JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go lay your hands on a Walther PPQ 22lr. Currently my favorite semi-auto 22lr pistol. Mag's hold 12 rounds and are reasonably priced. Accuracy is superb. It has eaten everything I have fed it so far. Looking forward to trying it out suppressed in a couple more months once the suppressor gets out of jail.

I've got a Browning 1911-22
listed here. The only reason I'm
selling is the all black sights are
hard for me to see. When it sells
I'm purchasing an m&p compact

CZ used to offer the Kadet .22LR on a CZ 75 frame
I believe I remember CZ once offered the Kadet and was unaware they offered a .22 upper as a conversion for them.

So I spent a little time last night researching them and the reviews I watched were positive with essentially no complaints - with a couple saying the CZ with the .22 upper definitely becomes one of the best .22 SA pistols of all:
The Kadet Adapter isn't just a great conversion kit, it's so dang good that, compared even against complete firearms, it makes for one of the best .

As a 'conversion kit' it was also mentioned it was hands down the BEST of all but in reality it is a complete upper so not a 'conversion kit' per se.

Regardless now i WANT one! I have been waffling on the idea of a full size .22 SA pistol and I think I really like this idea!

Accuracy and reliability were reported excellent as well.

Last Edited:
Had a SR22, unfortunately mine was not accurate & had problems..The only plastic Pistol a ended up with was S&W M&P. The rest of mine are old school metal. I do like CCI, Ely, Wolf & Federal Gold ammo.

Sorry that you had a bad experience...regardless of manufacturer, there always seems to be an errant bad one pop up here & there over time. My wife loves to shoot the SR22 (moreso than her Glock42). To me it is a fun gun to shoot and I have found consistent accuracy is best with CCI. I considered the P22 first and shot one that a friend had and it had some feed issues even with CCI. I'm more than pleased with the SR22.

I suffered somewhat the same problem, ended up with a CZ compact in .40 S&W (CZ 75 P-06). Other than being metal and heavier than my G-19, it fits my hands well. The weight eases the recoil of the .40. No more recoil than the Glock 9mm.

No, this isn't a drill. I am seriously considering a pistol in .22lr. Before everyone goes and suggests a Ruger MK, I have had a couple and they aren't my bag.

My main reasons for wanting one is cheap practice and working with new shooters. This may come as a surprise to some, but I am an avid Glock shooter and I EDC one. NOT because they are the "best". In fact, I can shoot many other pistols better. When I say better, I mean slightly tighter groups. I don't shoot handguns for pinpoint accuracy, I shoot them to practice self defense and quick threat stoppage. That being said, I trust Glocks 100% so they are what I spend my money on.

But, the G44......nope. Here's why:
It's a G19 sized gun. Not my favorite. The G19 is great, but it doesn't do anything particularly well IMO. A bit too small for my hands, a bit too large for some to carry. I personally EDC a G45 so what do I know? :D
Polymer slide. Eh....no.
10 round capacity. Not a deal breaker, but I don't get it.
Did I mention the polymer slide? This thing may be as close to a Glock 7 as we'll ever see. :D

So....I went and handled a few other offerings. The Taurus TX-22 and the Smith M&P22. The Taurus felt cheap (go figure) and the fit and finish really turned me off.

The M&P...I liked it. The full size version more than the compact. I've owned several M&Ps and find them to be good guns that I shoot well.

Any other ideas? I'm not looking for a "target" style gun like the Ruger MK. I'm looking for something that is similar to larger caliber "duty weapons".

For the sake of less redundant posts, pretend the G44 hasn't been announced yet. :)

Appreciate any input.

I've owned the M&P, I would definitely recommend it. One of my favorite .22 pistols. As with a number of things, sold it to buy a different (bigger) gun at the time. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

I haven't read the whole thread, but have you considered getting one of the Advantage Arms kits for Glock? I've owned one of those too, and really enjoyed it. It was completely reliable, and was nice to practice with the same grip and trigger.

To each their own, but It's a shame to not look at hammer-fired options, because my fav for new shooters is the Browning 1911-22. It's slim and light, fits what are often smaller hands, safe, easy racking, won't fire with the mag out (unless you know to hold the mag release down), the beavertail keeps the hand away from the slide, It's basically an 85% size of the regular 1911. the quality is better than most
View attachment 645554

My best friend has one of these and it's a ball to shoot, I wish I could afford one.
Gabby

I like the Browning Buckmark just about the best of reasonable priced options. My Beretta 87 is hands down better, but... ...unless you come across a stellar deal, ridiculously priced for a .22.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top