JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my Ruger's!!! Reliable, every time. I do however find it funny that the OP is one of the most outspoken Glock fans (who recently released their first 22LR) and is coming out to ask for a good 22LR pistol!!!!

I love my Ruger's!!! Reliable, every time. I do however find it funny that the OP is one of the most outspoken Glock fans (who recently released their first 22LR) and is coming out to ask for a good 22LR pistol!!!!
There are many good 22 pistols available, both old school & new. It depends on ones priorities, like Accuracy, dependability, or is it going to be a increasing value heirloom? Personally I own only one 22LR Plastic, but owned many different brands. There are only a few I've yet to try, requirements are accurate 20 yds & dependable. Really do not like the kit versions of any.

@Kruel J whatcha get!

If you got that 22wmr pistol let me know, I got a box minus a few rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 22wmr somewhere as a belated BDay present for ya...

@Kruel J whatcha get!

If you got that 22wmr pistol let me know, I got a box minus a few rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 22wmr somewhere as a belated BDay present for ya...

Nothing so far. Might be a week or two yet. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks man!

I'm still waiting for a 100% reliable .22 cal semiauto handgun.
I've had about every 22LR pistol ever made. I really enjoy target & hunting with a 22. Many had some type of issue whether fussy about ammo, unreliable, or just a piece of junk. I settled on One plastic pistol that's a M&P 22LR Compact with no issues so far. The remainder are my High Standard Victor(which can be a little finicky), High Standard Field King, S&W 41, Colt Cadet, & S&W 2206(Little known & one of my favorites). Good luck in your search for the perfect 22LR Pistol.

Samuel Colt thought so. He called his invention a revolving pistol.

Bah, what did HE know, eh? just 'cos his was the first....that' prolly why he didn't know what to call that darn thing.

Very true sir. I don't get hung up on the whole "pistol" definition. If it was good enough for Mr. Colt, it's good enough for me. :)

I frankly like the idea of the 10 shot revolver, frankly. Revolving feed, no FTRs, FTF, FTEs, and Double strike seems very important for these .22LR rimfires. Seems to solve all the problems inherent in a .22LR.

I don't have much experience shooting my .22LRs to make a recommendation, other than I'm sure we all know that reliability in .22LR handguns is far lower than centerfire.

I LOVE CZs and was excited to get a CZ75 cadet upper. The two times I took it to the range it was unreliable. Might have been user error or ammo related. Maybe a wider selection of ammo would have proved successful.

I have a Walther P22 and it seems I might have shot it once, but I cannot recall how much or how reliable. But it's a very comfortable gun and a great trainer if someone has PPS, PPQ, P99, etc. full size guns.

This week I bought a very nice condition attractive all metal hammer fired Bersa Thunder .22LR. I'm eager to shoot it. It's very comfortable. It's a pre-lock model, which makes it probably pre-MIM and decades old, would be my guess. All stainless steel with wood grips. Very handsome pistol.

Hit me up if you want hands on with the TX22. I'm literally offloading all my other 22 pistols since getting it. Trigger is really really nice. Ergos are great, mag capacity is great. Only downside, to some, is the name on the side.
I agree. I just bought a TX 22. Took it to the range to compare it to my Ruger 22/45 Mk III. I couldn't tell the difference between the groups. In 80 rounds I had one failure to extract, and that is during the break in period. Ergos are good, but I don't care for the cut in where my left thumb rests on the frame. Trigger is terrific. Can't wait until my suppressor gets out of jail so I can see how well the TX 22 acts as a host.
Some may complain about the polymer frame, but you can't have everything for $300. Scratches and dings? How does your favorite hammer look? My guns are tools. If they function well, I am happy. I have one 1911 that is my "pretty" gun and I keep it looking nice. The rest, meh.

For your consideration.....

S&W 41
Pros easy barrel switch, great feel, excellent craftsmanship, superb accuracy
Cons expensive

Kimber 22LR conversion
Pros great trigger trainer for 45, reliable, accurate
Cons, expensive

Ruger 22/45
Pros 1911 grip style qualifies for practice especially for newer shooters
Cons accuracy varies but usually accurate with at least one brand of ammo

S&W 41 Right Side with extra barrel.jpg DSCN1910.JPG DSCN1903.JPG Ruger 22-45.jpg

I have been studying this as well and am leaning to the SW MP 22 and not the model with a suppressor ready barrel because if the legislation goes the wrong way this would be a problem to avoid. The Glock initially sounded nice but too many reports of failure. The Ruger SR 22 from what I gather has an upside down safety.

I have been studying this as well and am leaning to the SW MP 22 and not the model with a suppressor ready barrel because if the legislation goes the wrong way this would be a problem to avoid. The Glock initially sounded nice but too many reports of failure. The Ruger SR 22 from what I gather has an upside down safety.

The only plastic 22LR Pistol I own is a suppressor ready S&W MP 22 and am not going to be intimidated by any Political what if's. Have owned about every Plastic 22LR made. I like this one & it hasn't failed yet. Personally, I still prefer my S&W 41, High Standard Victor, S&W 2206, & High Standard Field King.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top