JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, a DUI is a Class A Misdemeanor unless it is a repeat conviction. Obviously, it shows very poor judgement on the officer's part. No arguing that. They certainly need to attend some AA classes or something like that. Perhaps even a suspension (unpaid, never understood paid suspensions) while the case is completed. But there's no reason to call for their heads or jobs...

Why the heck not? Police officers are held to a much higher standard. How can you have an officer on payroll who can't follow the same laws he is supposed to inforce. I am sorry but if you worked for ANY other company that requires the driving of a vehicle, you would be canned for a DUI, no questions asked. No one would want that kind of liability. How do we know they do not drink on the job? Neither of these officers would have gotten pulled over if they were in police cruisers. And if an officer is on duty, it is your word against theirs. Even if it was their fault and they were drunk, he could always just turn it around on you and chances are they would win. It all goes back to them being held at a higher standard when it comes to the law.

Throw the book at them. If I were a UPS driver, I would COUNT on being fired for a DUI. These companies WILL NOT HIRE someone who has had a DUI in the last 5 years. Who doesn't see the liability of handing them not only keys to a 3000+ lb vehicle with high output motors, but a gun, and a badge to hide behind?!?!?!

Eh...maybe the family will step up and give that turd the penalty he deserves. As a father, I would.

I agree. Amazing how a badge can work 'Magic' in the system. In a Gov vehicle, doing roughly twice the speed limit, NOT on his way to an emergency, hit a CHILD walking across the street in front of his own house. Rediculous laws like these to protect the 'Finances' of the gov. All while the poor family picks up the tab. $400,000??? That is the annual salary of some Gov officials. Won't pay for more than a year of intensive care for that poor child. Eye for an eye in this case. This kid is going to live the rest of his life a quadrapalegic. $200 fine makes me sick to my stomach. Crooked cop, crooked judge, probably a crooked prosecutor. They should all lose their jobs, the sorry excuse for a cop deserves a lot more.

Last Edited:
Because they are police officers.

Since when is that an excuse to not follow established due process though?

Since always? Every major social institution gets away with things. Look at the Catholic church. Look at major corporations and pollution. Look at government officials. Look at wealthy people such as actors and athletes. You think they all get treated the same as you and me when confronted with the justice system? Not even close.

Since always? Every major social institution gets away with things. Look at the Catholic church. Look at major corporations and pollution. Look at government officials. Look at wealthy people such as actors and athletes. You think they all get treated the same as you and me when confronted with the justice system? Not even close.
You should step away from the TV- IT IS NOT REAL LIFE! Not sure if you knew that or not. As popular as that myth may be, its not always the little man at the disadvantage.

This is some "thin blue line" bullbubblegum.

LMAO.... right. Because, it was easier to arrest these guys (by other cops) then cover the whole thing up rather than get the guy a taxi and send him home. Tell me Detective Holmes, why would they cover up the crime AFTER that had arrested him???? Think Mcfly, think.

Because the officer who arrested them probably isn't corrupt.....and did the right thing and charged them with their crimes. The judge however, is the one responsible for deciding if those charges will stick or not.

If you honestly think that all those people I listed are treated the same as we are in the court of law, then you should read some court cases. TV or no TV, there are countless cases that are ridiculous when it comes to charging them.

Edit: I don't even have a TV in my apartment, if you must know.

Because the officer who arrested them probably isn't corrupt.....and did the right thing and charged them with their crimes. The judge however, is the one responsible for deciding if those charges will stick or not.

If you honestly think that all those people I listed are treated the same as we are in the court of law, then you should read some court cases. TV or no TV, there are countless cases that are ridiculous when it comes to charging them.

Edit: I don't even have a TV in my apartment, if you must know.
So, just that one officer was ok... well, that sure makes your argument work, now doesn't it.... Still doesn't explain why they weren't booked... an officer is responsible for booking... Could it be that, like many times a crime is charged, the offender is allowed to leave after being charged ... wait, that can't be because it puts a hole in your theory of the rampant corruption in the LEO community. Riiiiiiggghhht:s0155:

So, just that one officer was ok... well, that sure makes your argument work, now doesn't it.... Still doesn't explain why they weren't booked... an officer is responsible for booking... Could it be that, like many times a crime is charged, the offender is allowed to leave after being charged ... wait, that can't be because it puts a hole in your theory of the rampant corruption in the LEO community. Riiiiiiggghhht:s0155:

Of course there's rampant corruption in police forces. Many cops have been given a wink and let go after egregious offenses that would have landed a mere mundane in jail.

Cops give each other professional courtesy because they believe they are a special class of society. The proof is everywhere. Dead cop, horrible, dead civilian, who cares. Look at the absurd pageantry at the funeral, like the warrior class of old. And of course, the use of the "public safety" lie to militarize themselves and terrorize the civilian population to enforce unjust laws passed by the fascist federal government.

