JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My girlfriend has a picky eater little dog. While shopping I came across some new Racheal Ray Nutrish grain free dog food in those sealed plastic containers.
The dog goes frickin crazy for them and I see why. I'm sure the meat is not best quality, but I'd totally eat this. (the chicken and beef ones at least)
Not saying dogfood is a plan, but I think I'll stock up on these and in my mind, feel I have another option for potted meats.

9C9E9E93-E5D4-4E31-9942-8C96097D2EA2.jpeg

My Bride buys a product on the Internet that my Beagle(Barney Miller) really likes and it's Free shipping keeps the cost down. That being said, I've never owned a dog that "required" special food. At least, not until he got much older. Maybe you should have a talk with her.:cool::cool::cool:

Just curious on the price of that dog food. You can get a can of Dinty Moore stew, more fit for human consumption for a reasonable price, and likely tastier. Some of that specialty dog food gets pretty darn spendy.

Just curious on the price of that dog food. You can get a can of Dinty Moore stew, more fit for human consumption for a reasonable price, and likely tastier. Some of that specialty dog food gets pretty darn spendy.
This +100

The little stew cans are tasty. I've eaten a couple I've stored for years and they were fine.

I by the off brand as DM uses texturized soy protein as a filler.

An old trick for running into that looted grocery store while the owners on the roof are shooting at you. You can only grab one thing. What will it be?

Do not laugh but strongly consider while dodging bullets is that loss leader big stack of 40 pounds of the cheapest chunky dry dog food. Not that bad.

Who here has not eaten the cheapest chunky dry bulk dog food? With some powered milk not that bad. Also goes down OK as a trail mix chewy pick me up.

If it will keep you big happy Bow Wow happy it will probably not keep you that happy but it will fill your stomach and will probably not kill you. Yumm Yumm. :)

I wonder why people create certain problem for themselves, my Dog eat whatever i have to give them or they starve, taking care of your per/animal is all cool but having them make decisions is just nonsense.

Pretty much this, eventually they'll get hungry enough they will eat it. Giving in just teaches them they can. I buy expensive grain free food for my dog because it's better for him, but I pick the flavor;)

40-50 pound bags of rice can be had at Costco for cheap. That and a food grade 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot gets you a long lasting carbohydrate dense food.

An old trick for running into that looted grocery store while the owners on the roof are shooting at you. You can only grab one thing. What will it be?

Do not laugh but strongly consider while dodging bullets is that loss leader big stack of 40 pounds of the cheapest chunky dry dog food. Not that bad.

Who here has not eaten the cheapest chunky dry bulk dog food? With some powered milk not that bad. Also goes down OK as a trail mix chewy pick me up.

If it will keep you big happy Bow Wow happy it will probably not keep you that happy but it will fill your stomach and will probably not kill you. Yumm Yumm. :)
Well, yeah. But who's gonna shovel my poo out of the yard?

Two 40 lb. bags of dry kibble will feed my two dogs for three months. We always keep a pair of bags in reserve, giving them up to six months of food. That said, I don't particularly care for the stuff.

We've talked informally about how we would feed 'em in a SHTF situation, and it essentially boils down to table scraps, bones and whatever they can scrounge up in the woods. But I like the canned stew idea as it simplifies things considerably for everyone.

Boris, my Lab/Mastiff mix, is not a finicky eater, but he prefers a diet filled with variety. Fortunately for him, there is lots of variety to be found around here. There's deer poop, turkey poop, elk poop, coyote poop, moose poop, bear poop, cougar poop, bobcat poop, and that's just on the daily menu. On special days, he gets to sample the delicacy known as Equine Scatologicus, aka horse poop. Plus, whatever carcasses he can find and drag home.

After our walks I avoid his tongue until he gets his palate-cleansing dish of kibble with a little bacon grease tossed in along with his pills wrapped in cheese.

Cheese! That dog can hear a cheese drawer open from one hundred feet but can't hear me yell from five feet, "Don't eat that poop!"

It's like $1.80 each. Thing is, it really is for the dogs and it would get rotated. Wouldn't feed my dog Dinty unfortunately.
AND I kinda like Dinty sometimes.

My dogs eat pretty well and cost to me is of lesser importance than the quality of food they receive. I feed Fromm dog food. Just for food and treats for the cats and dogs is well over 3 Bill's a month. I give the best I can find. Lately been mixing the Fromm with a wet dog food called 100% which comes in salmon duck pork beef and chicken. The only ingredient is the meat listed on the label. Jake will be gone some day and he will be missed but he will have had the best I could give him. I have been labeled the crazy dog uncle a name I wear with pride.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top