Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I'm not one to blab, but...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by markw76, Sep 9, 2009.

1. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

Fisherman's in Oregon City was unpacking a whole lot of ammunition, and was well on the way to filling up a shelf with Federal Champion 525 pack .22s. $19.99/pack. This was about 1PM this afternoon.

Just in case someone was interested. They seemed better stocked than most in the Portland area for almost everything, including ammo.

2. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

You think it will last until Saturday? I'm coming up that way to see my kid and friends.

3. xstayfrostyx

xstayfrostyx PDX Member

My buddy has had pretty good luck in recent weeks finding ammo at this particular location... I would assume they'll still have something on the shelf on Saturday :thumbup:

4. markw76

I gave up in town and went by there on the spur of the moment since I was on the freeway. Sorry I didn't take a better look, but the 525 pack was all I was after. I would definitely go by there.

5. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

5:20pm and still a good number in stock

6. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Nice, maybe I will get my son to go over and pick me up a box. Thanks for the input everyone.

7. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hey Timbernet, cruise on over to BiMart in Sandy....they got them for $16 and change there in quantity as of 1800 today. The last couple of days they have gotten in pretty much everything in handgun except .380.

8. timbernet

Heh, funny you should mention that! I was over there this evening, around 6:45, before I saw your post. Didn't grab any .22 but got two boxes of 9mm.

I like how the shelves are staying stocked longer! Now if only the price of .45 dropped a little...

9. markw76

Anyone figure out why .380 is so scarce? They just not making as much? I can't believe it's because 2 nice new pistols hit the market. :huh:

10. rl280

rl280 OREGON Member

does this mean we will start seeing primers soon?

11. markw76

Well, I ate shipping and hazmat for some SR primers recently so they'll probably pop up locally again.

12. timbernet

It comes and goes... there were about two weeks that Bi-Mart was stocked full of Remington UMC .380.... I think the ammo mfgs. are working hard on the military calibers first and then working on the "other" calibers.

13. markw76

And me in my wisdom 30 years ago decided it'd be a good idea to keep military calibers as primaries. It's a damn good thing I'm not starting out. The market's as tight as a Scot's fist.

14. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Bi-Mart in Medford has small rifle magnum and small pistol magnum primers as of 09-09-09. I don't know about their other stores.

15. bwells

bwells Longview Member

I've seen a lot of Magtech 45 ammo in the last week. 230 gr. fmj for about $24 a box at three different stores here in Longview. Hopefully more stuff starts showing up.

16. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

FWIW, I walked into the WallyWorld in South Salem this afternoon and walked out with a box of Winchester WB .380 ACP -- the 100-round special for just under $34 -- a heckuva surprise. It's up a couple of bucks since the last time I saw any, but I haven't seen a box of this stuff since last December. The clerk said they got two cases of it in a couple of days ago; I got the last box.

Timing is everything, of course -- should have been there yesterday. :)

17. markw76

WalMart needs to enforce some sort of limit until things loosen up. They're so cheap a lot of resellers must be going there instead of their usual wholesalers. Bimart has a 4 box limit around here, with a 2 box limit on big bulk packs. But they aren't getting huge shipments in my area. Fisherman's had no posted limits and were unloading a pallet load of ammo last week, but it was $20/525rd pack of Federal Champions.

18. smithmax

smithmax here Member

I'm pretty sure the walmarts in my area had limits a while ago, not sure if they still do.

19. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Walmart had a 2 box limit a couple weeks ago.

20. Huntbear

Huntbear Ellensburg, Wa. Member

Hit the Bi Marts for primers. The last 2 I was in, had a few of everything.

Bob's in Longview also has a large selection of ammo, primers, and powder.