JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After glossing over this thread, I'm curious to know what people think of
Ar500's
Armor New Base Coat- Line-X Protective Coating product, and upgrade options for our armor systems applied in house!

AR500 Armor Body Armor now comes with a new protective base coat which has replaced our old enamel coat. This new Base Coat is in the Line-X family of products and is used to mitigate Spall and Fragmentation. In addition to these properties the coat has unmatched performance in extreme wear, chemical, water, and harsh element resistance, along with a hand applied high traction surface – making it the perfect choice to coat our Armor with.
more info here.
AR500 Armor - Line-X Base Coat

So?...

I only have some expired kevlar, but I have been looking at dyneema plates from DKX they claim to be light, durable and have a 7 year warranty. I think its a good option because steel is heavy and ceramic can crack, but Its not in the budget for me right now.

AR 500 plates can take more punishment than any other plate offering.... Yes it's heavy... But if ever I got to put it on, chances are there will be no replacement of the other stuff....

This is a Nut N Fancy deal through Firearmspro in Utah.
Product Information--

DKX Max IIIA Armor Pistol Plate - 10" X 12"

Style: Shooters Cut
DKX M3A SC 1 $174.95
DKX Max IIIA Armor Pistol Plate - 10" X 12"

Style: Regular (Square)
DKX M3A SQ 1 $174.95

The plates float on water.

These are Pistol plates. They make a 30-06 rated thicker plate=More money.
<broken link removed>
Cheers, Roy

Just a personal opinion. I'm not LEO or Military. I'm a civilian. An old retired civilian with a wife and two kids still at home. Am I really going to buy armor just for me? The one thing LEO and military strip off once they are off duty? Hot armor. There's a reason why the liability changes after a certain number of years. It's hard enough to just wear my NRA denim vest in hot weather to cover my rig. PS: Getting them wet damages them? You mean like sweating all day?

Just MHO: For me, it'd be far "safer" for me and my family if I first moved out of the city and I took the money and invested in more ammo and got out and regularly emptied clips. I don't carry a double stack with a hundred rounds in it (of course I'm kidding). I still carry my original S&W model 39 and should be able to drop any threat I'm likely to encounter.

My life insurance? Boots, blue jeans, a John Deere hat and a tight pattern should keep them from noticing me until it's too late.

But that's just me.

I hear ya. Thankfully, the party responsible is getting fatter (and richer) so we should have fewer misses. :s0114:

Pretty much agree, spend money on ammo and learn to shoot and hit the intended target on the first shot, body armour protects you from the first shot, then your on you butt trying to get your air back,, they run up on you, shot you in the head, days over...... they shot, hope they miss, then I get my turn:) In a gun fight, the winner is the one with the better aim!

I did an extensive research into Body Armor and Plates and eventually I went with a Level IIIA vest from CalArmor (New Modular Bulletproof Vest Body Armor NIJ IIIA XS | eBay) and Level III Dyneema plates from Isreali-Weapons (Holster, Tactical items in Israeli-Weapons Ltd store on eBay!). With this combination, they say that it will stop a 30-06 as long as it's not point blank range. Of course I have not tested them to see how well they work but, I'm happy with the quality of the Vest and the Plates.

I have a 30.06, just say send it when you are ready..... <GRIN>

Brutus Out

Just a personal opinion. I'm not LEO or Military. I'm a civilian. An old retired civilian with a wife and two kids still at home. Am I really going to buy armor just for me? The one thing LEO and military strip off once they are off duty? Hot armor. There's a reason why the liability changes after a certain number of years. It's hard enough to just wear my NRA denim vest in hot weather to cover my rig. PS: Getting them wet damages them? You mean like sweating all day?

Just MHO: For me, it'd be far "safer" for me and my family if I first moved out of the city and I took the money and invested in more ammo and got out and regularly emptied clips. I don't carry a double stack with a hundred rounds in it (of course I'm kidding). I still carry my original S&W model 39 and should be able to drop any threat I'm likely to encounter.

My life insurance? Boots, blue jeans, a John Deere hat and a tight pattern should keep them from noticing me until it's too late.

But that's just me.

Can you say the same for steel plates?

So being a big guy and not having the option of getting sized for a custom made level 3A body armor, I decided to go with the US PALM DEFENDER XL with the MOLLE carrier. They have several different kinds of carriers.... AK, AR, Pistol, Sleek etc.
I understand it only covers the vitals front and back. You are suppose to stand squared to the threat or whatever they say. If you have a bladed stance, you have no side protection.

Anyways, there are three different panel sizes (Small, Large, and Extra Large). I just got the black molle carrier with the front panel because I have an older rear panel from another vest I plan on using for the rear.

The carrier and the front 3A panel go for $250 normally but I found it on sale at <broken link removed> for $199 with free shipping. The rear extra large panels are $125 ea. so by using my old one, I save some money and I get to have a light weight, concealable level 3A armor for $199 :s0155:

USP00400353-2_zpsef815150.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads