JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two German shepherds and a wolf.
Run through two and a half 40 pound bags =100lbs a month.

We have one and a half year's worth of patriot pantry stored for four people.
If SHTF the dog's would eat what we are.

Totally this. It annoys me when I read dog food labels and you can tell they are jumping through hoops to keep the fact that it was made in China a secret.

My rule of thumb is that if it doesnt declare obviously that it is 100% US made, it probably isnt.
If you have to search to find the country of origin, there's probably a reason.

Fred likes rib eye, bacon and ham but I can get him to eat canned food from time to time:D. Crazy guy wont eat french fries, potato chips or eggs:confused:. He caught a mole once and just left it at the back door like a trophy:D

Legend has it that Dinki-Di will keep all creatures hale and hearty even in the worst of times.

th?id=OIP.enI6halqUMslMn_taLqYoAHaDT&w=203&h=133&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

it probably has electrolytes

40-50 pound bags of rice can be had at Costco for cheap. That and a food grade 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot gets you a long lasting carbohydrate dense food.

We're big Costco fans, but you can do far better on bulk.

Take a look at a "Cash and Carry", if there's one close by. They will routinely have sacked white rice as a loss leader. Usually under $20. Half price over Costco, by weight.

Also handy if you want other bulks, and don't want them shipped in. Or don't want to order them shipped in to Winco & go back to pick up.

Sacked flour, salt, oats etc etc.

For buckets, keep an eye on the Craigslist.

Can pick them up cheap, food grade. Like 1$ or 2$ each.

May have contained sauces etc, but doesn't matter as for safety one should also be storing bulks for long term Mylar bagged oxygen absorbed inside the buckets. The bucket is just for easier moving/storage/preventing bags from damage.

Seal the bags with a cut 2x4 and an iron.

Large bucket sized Mylar bags and O2 absorbers can be bought online or at Winco.

We're big Costco fans, but you can do far better on bulk.

Take a look at a "Cash and Carry", if there's one close by. They will routinely have sacked white rice as a loss leader. Usually under $20. Half price over Costco, by weight.

Also handy if you want other bulks, and don't want them shipped in. Or don't want to order them shipped in to Winco & go back to pick up.

Sacked flour, salt, oats etc etc.

For buckets, keep an eye on the Craigslist.

Can pick them up cheap, food grade. Like 1$ or 2$ each.

May have contained sauces etc, but doesn't matter as for safety one should also be storing bulks for long term Mylar bagged oxygen absorbed inside the buckets. The bucket is just for easier moving/storage/preventing bags from damage.

Seal the bags with a cut 2x4 and an iron.

Large bucket sized Mylar bags and O2 absorbers can be bought online or at Winco.

+1

I often forget about Cash and Carry, but they are a great option, and they carry some things regular stores and even Costco doesn't. Worth stopping by.

We better start going to the range so we have stories to tell then! ;)

Come later this fall, I'm hoping to have a weekend open up here and there. For now, we're booked through mid-October. Can't wait to get out and shoot again. Maybe join some of you fine folks as well.

I'll bring the dog food.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top