JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you ever bought a gun that someone recommended?

• Total voters
I got some really useful information with regards to unscrambling numeric designations for S&W snub nosed revolvers... alloy, scandium, bobbed-hammer, concealed hammer, DAO, stuff like that.
It helped me reach the conclusion that a Model 442 Airweight is what I'm after so I guess the answer is "yes".

I bought several and they were all terrible. Now I just buy what I want because I want it and it's been more or less smooth sailing

Mike ....That PF-9 even pinches Hickock45's finger. :eek:

But I digress, :rolleyes:

I bought my first AR from my brother.and after a magazine, or two, it spent about a year in the back of the safe. It had a terrible muzzle blast and (being M1 trained) I couldn't get used to the carrying handle and those funny sights. :eek:

Flash forward..
I got tired of looking at it and It now has a flat top upper, 3x9 scope, full length hand guard a bi-pod and the muzzle brake is gone.:D

I call it my, "Poor Man's Varmiter". :)

I wouldn't dream of foisting my opinion on another huming being. If ASKED, I am more than happy to tell somebody of my experiences with this or that firearm, IF I have any experience, that is.

It's rather like choosing a wife. Some people choose good-looking ones, but find they don't work too well after a while. Others go for more mundane version, and are happy for the rest of their lives.

Have a listen to what that well-known maven on guns, Jimmy Soul, has to say on the matter.....

and if you ain't smilin' your face off by the end, you just ain't..........................know what I'm sayin' here?

Get in ugly girl to marry you!

actually, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I went the moderate path as identified by @tac for wife 2.0, I was looking long term... That being true, it's a balance of looks, intelligence and heart that make the perfect bride, understanding we all have our defects and shortcomings.

As for firearms, they're tools and should be treated accordingly, with the rare ones becoming heirlooms...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top