JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll be arriving in San Diego's Charles Lindbergh Field (SAN) at 11:18 on the morning of March 16th. I'll take a bus to the trolley, then the trolley to the International Boundary at San Ysidro, CA/Garita Tijuana, MX.
I'm going to spend seven nights at the Aqua Rio Hotel at Avenida Constitucion, 1618 Zona Centro, Tijuana, 22000, Mexico. ($328.83 USD tax included). Enjoying the beach, inexpensive cuisine, time in Puerto Nuevo (Newport) Mexico, and possibly Playa Rosarito (Rosarito Beach). Throwing firecrackers in the surf and generally "kicking up my heels" and living like a 66-year-old kid.
About $520.00 + food and other transportation should bring my vacation to about $1100.00 - $1200.00 all told. :cool:

Unless you have a timeshare, have a summer house, or go camping, you can't do this in the US. :D

Cheers! :cool: :p

More power to you if you find TJ enjoyable. That place is a shhh...err...crap hole. I'd much rather spend the time on the beach down in Rosarito and south. Or really go south and get the hell away from the border...like Mulege.

Good luck...and may the odds be ever in your favor.

More power to you if you find TJ enjoyable. That place is a shhh...err...crap hole. I'd much rather spend the time on the beach down in Rosarito and south. Or really go south and get the hell away from the border...like Mulege.

Good luck...and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I have a friend that owns a business on Revolution Avenue. I'm vaccinated against the COVID-19 and I know the places to avoid in Tijuana. (I stay away from the Zona Norte and the disease-ridden hookers that populate the Zona).

Good clean fun, no alcohol, cheap (and delicious) food, fireworks on the beach, and long walks. Museums (in Tijuana there are more than two). I want to see the rock and roll museum near Revolution Avenue.

There are plenty of good things to do in Rosarito. (A full-sized lobster dinner comes to mind). There are many things to do without delving into the seedy side of the city, and I can usually find them. :D

Warm up them bones from this dreary winter!
You have THAT right! This old codger is tired of the "cold and damp"! What I'll enjoy is the cuisine. The Chinese food in Northern Baja California is second to none! The prices are low, and since the Chinese practically settled The Tijuana area the best food is on every corner imaginable.

You have THAT right! This old codger is tired of the "cold and damp"! What I'll enjoy is the cuisine. The Chinese food in Northern Baja California is second to none! The prices are low, and since the Chinese practically settled The Tijuana area the best food is on every corner imaginable.

Funny you mention Chinese food. All the Mexicans I know LOVE Chinese food. A couple of my coworkers hit up the Chinese Buffett a couple times a week.

I have a friend that owns a business on Revolution Avenue. I'm vaccinated against the COVID-19 and I know the places to avoid in Tijuana. (I stay away from the Zona Norte and the disease-ridden hookers that populate the Zona).

Good clean fun, no alcohol, cheap (and delicious) food, fireworks on the beach, and long walks. Museums (in Tijuana there are more than two). I want to see the rock and roll museum near Revolution Avenue.

There are plenty of good things to do in Rosarito. (A full-sized lobster dinner comes to mind). There are many things to do without delving into the seedy side of the city, and I can usually find them. :D

OK, so you already know no street tacos. Either kind. :cool:

There is a reasonably safe way to have fun in TJ and you clearly know how to do it. I'll bet you keep your wallet in your front pocket too, right?

OK, so you already know no street tacos. Either kind. :cool:

There is a reasonably safe way to have fun in TJ and you clearly know how to do it. I'll bet you keep your wallet in your front pocket too, right?

I keep my "pocket secretary" in my left-front sport jacket breast pocket, keeping clear of people that could possibly bump into me and filch my wallet. Good enough?

I know where to eat to avoid food poisoning. I want to enjoy both the food and my stay.

Go to Booking.com and look up the Aqua Rio Hotel. You'll be surprised at how nice it really is. I get a "continental breakfast" every morning between 7:00 and 10:00 am. Coffee makers and bottled water in the rooms, and air conditioning as well as Satellite, flat-screened TV. Marble-tiled showers and sanitized rooms... *sigh*. What more could one ask?

I keep my "pocket secretary" in my left-front sport jacket breast pocket, keeping clear of people that could possibly bump into me and filch my wallet. Good enough?

I know where to eat to avoid food poisoning. I want to enjoy both the food and my stay.

Go to Booking.com and look up the Aqua Rio Hotel. You'll be surprised at how nice it really is. I get a "continental breakfast" every morning between 7:00 and 10:00 am. Coffee makers and bottled water in the rooms, and air conditioning as well as Satellite, flat-screened TV. Marble-tiled showers and sanitized rooms... *sigh*. What more could one ask?
I've been to Rosarito for lobster before. Excellent food, good service and even potable water. Been shopping in TJ too but by the mid 90's it was not as good as it had been. A buddy of mine hit a horse on the way back once. He was too cheap to take the toll road. Rounded a corner on the free road and there were two horses right in front of him. He missed one of them, the other one took out his A pillar. A local came by and told him to leave immediately and drive straight to the border without stopping. Said if the horse's owner caught up with him he'd likely kill him. When he go to the border he told customs he hit a horse. There was still plenty of evidence of that on the car, so they believed him and immediately waved him through.

But enough about me. Have fun! :)

The last time I was on Revolution, I was headed north (on the east side of the street) when a Tijuana Police "paddy wagon" rolled up and hustled two salty-looking characters into it. (This was in 2018). I simply turned and walked away, minding my own business. (This was no time to be a looky-loo "rubbernecker").

It was time to slap it in "B" for "boogie" and toddle on up the street!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top