JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You would be surprised at what a person can eat and survive on! Having been to a couple WAR Zones where the people have killed and eaten every thing, they got awfully creative with what they ARE to fill the stomach and survived! My Bride reminds me all the time the luxuries of mixing saw dust with flower and making loaves of bread out of it! Acorns mixed with fresh caught earthworms ground to a paste and fried is almost like a fresh egg and offers about the same protein! After a few weeks eating these delicacies, those wonderful totally useless lap dogs start looking mighty tasty!

What are you going to feed the dog during this SHTFEOTWAWKI? Our dogs eat fancy dry kibble dog food. For SHTF the dogs have some wet canned food stored away. I'm not eating dog food unless we are a very very long time into whatever scenario has unfolded.

Legend has it that Dinki-Di will keep all creatures hale and hearty even in the worst of times.

View attachment 496335

it probably has electrolytes
I hear The Humongous ate 5 cans a day to keep up his manly physique.

It's everything a growing war-boy needs for a vigorous day of being catapult ammo!!

We better start going to the range so we have stories to tell then! ;)

Yeah, that "one story" is all played out!

:eek: I am sure that someone might eat it! :D

Barbecue and Tabasco sauce, ain't nothing safe on the range when those are around! :p

My Dogs eat 100% Natural Salmon and sweet potato food with ZERO corn or grains! Before we made the switch it was Lamb and Rice! All top shelf food made in the States from certified food sources! My current Golden is almost 18 years old and has had zero health issues, and the Golden before him was 20 years old, and the Lab before that was 18! Both Neufies before the current one lived to 16 and 17 respectively! It's true, what you put in has direct results in what you get out! No table scraps unless its healthy and has no grain or corn! Treats are home made from 100% natural food stuffs and again, no grains or corn or any thing artificial! A rare treat is Elk or Deer legs and bones smoked to preserve them and frozen until ready to eat! I also save out some of the trimmings from same to add to the food for a little something different! We do the same with all meat! Fruits and veggies once in a while, and a half cooked egg once a week!

I look at it this way, if I wouldn't eat it, why should I expect my dogs to? And if I expect a long and healthy life out of them, I should be active in helping them achieve that! My FirKids are healthier then a lot of peoples children! I'm actually proud of that fact! :D

An old trick for running into that looted grocery store while the owners on the roof are shooting at you. You can only grab one thing. What will it be?

Do not laugh but strongly consider while dodging bullets is that loss leader big stack of 40 pounds of the cheapest chunky dry dog food. Not that bad.

Who here has not eaten the cheapest chunky dry bulk dog food? With some powered milk not that bad. Also goes down OK as a trail mix chewy pick me up.

If it will keep you big happy Bow Wow happy it will probably not keep you that happy but it will fill your stomach and will probably not kill you. Yumm Yumm. :)

That's right, survival means eatin what is available, unless it's snails... EWWEEE:eek:

My Dogs eat 100% Natural Salmon and sweet potato food with ZERO corn or grains! Before we made the switch it was Lamb and Rice! All top shelf food made in the States from certified food sources! My current Golden is almost 18 years old and has had zero health issues, and the Golden before him was 20 years old, and the Lab before that was 18! Both Neufies before the current one lived to 16 and 17 respectively! It's true, what you put in has direct results in what you get out! No table scraps unless its healthy and has no grain or corn! Treats are home made from 100% natural food stuffs and again, no grains or corn or any thing artificial! A rare treat is Elk or Deer legs and bones smoked to preserve them and frozen until ready to eat! I also save out some of the trimmings from same to add to the food for a little something different! We do the same with all meat! Fruits and veggies once in a while, and a half cooked egg once a week!

I look at it this way, if I wouldn't eat it, why should I expect my dogs to? And if I expect a long and healthy life out of them, I should be active in helping them achieve that! My FirKids are healthier then a lot of peoples children! I'm actually proud of that fact! :D

In Western Civilization, dogs eat better than 99% of all humans in history. This is why the terrorists hate us.

It's like $1.80 each. Thing is, it really is for the dogs and it would get rotated. Wouldn't feed my dog Dinty unfortunately.
AND I kinda like Dinty sometimes.

Dinty has way too much salt for dogs to process. It would most likely cause major kidney and heart issues in a dog. I don't fault you for keeping the girlfriends dog happy ;) Luckily, we always had labs, they'll eat anything. . . and everything. :p

That's right, survival means eatin what is available, unless it's snails... EWWEEE:eek:

But Monsieur, zee cuisine is so good at zee End of The World!
7D605E06-9B34-4F39-ADE8-F09AACD2762E.jpeg

French food cart specializing in snails. Yum.
Frenchman hits the road with 'world's first' food truck selling snails

I would never eat my dog! My dog is like a kid to me and my wife and will protect it as such!
Sorry, but if it came down to myself and/or my family starving, a dog's life wouldn't even factor into the consideration process.

Dogs are animals, they are not children.

Sorry, but if it came down to myself and/or my family starving, a dog's life wouldn't even factor into the consideration process.

Dogs are animals, they are not children.

To you! To many others they are family and a loyal companion who would lay down their life to protect you. I would choose my dog over a lot of things including some humans.

To you! To many others they are family and a loyal companion who would lay down their life to protect you. I would choose my dog over a lot of things including some humans.
Sure, and I'm not saying that if times get tough, you should just pop Fido over the head with a ballpeen hammer and grill up his carcass on a whim. I'm saying that if I wanted to keep a dog fit, firm and healthy at the cost of watching someone I love starve to death, I would have to have a pretty silly and barbaric set of values.

Sure, and I'm not saying that if times get tough, you should just pop Fido over the head with a ballpeen hammer and grill up his carcass on a whim. I'm saying that if I wanted to keep a dog fit, firm and healthy at the cost of watching someone I love starve to death, I would have to have a pretty silly and barbaric set of values.

There is a non silly and non barbaric alternative.
My plan is to pop just you over the head with a ball peen hammer and grill up your carcass. Do please keep fit firm and healthy.
Also, eat lots of spicy foods... me and the pooch don't like tasteless people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top