JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just started casting. Lee mold started casting out of round bullets. Attempted to call multiple times only to be immediately disconnected. I've been emailing back and forth about how to fix it, when they finally said "send it in." After I asked for them to pay shipping they said they would not. After finding out $12 was the cheapest I could ship this $20 mold for, I got angry.

Finally got someone at Lee on the phone after being instantly disconnected all morning. They argued with me about paying shipping because I thought it was ridiculous to spend $12 to ship a $20 part. They transferred me to a technician who said I need to tap the alignment pins deeper into the mold, but they would still not pay shipping if that didn't fix it. Tapping the pins back together worked until I started casting. Once the mold got up to temp and I started turning out good bullets the pins moved back to where they were originally and I started throwing out of round bullets again. All of this happens, of course, after I spend the money to get a 6-cavity Lee mold to speed production.

I'm never purchasing a Lee product again, and I'm going to advise my friends not to either. It's cheap janky junk that is a gamble on if your product will work or not. If it doesn't, you can enjoy spending more money to send it back to the factory only to gamble again on the next one working.

There are very few companies that will pay shipping on a warranty return. Auto parts are a good example. Lee has a policy that they are not going to make exceptions for. I recently had a broken sprue cam (Which I broke) replaced under warranty. I called and asked if I could return their powder measure bar which doesn't work for defecation for my 38 special pistol loads. I asked if I could exchange the powder bar for a set of 6 cavity mold handles. I also ordered a new mold. I received the cam, mold handles and mold about a week later. The mold handles were about $3 more than the powder bar. I wasn't charged for the difference. I have never had a problem getting through to their customer service.

That's how most companies do business.
They will warranty it but you have to get it to them.
For example, your car...in order to receive warranty work you have to get the vehicle to a dealership and your time, cost of fuel, inconvenience is not factored into it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top