Even if one cop arrests another for an offense, the scumbag still has the entire power of the state working for him, plus a union answerable to no one.

I only wish TV shows were real, because today's policing reality is even more corrupt than the suppsoed "bad cop" shows.

Of course there's rampant corruption in police forces. Many cops have been given a wink and let go after egregious offenses that would have landed a mere mundane in jail.

Cops give each other professional courtesy because they believe they are a special class of society. The proof is everywhere. Dead cop, horrible, dead civilian, who cares. Look at the absurd pageantry at the funeral, like the warrior class of old. And of course, the use of the "public safety" lie to militarize themselves and terrorize the civilian population to enforce unjust laws passed by the fascist federal government.

Even if one cop arrests another for an offense, the scumbag still has the entire power of the state working for him, plus a union answerable to no one.

I only wish TV shows were real, because today's policing reality is even more corrupt than the suppsoed "bad cop" shows.

There's so much bullbubblegum in that post that I don't even know where to start. Why should a fallen officer, who puts his life on the line to protect the citizenry every day, not be given a proper funeral? Should we not mourn them?

The rest of your post just suggests that all you know about policing is what you read on the internet. I'm done with these threads. The fact of the matter is that no one who has not done the job know enough about it to make the broad, sweeping generalizations that are so prevalent on internet forums. Do we have the right and the responsibility to complain when power is abused? Absolutely. But just because it happens, or more specifically, just because you read allegations on an internet forum or liberal news outlet, does not mean its the norm. And alleging that there's "rampant corruption" is just ignorant.

This is not a personal attack on you, dmancornell, but your position is very flawed and without merit...

There's so much bullbubblegum in that post that I don't even know where to start. Why should a fallen officer, who puts his life on the line to protect the citizenry every day, not be given a proper funeral? Should we not mourn them?

The rest of your post just suggests that all you know about policing is what you read on the internet. I'm done with these threads. The fact of the matter is that no one who has not done the job know enough about it to make the broad, sweeping generalizations that are so prevalent on internet forums. Do we have the right and the responsibility to complain when power is abused? Absolutely. But just because it happens, or more specifically, just because you read allegations on an internet forum or liberal news outlet, does not mean its the norm. And alleging that there's "rampant corruption" is just ignorant.

This is not a personal attack on you, dmancornell, but your position is very flawed and without merit...

I brought up the funeral pageantry as a point about the police thinking they are a special class in society apart from the rest of us mundanes. That mindset is such an obvious fact no sensible person can deny it.

The police don't even view "professional courtesy" as corruption. They see it as protecting their own and simply part of the job. But of course it is corruption.

Don't bother telling me I should walk the beat to see reality because protectionism exists in all organizations. The difference between cops and other people is cops have the monopoly of force, as agents of the state. Therefore the effects of their abuses are far graver than the petty favoritism in the corporate office.

And don't kid yourself, the mainstream media loves cops. There is no liberal/conservative media, there's only the statist media and they trumpet everything the government tells them to. You sneer at the few independent (usually libertarian) internet outlets who report police abuse, well guess what? That's because the internet is the only place to publish that information, because no statist mouthpiece will. Is it a surprise that police abuse abated somewhat in the internet era? Because the internet eased dissemination of "unpopular" views.

I feel I need my tin-foil hat to read all the conspiracies on here some days...

I think I've had enough. You may all respond to my posts if you like, I may even read your responses (I doubt it, but who knows). But I'm done arguing with the conspiracy theories. Of course there are bad police officers. No arguing. But if one more person tells me the majority of officers are bad and corrupt, I'll need an airsick bag...

I brought up the funeral pageantry as a point about the police thinking they are a special class in society apart from the rest of us mundanes. That mindset is such an obvious fact no sensible person can deny it.

The police don't even view "professional courtesy" as corruption. They see it as protecting their own and simply part of the job. But of course it is corruption.

Don't bother telling me I should walk the beat to see reality because protectionism exists in all organizations. The difference between cops and other people is cops have the monopoly of force, as agents of the state. Therefore the effects of their abuses are far graver than the petty favoritism in the corporate office.

And don't kid yourself, the mainstream media loves cops. There is no liberal/conservative media, there's only the statist media and they trumpet everything the government tells them to. You sneer at the few independent (usually libertarian) internet outlets who report police abuse, well guess what? That's because the internet is the only place to publish that information, because no statist mouthpiece will. Is it a surprise that police abuse abated somewhat in the internet era? Because the internet eased dissemination of "unpopular" views.

How do you get internet access from your cave?:s0112:

I trust no one in power. History has proven time and time again that power leads to corruption.

Always? That always happens? How do you justify your your power over your kids? Or do you allow them to do anything they want and not listen to rules- since you are a corrupt father (under your theory).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top