JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, people. The progressive/fascists have so many reasons to disarm the people., when one is shot down, they ignore the effect and move to the next lame excuse. "They" are not stupid. Is it not obvious this is about power, the kind of power only obtained via an oligarchic dictatorship? To achieve that. the deplorable types must be disarmed.

Well, people. The progressive/fascists have so many reasons to disarm the people., when one is shot down, they ignore the effect and move to the next lame excuse. "They" are not stupid. Is it not obvious this is about power, the kind of power only obtained via an oligarchic dictatorship? To achieve that. the deplorable types must be disarmed.
The desire to create a dictatorship of the proletariat is as old as mankind.

I recall when the world went nuts over the medical community asking if there were guns in the home. Fast forward to 2018. My primary care physician retired. Had to choose another Doctor. New Doctor. Initial inspection, Strip off the Tee Shirt. He asks "what's that?" I answer "a beer repository". Before we go any further, I need to know if you go all Spastic around guns, because I carry. He laughed and said "I'm from Kentucky, everybody carries". Refreshing.

Well, not to change the subject but......

I went into a Homeowner's Insurance review the other week. My insurance guy asked me about my "safe storage methods" of my firearms. Funny that the insurance coverage is only $2000 for firearms on the standard policy. But, he felt that it was important enough to ask?o_O Yup.....I can guess where this will be going soon. Rrrrright. Like it hasn't already been tried before.

Afterall.....to the LEFT. ALL GUNS are potential MURDER WEAPONS and have NO PLACE in SOCIETY. Except for.....Of course, the Govt, Police, Military and certain "trusted/approved individuals" having them. Like like how it was in NAZI Germany.

Aloha, Mark

I only know and associate with 1 doctor on a social basis as our wives are friends, an orthopedic surgeon. The couple is very right leaning and he has a safe full of guns including some expensive and exotic stuff that many of us could only dream of. I've heard him make a couple Fuddish comments over the years so even though he owns a lot of guns and seems to be somewhat knowledgeable about them, he's still not someone I'd 100% consider an ally. Interestingly enough, he has approached me about sending his safe to me in Idaho if (when) things get worse in Oregon.

My graduating high school class of 103 has 6 or 7 doctors and probably the same amount of nurses. I certainly wouldn't discuss firearms with any of them. They were all self-important know it all D-bags back then and they're just plain insufferable now.

I think a guy like @bolus is a rarity in the medical community. We're lucky to have his perspective and insight into the state of the profession.

When did everything get so damned politicized? Remember when actors just entertained us, clothing companies just made clothes, restaurants just served food, and doctors just treated patients? Enough with the over-reaching feel-good micromanagement, already!

I only know and associate with 1 doctor on a social basis as our wives are friends, an orthopedic surgeon. The couple is very right leaning and he has a safe full of guns including some expensive and exotic stuff that many of us could only dream of. I've heard him make a couple Fuddish comments over the years so even though he owns a lot of guns and seems to be somewhat knowledgeable about them, he's still not someone I'd 100% consider an ally. Interestingly enough, he has approached me about sending his safe to me in Idaho if (when) things get worse in Oregon.

My graduating high school class of 103 has 6 or 7 doctors and probably the same amount of nurses. I certainly wouldn't discuss firearms with any of them. They were all self-important know it all D-bags back then and they're just plain insufferable now.

I think a guy like @bolus is a rarity in the medical community. We're lucky to have his perspective and insight into the state of the profession.

When did everything get so damned politicized? Remember when actors just entertained us, clothing companies just made clothes, restaurants just served food, and doctors just treated patients? Enough with the over-reaching feel-good micromanagement, already!
Was a RN for 40 years and a corpsman prior. There are many pro-2A medical types, perhaps as much as 30%. It is a career risk to be open about it at work. I took that risk many times, particularly when I didn't care much about a particular job. The last time I lost a job that way, I asked why. The dude looked uncomfortable for a minute then said, "You have to go along, to get along". I then suggested that concept can only be resolved in court, and asked him how many of those who go along would be willing to lie under oath in an interrogatory. Then I asked him who would be thrown under the bus. They settled about a month later.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top