JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm highly recommend to this site from a friend this is my first time using this site.
I am looking for lasers,scopes,red dot,flashlight,slings what ever i could put on my ar 15 or jakl

I'm highly recommend to this site from a friend this is my first time using this site.
I am looking for lasers,scopes,red dot,flashlight,slings what ever i could put on my ar 15 or jakl

C8DEA89A-7D27-4C29-BBB4-20412F8F2DA6.jpeg
5E6366D0-63F8-4AF3-993C-7DAFF3E99B46.jpeg

Last Edited:
I see you joined just last Friday, welcome.
NWFA has a fantastic classified section where optics and accessories are listed.

I'd suggest a Primary arms 2.5x optic, those come up and are fairly common in the classifieds. Decent optic for the AR.

Keep it simple, Eotech. the old style. 2 AA Bats cheap, if you get the better one with
night vision you can mount a PVS 14 for night work. In night mode has a white dot just for PVS so you can use as a scope. IMG_0015.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest taking a look at the Primary Arms 3x microprism. It's inexpensive, high quality, durable, light, and has a reticle that will let you compensate for bullet drop over distance. 3x is low enough for defense, but enough power for about as far as 5.56 is effective.

A great thing about prismatic scopes is that if the battery dies you still have the etched reticle. Also, if you have astigmatism (or have family members that do) you will still get a clear sharp image as opposed to red dots and holographics.

Don't forget back up iron sights (BUIS). The Magpuls are inexpensive, durable, and work well. If your scope gets damaged, then you are still in business.

I use the inexpensive AR Stoner slings sold by Midway. They work well and get the job done.

Next on your list are magazines. If there are no capacity restrictions in your state, get the 30 round ones. You need a minimum of ten per rifle (IMO) and more since they may become impossible to replace down the road. Get a few 10 rounders to keep it "legal" when out and about.

Spend the rest of your budget on ammo and training.

Resist the urge to put cool looking crap on your rifles that will make them heavier, clumsier, and reduce their utility. Less is more.

You don't need lasers, foregrips, offset irons, offset red dots, mlok grip panels, bipods, magwell grips, etc. You need to become proficient with a basic set of durable irons on a stock rifle then consider a prism with red dot or LPVO later down the road. Loading up a rifle immediately does no good.

The optic(s) you put on the rifle will depend on what the firearm's primary purpose is. Home defense? Eotech. Bustin' 'yotes? A precision hunting scope. Punchin' paper at distance? A target scope.
Keep in mind that each of these has to be mated to a proper upper for the job. The question isn't quite as easy as 'what optic?'.

Get the crème de la crème.

I remember looking through barska binocs at big5 one time. It was comically bad. Looked like a foggy night inside a brightly lit store. Worst I've ever seen by a long, long, way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top