JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I move the target closer. Sorry, that's all I've got. I'm right where you are though. Other than short arms. Though they are scrawny compared to what they were 10 years ago.

I shoot with poly carbonate prescription glasses.

1653758885360.png

Aloha, Mark

I was at 7 yards. If I put on my cheaters, I can see the sights but not the target. If I don't, I can see the target, Ian's kinda see the sites.
Can you get a prescription to solve the problem? My distance vision is 20/15 from Lasek, and they warned me it would hasten the short-vision deterioration, so here we are.

Went to the range yesterday to break in a new 1911. My arms are too short, I can't see the sites any more, my eyes are going. I use readers to read.

Anyone have a solution/suggestion?
put an optic on your 1911.

1653759661070.png

Don't let it get to you. So long as you're vertical you're doing fine. Just keep plugging away as best you can. Age is a mental construct as much as a physical reality. One of the youngest hearts I ever knew was my Grandmother.

Not yet. but Koda's post means I'm going to the gun store. 😉
Im in Oregon but the Sportsmans Warehouse near me has a display of blue guns with red dots on pistols to try out.
Im a huge 1911 fan and might consider getting one of mine milled in the future if my eyes go bad. Im already losing my eyes as I age, lucky its not my dominant eye I aim with but Ive noticed I can focus on the target clearly but the front sight is slightly blurred. I need to focus on the front sight and can still get a perfect center mass or cover up sight picture and my accuracy hasnt deteriorated but Im looking into investing on a pistol red dot for the inevitable future.

I vote to get a red dot optic and otherwise do not worry about it. You do have something to worry about when you go to the range to test a new 1911 and discover too late that you left all the magazines at home. Don't ask me how I know.

Not yet. but Koda's post means I'm going to the gun store. 😉
My point I'm going to make is...when using a red dot optic.. what is one focusing on...the dot or the target?
The target...we superimpose the dot into the focal plane of the eye. Use the front sight the same way. Focus on the target, then bring the front sight into your eye sight, but still keep focusing on the target.

Make sure the front sight is a bright color that catches your eye, but do not focus on it.

To go through the whole transition into using the sights this way...contact me and we'll go over it.

Bifocal shooting glasse, they have the magnified section on the top of the lense.
I use them for pistols, I have a p320 with a romeo 1 and that makes it so I can use
non magnified glasses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads