JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up the Taurus 709 I've been eying! I put 50rds of Blaser (?) FMJ through it right away and it was flawless. Then I headed to Bi Mart on the way home and got 50rds of Remington 115gr for $11, so cheap! Plus this is so much easier to CC than my full size USP .40.

Can you tell that I'm excited?

3945443949_58a100de28.jpg
3946227274_dab9370698.jpg

It is a little weird looking, the thumb dent is nice but the index finger dent seems to be just for show. It shoots well and has an excellent trigger. The trigger has about 2miles of pull with no weight at all, then there is a very crisp break. I believe the trigger is advertised at 6.5lbs but it feels much lighter than that. The DA trigger doesn't feel bad either, but the SA action is the best I've felt.

Also, after cleaning it after the first time I shot it, I noticed that the feed ramp appears to be fully polished from the factory.

~$400. I'm going to do my best to put a few hundred rounds through it in the next week or two and I'll keep you guys posted on its performance.

I put another 130rds of WWB and Remington 115gr FMJ through it today without any problems. I fired from sandbags, weaver stance, and strong hand only. I didn't shoot with my off hand because I made a stupid mistake I made earlier. 2 other guys shot it too, and they thought it was a pretty nice little gun. I've also started carrying it more frequently since I can conceal under a t-shirt in a IWB holster.

I did make the stupid mistake of bad hand placement when shooting from sandbags to get the sights adjusted, which took a chunk out of my left thumb. I couldn't use my normal grip, so I adjusted my support hand back/up my wrist. There is 1 hole on the fleshy part of the web, and about an inch long gouge in the first segment of my thumb. There was flesh left on the slide of my 709 when I got back (my friend was kind/smart enough to make the gun safe as I went to get paper towels and a bandaid).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top