JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Arms too short? Grow longer legs! ;)
Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 2.01.50 PM.png

Carrots.

The old adage that carrots are good for eyes is actually true. Anecdotes abound of pilots devouring carrots before an eye test in order to pass the exam, and also during flights to improve night vision.

yup. Ive recently learned the common nutrients in those certain vegetables that help the eyes with age is lutein and zeaxanthin can be had in supplements for my junk food diet. :p
[h3][/h3]

I just could NOT get on with them contact lenses. The thin elastic they used to hold them on cut right into the back of my eyeball.
Did you have them inside out? It is a very subtle difference, but when I get them inside out it is a nightmare.

Went to the range yesterday to break in a new 1911. My arms are too short, I can't see the sites any more, my eyes are going. I use readers to read.

Anyone have a solution/suggestion?
You need to go to a medieval festival and volunteer to get your arms stretched on the torture device. You may be taller after too. If you survive return and I will give you your next challenge for redemption. It a step by step process... 🙄

I have worn bifocals for couple decades now. At first I had the old kind with the line since I did not care if they made me look "old". Tried some progressives (no line) one time only because it was the only way they by then were offering to give the thinner lens. For me it made a HUGE difference. Not just shooting but living. Soon if I put on an old pair with the line I did not like them at all. So started to replace all mine. Lately I have seen an ad for drops you put in daily to help with the need for readers for those who just need readers. Sounded interesting. Anyone know anyone who actually tried them?

I'm amused by the gal in your avatar… holding the Tommygun thusly. LOL!
Methinks that is a screenshot from the 1973 movie Dillinger, with Michelle Phillips (of The Mamas and the Papas folk group fame) playing the part of Dillinger's common-law wife, Evelyn "Billie" Frechette. But I could be wrong...

Another pic from the Wikipedia article for the movie. Note similarities of articles of clothing, Warren Oates' mustache, etc. to @308's avatar...

Michelle_Phillips_and_Warren_Oates_Dillinger_1975.jpg

Another pic of Oates and Phillips from 1973:

Warren_Oates_and_Michelle_Phillips_(1973).jpg

Last Edited:
Went to the range yesterday to break in a new 1911. My arms are too short, I can't see the sites any more, my eyes are going. I use readers to read.

Anyone have a solution/suggestion?
Buy yourself a set of these babies
1653794582183.png
That will hold the pistol out where you can see the sights.
You can use the top of your walker to help keep 'em from shaking
Never give up, dammit!
I feels your pain

Methinks that is a screenshot from the 1973 movie Dillinger, with Michelle Phillips (of The Mamas and the Papas folk group fame) playing the part of Dillinger's common-law wife, Evelyn "Billie" Frechette. But I could be wrong...

Another pic from the Wikipedia article for the movie. Note similarities of articles of clothing, Warren Oates' mustache, etc. to @308's avatar...

View attachment 1209462

Another pic of Oates and Phillips from 1973:

View attachment 1209463
Silly sobo… that photo don't have the "grip zone" on the barrel goin' on, c'mon man!

Have a thorough eye exam. You may have cataracts, astigmatism and who knows? Best to jump on it now.

I had "world class" cataracts removed from both eyes, and new Abbott Laboratories Inter-ocular lenses installed. I officially have better vision now than I was born with. The astigmatism is gone. I chose the focal range of my new eyes with doctor, telling him that I was a shooter and was right-eye dominant. I now have focus from just about 14 inches to infinity. Readers for fine print. Very happy.

Just use larger targets, so go from a man size to and elephant size and all will be good to go. LOL

I am in the same boat, this getting old stuff sucks sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top