JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isnt a DUII conviction still a felony? How can they carry a weapon or drive a government vehicle if convicted?

May set a good precident for regular joes defense in court...."well if the police can get way with it".

Of course they could just chalk it up to hands on experience in the detection of DUII driver education......:s0131:

No, a DUI is a Class A Misdemeanor unless it is a repeat conviction. Obviously, it shows very poor judgement on the officer's part. No arguing that. They certainly need to attend some AA classes or something like that. Perhaps even a suspension (unpaid, never understood paid suspensions) while the case is completed. But there's no reason to call for their heads or jobs...

Sorry... DUII's are NOT a mistake. They are a WILLFUL action.

I'm not saying that they aren't responsible for their actions, but ask anyone who's ever ran afoul of the law, and they'd argue it was a mistake.

To help you out, Merriam-Webster defines a mistake (among other definitions) as to make a blunder in the choice of. I would assume they made a blunder when they chose to drink and then get behind the wheel.

I believe that it would be insightful to interview citizens that have been arrested by either of the two officers for a similar crime, and ask their opinion on the matter...

W44

If you're going to carry the authority of an LEO then you have to meet a higher standard.
If you can't meet it, THEN GO DO SOMETHING ELSE.

There are two perfectly good candidates waiting in line for those jobs who wouldn't make the same "mistake".

To help you out, Merriam-Webster defines a mistake (among other definitions) as to make a blunder in the choice of. I would assume they made a blunder when they chose to drink and then get behind the wheel.

What you ignored in all the Merriam-Webster definitions and usages was the notion that a mistake generally requires faulty or incomplete knowledge. But I'm pretty sure these officers fully knew better, as such this incident wouldn't fit any of the usages for mistake.

The usage from the definition you chose illuminates that, <mistook her way in the dark>, these officers knowingly went the wrong way in the dark.

It gets a lot worse than this:

<broken link removed>

$185 fine for paralyzing a young boy. Even if it were an accident, a mere mundane would have gotten a far heavier penalty.

Hey at least two other officers manned up and arrested them.

I have talked to plenty of firefighters that have been stopped while drunk and sent on their way.So taking a fellow cop in can't be an easy deal.

They'll walk anyway.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads