JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My girlfriend has a picky eater little dog. While shopping I came across some new Racheal Ray Nutrish grain free dog food in those sealed plastic containers.
The dog goes frickin crazy for them and I see why. I'm sure the meat is not best quality, but I'd totally eat this. (the chicken and beef ones at least)
Not saying dogfood is a plan, but I think I'll stock up on these and in my mind, feel I have another option for potted meats.

View attachment 496142

Costco Kirkland brand dog food is good quality for a decent price . That photo looks better than what they feed the kids in schools.

There is a non silly and non barbaric alternative.
My plan is to pop just you over the head with a ball peen hammer and grill up your carcass. Do please keep fit firm and healthy.
Also, eat lots of spicy foods... me and the pooch don't like tasteless people.
So you'd rather resort to cannibalism than eat your dog? Very telling...

Get a sense of humor.
I don't like people enough to eat them.
The dog is a asset and serves a needed purpose .If it comes to that try leftist vegans ,you will be killing 2 birds with 1 stone . They dont have much meat on their bones so their not very filling similar to Chinese food.

Dry dog food can be an excellent prepping food. Please pick one or as many as you wish.

A) You can eat it yourself.

B) You can feed it to your dog and thus not have to share your food in a crisis.

C) During a SHTF true emergency, a small amount can be used to bait the mice and rats and then at least the dogs and cats eat well.

D) Or alternatively during a SHTF true emergency, a small amount can be used to bait the neighbors dog and cat over and then everyone in the house eats well!

Made the mistake of re-reading this thread. My dog was reading over my shoulder and is now pestering me endlessly about getting in on this dog food class action suit against Rachel Ray. Sh**, if she learns how much "glyphosphate" (shhhh, don't tell her that's round up) I have sprayed around here, she'll have me locked up. Then sued.

#firstworlddogproblems

Rachael Ray Nutrish Pet Food Class Action Lawsuit

Last Edited:
Not if was put in the thread before but some portion of dog food is eaten by humans too. I'm not how many humans eat dog food either. Heck when I was a young kid our dogs ate Gravy Train Dog Food. Just add water to make the gravy. But they mostly ate Gravy Train dry and they have bowl of water to drink.

Not if was put in the thread before but some portion of dog food is eaten by humans too. I'm not how many humans eat dog food either. Heck when I was a young kid our dogs ate Gravy Train Dog Food. Just add water to make the gravy. But they mostly ate Gravy Train dry and they have bowl of water to drink.

Gravy Train is not good quality dog food. Mostly corn and filler.
Gravy Train Dog Food (Dry)

Gotta keep those dogs fat and happy, so that when times are lean, you can eat said fat, happy dogs.

Just my $0.02 o_O

In a SHTF scenario those dogs are going to be worth their weight in gold, either as alerts to intruders or as both alerts and deterrents. I'd do anything I could, short of sacrificing anyone I cared about, to keep my dogs alive and healthy.

I try to keep about 3 months of kibble in galvanized cans. I can go longer if I adjust for minimum caloric intake. I have always fed according to their activity level. I rotate it out a month before the expiration date and donate it to a local shelter...

I ate Alpo once when stuck in the Nevada desert with my dog. We had canned dog food and rice.. and lots of poorly-flavored but sustaining water. The Alpo was remarkably flavorless, with no spices. Louisiana hot sauce adds spice and flavor. Part of my "survival plan" involves keeping a back-up supply of Franks and Luzyanna sauce around (I don't like the flavor of Tabasco).
One concern is the fact that a lot of mystery meat pet food comes from red china these days and ever so often in the news one hears about tainted product :eek: making pets very ill or killing them, usually thru vital organ failure...
For that matter i won't eat those muddy-tasting talapia grown in scheisse-ponds either.. but they seem to sell in the supermarkets around here in Colorado... The point was well-addressed however, that in a pinch we will eat most anything to survive. Large bags of rice and soybeans will last awhile for the Blonde and myself.. don't have a dog now but the cats may be on their own.. or on the menu..o_O

Last Edited:
You would be surprised at what a person can eat and survive on! Having been to a couple WAR Zones where the people have killed and eaten every thing, they got awfully creative with what they ARE to fill the stomach and survived! My Bride reminds me all the time the luxuries of mixing saw dust with flower and making loaves of bread out of it! Acorns mixed with fresh caught earthworms ground to a paste and fried is almost like a fresh egg and offers about the same protein! After a few weeks eating these delicacies, those wonderful totally useless lap dogs start looking mighty tasty!
Putting sawdust in flour was an old Soviet stop-gap to make the bread go further- problem is, the human digestion cannot digest cellulose, the main ingredient in sawdust... same goes for grass and similar leafy vegetation..Sawdust and high cellulose leaves can and will wreak havoc on the digestive system. The damage can be life-long, even after resuming a normal nutritious diet. Acorns were used as food in Old Europa before farming became the major source of foods. There were reasons the Oak Tree was esteemed- acorns can be dried and ground into flour or boiled and made into mush, or simply roasted like chestnuts in a pinch. They can taste nasty but will sustain. Boiling and then tossing the water before use can help remove the tannic acids and improve the flavor of the final product. I can't answer to the angle-worm thing except to note that ones dug in my yard seem to exude dirt when squeezed.. they are prized as a :eek: food-source in some places..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top