it is sometimes unclear what is "added" or "parenthetical" and what is essential to the meaning of a sentence.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top