JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get Home Bag

Plus

A5 Razor Scooter - Supports up to 220 lbs - Folds up and fits in my car trunk
A5_.jpg

I can travel about 3x faster on my scooter compared to walking.

Also consider that you still may be able to cross the I5 or 205 bridge by foot, unless it's totally down (lying in the river). In any emergency the best think to do is to have a plan and react fast. Don't hang out at work for 3 hours discussing the disaster with your co-workers. By then the city/county WILL have shut the bridge down.

Conversely, as soon as something happens, hop in your car and drive as far as you can. Once the road is impassable, gear up and go-to-ground. If you can get on the bridge BEFORE the government reacts, then you may be able to get across.

Is there risk in doing so? Yes! You will have to make a judgement call as to if the bridge is safe to cross. Also, what happens if an aftershock hits while you're crossing? But even if there is no bridges that you need to cross, getting home will still be a risk. That's why I'm a proponent of acting ASAP while everyone else is still walking around in shock, wondering what's happening.

In 4 hours I could be home using my scooter for transportation (18 miles). Worst case I can find some "off the beaten path" to set up my tent and shelter for the night. Then I can stick to the side roads and get home the next day.

One of the local Portland MVPA boys has a fully restored DWYK (Duck), he'll make a fortune.
6 of those blue 50 gallon drums, some 2X6s and a lot of rope will get you across as well. A chain saw and 2 large trees will do the same. An outboard would help but paddles would work, as would a canoe.

I used to live in the Southern Hemi. You'd be surprised what you can do to get a light truck across deep water, when you ignore all the inculcated "PC environmental BS"!

I also have a river between town and home. I recently bought a little two man raft that will fit one man, from goodwill. Barely enough boat to cross a river but it holds air overnight. Good enough for me. I can fill it up by pumping exhaust from the car into it or by knifing a hole in the sidewalls of my tires and holding the fill hole up to the tire.
Cheap, small, disposable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top