JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please, PLEASE people, can you at least try to get it right?

f_1371969.jpg

Don't forget accept/except, affect/effect, to/too/two, and than/then.

Poor grammar almost always degrades a piece of writing and hurts the message.

I guess I must be a grammar liberal then cause if you read it and understand what the party means than who cares if its grammatically correct. Course I guess thats a pattern for me as I am not always politically correct either. or is that either.

I guess I must be a grammar liberal then cause if you read it and understand what the party means than who cares if its grammatically correct.

I care, because if they lack the capacity to master third grade english, then they probably should not be driving a car on the same road as me and my family, or shooting at the same range as me.

The misuse of words irritates me and, to me, makes the user of such words look uneducated, or lazy, in my eyes. But of course we all know what one person's opinion counts for - squat. So I will continue to be irritated by them and they will continue to show their true selves. If they don't care how it comes across then there is no change in sight. And, when I say I get irritated, it isn't a major irritation. It is only one where I roll my eyes and continue on.

As for anyone believing that attempting to correct someone is being the "grammar" and "spelling" police, I would say that it is a shame that people do not care anymore about even attempting to communicate well. I know we can figure out what they mean, most of the time. But that doesn't mean that we have to accept the ignorance or laziness that is becoming more and more prevalent today. Just like gun rights, communication will continue to degrade unless enough people try to stem the tide of that degradation.

That is my opinion and if you don't like it, don't like it. I know a lot of people would not agree with me. But I will still do what I do.

I care, because if they lack the capacity to master third grade english, then they probably should not be driving a car on the same road as me and my family, or shooting at the same range as me.

Thet rite their sowns like won uf them their big city slikers with a massiah complex. to bad him aint wise enough to done hav enuf munny four his own range at home.

Sorry but when I realized a few years back I would never be a perfect individual I also at that moment decided that others too would fall short so it is now a scents of enjoyment when I see it in myself and others. Life is a thing to enjoy.

Oh yes I agree with that, we should make good grammar a requirement for both drivers licenses and CCW.

Well, who would you you rather have next to you operating a deadly weapon or vehicle, a Navy seal who is smarter than your average Harvard graduate, or your cousin Cleatus, who by some miracle, graduated elementary school without learning the absolute basics of communicating effectively, using the english language?

Nobody is talking about missing a comma or not capitalizing your I's, but yes, BASIC english proficiency should be a requirement for being a part of society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top