JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once more slowly John...If I was arrested I was released without being charged....No charges...Taken to the station and released after the Breathalyzer returned a negative reading...The officer explained the procedure ..Break an ampule of some clear liquid..place an unbroken ampule in the machine..Let it warm up and blow..

They even had me do it again...Just to be sure....No charges John..none...Free to trudge back to my car in the snow....

Not booked...not charged....never heard from them again....Got it John.....

I hope that you can understand that, I tried to be clear...

W44

I see what you are saying... If that is the story, so be it... You still seem very centered on your own problems as opposed to the topic of discussion. Now, these two will probably be given the same legal allowances as every other citizen of the state.

I see what you are saying... If that is the story, so be it... You still seem very centered on your own problems as opposed to the topic of discussion. Now, these two will probably be given the same legal allowances as every other citizen of the state.
Because you seemed to suffer under the delusion that I was the one arrested..And you keep alluding to some mistake of mine.

The cops were arrested for DUII.
They were charged and apparently not booked.
I am sure that they will given every allowance possible.

I am not angry...
I expect them to be treated fairly.

If they are found guilty I would expect that they should resign or be fired because they cannot abide by the law that they swore to uphold...No manner of twisting of my words will change that.

W44

LOL, its not about twisting words. Its about a discussion. I don't doubt they were given every allowance possible- within the law. I'm glad you are not angry, that's a good sign.

Is that normal John? To be arrested and charged with DUII and released...I have no experience with the matter..I though DUII carried a night in jail on arrest?

I see what you are trying to say- you are trying to tell me you have never been arrested for DUII. Ok. I don't think DUII carries a mandated "night in jail" Sentence. As far as I know, sentences and mandated jail time can only come from a judge. Unless you know something about this that I do not.

Once more slowly John...If I was arrested I was released without being charged....No charges...Taken to the station and released after the Breathalyzer returned a negative reading...The officer explained the procedure ..Break an ampule of some clear liquid..place an unbroken ampule in the machine..Let it warm up and blow..

They even had me do it again...Just to be sure....No charges John..none...Free to trudge back to my car in the snow....

Not booked...not charged....never heard from them again....Got it John.....

I hope that you can understand that, I tried to be clear...

W44

You know this is infringing on your 5th amendment rights?

Lawyers have always told me DO NOT take a Breathalyzer test or any other sobriety tests.
Shut up and smile.
They can in fact get your DL back for you.

You know this is infringing on your 5th amendment rights?

Lawyers have always told me DO NOT take a Breathalyzer test or any other sobriety tests.
Shut up and smile.
They can in fact get your DL back for you.

How can this infringe on your 5th amendment rights? You are not required to do it are you? :huh:

I see what you are trying to say- you are trying to tell me you have never been arrested for DUII. Ok. I don't think DUII carries a mandated "night in jail" Sentence. As far as I know, sentences and mandated jail time can only come from a judge. Unless you know something about this that I do not.
Thread drift from bubblegum( no swearing in the house)...I do know, AND NOT FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, that Domestic violence earns someone (Either of the parties) a night in jail. At least in WA....

I am glad that you see what I was "trying" to tell you.

Edit to add; From:http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/dui.html

What can I expect if I am stopped for DUI?

If you are stopped for suspected DUI, the law enforcement officer may:

* ask if you have consumed any alcohol or drug-related substances.
* ask you to take a field sobriety test.
* ask you to submit to a breath test. If your blood alcohol content is .08 or higher, you may be cited and taken to jail. You also may request to have a blood test.

Bold by Wheeler44

Well, which ones are "small?" I'd say 60 in a 55 is a violation and even could lead to someone's death. Breaking the law is breaking the law, isn't it?

If human error is the measuring stick, manslaughter and reckless homicide should be a ticket, right?

LOL. So you are the guy who likes to just argue huh? lol. Fine, argue away. Show me how many accidents have happened because someone was driving 60 in a 55, as opposed to how many drunk driving accidents happen each year. If you can show me how a minor infraction like that compares realistically to the dangers of drunk driving, I will stand corrected.

LOL. So you are the guy who likes to just argue huh? lol. Fine, argue away. Show me how many accidents have happened because someone was driving 60 in a 55, as opposed to how many drunk driving accidents happen each year. If you can show me how a minor infraction like that compares realistically to the dangers of drunk driving, I will stand corrected.

Ok, here is an easy one. Driver kills mother and child while texting on phone. Texting while driving is a violation. Due to being inattentive the driver killed the mother and daughter. There you go, a "minor" violation compares to DUII

I'm usually the first to defend our boys in Blue, but like some others said. Drinking and driving isn't a mistake. It's an F up. You shouldn't have a badge.
And the guy getting in an accident? WTF.
And if your already hired then your protected by the union.
I don't know about the others getting fired/suspended for that shooting. I probably would have shot him in that situation too.
I wasn't there so I can't say they were wrong. Too many possibilites.

Just out of curiosity, mainly addressing some of you who seem to be calling for their jobs, are police officers still US citizens? Are they still entitled to the same due process that the rest of us are? I understand that DUI is a fairly cut and dry thing, but shouldn't we wait until they are CONVICTED by a jury of their peers before calling for their heads? Or was it their badges? Sometimes those get confused on forums.

If they're convicted, chances are good that they're done. I've talked to a few of my LEO friends about this and what the reactions would be in their departments. They said either a suspension or a desk pending outcome of a trial. Conviction would more than likely mean termination. They also said they'd be pissed if the officer wasn't let go and it was covered up. Good officers who dislike bad actions by other officers. Go figure...

So what is wrong with us having the same reaction that those officers had? Are the only people who are allowed to say anything about police officers actions other police officers?

I really do wish you would read the entire post, not just portions.

They also said they'd be pissed if the officer wasn't let go and it was covered up.

Notice the IF they were convicted and IF they weren't let go. My point, to help you along here, was that those of you calling for their head are jumping the gun. If they are convicted, and if they aren't let go, then I'll be right there with you, very disappointed in an obviously broken system. But until then, how about we slow down and wait for things to shake out. Assuming things are going to happen a certain way is of no use...

I agree completely with Mountain Bear as to innocent until proven guilty.
On the other hand I don't think that those calling for the Cop's heads are doing so even if the charges are dropped or decided not guilty.
Since we aren't here as the jury or the cop's superiors deciding their fates it would seem that some leeway is in order as to the presumption of guilt for the sake of argument/discussion.
One certainly can't argue that a significant discussion/argument hasn't broken out.;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top