JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the range today to do a brass pickup. When I got there I was pretty disappointed. There seemed to be hardly anything lying around. I managed to score about 50 .223 from the rifle range, but other than that the pickin's looked mighty slim.

So I decided to head over to the pistol ranges, and again, pickin's looked slim. But then I decided to take a walk out on to the ranges themselves as I knew people shoot from downrange as well as from the main firing line. And like the guys on Gold Rush, I had to comb through a crap-ton of rock to find the bits of gold, but when all said and done I walked away with a total of just under 10lbs of mixed brass.
1605475528516.png
I'll wash and tumble it all, keep the stuff I reload for, and then trade away everything else!

If your at a club, learn their calendars, go to the bays/ranges after the police trainings. If held at your club.

Went to the range today to do a brass pickup. When I got there I was pretty disappointed. There seemed to be hardly anything lying around. I managed to score about 50 .223 from the rifle range, but other than that the pickin's looked mighty slim.

So I decided to head over to the pistol ranges, and again, pickin's looked slim. But then I decided to take a walk out on to the ranges themselves as I knew people shoot from downrange as well as from the main firing line. And like the guys on Gold Rush, I had to comb through a crap-ton of rock to find the bits of gold, but when all said and done I walked away with a total of just under 10lbs of mixed brass.
View attachment 777503
I'll wash and tumble it all, keep the stuff I reload for, and then trade away everything else!

a couple of weeks ago we went out to The Tillamook to look for mushrooms and stopped by the beaver Dam Pit. You ought to consider yourself lucky, because 99% of what we saw there was .22lr. Now if shotgun hulls were worth a nickel? :s0115: Puckin' Fig shot gunners.:s0117:

a couple of weeks ago we went out to The Tillamook to look for mushrooms and stopped by the beaver Dam Pit. You ought to consider yourself lucky, because 99% of what we saw there was .22lr. Now if shotgun hulls were worth a nickel? :s0115: Puckin' Fig shot gunners.:s0117:
If hulls and or wads were with $0.05, I can only imagine the added amount of crack addicts be in the woods.

However, I'd love to see the crack addicts floating around the swamp areas searching for all the duck hunters left behind wads.

If your at a club, learn their calendars, go to the bays/ranges after the police trainings. If held at your club.

+ for post cop days.
- for post USPSA days as that brass can be on load number 14!

The best brass harvest ever has been when the boys in blue pack up and leave.

I leave nastygrams at my pit, it pisses me off to no end that people are inherently stupid,ignorant or just illiterate when they walk by my signs to clean up after themselves...:mad::mad::mad:

I leave nastygrams at my pit, it pisses me off to no end that people are inherently stupid,ignorant or just illiterate when they walk by my signs to clean up after themselves...:mad::mad::mad:

They leave your signs up? I guess you didn't say that, did you? You said they walked by them. And likely tore 'em down and threw 'em on the ground.

You've spoke of your range fairly often. I get the idea that it's not only you, but some other responsible folks too, that keep the place fairly decent?
People as a whole seem to be getting bubblegumier and bubblegumier.

That Beaver Dam range.....There are THOUSANDS of shot gun hulls down at the bottom of a short drop with boulders. And at the top on the flat is a carpet of steel cases. It hasn't been cleaned up since August 2019, I think it was. Virtually EVERY hull was gone. And now.......:s0117:

They leave your signs up? I guess you didn't say that, did you? You said they walked by them. And likely tore 'em down and threw 'em on the ground.

You've spoke of your range fairly often. I get the idea that it's not only you, but some other responsible folks too, that keep the place fairly decent?
People as a whole seem to be getting bubblegumier and bubblegumier.

That Beaver Dam range.....There are THOUSANDS of shot gun hulls down at the bottom of a short drop with boulders. And at the top on the flat is a carpet of steel cases. It hasn't been cleaned up since August 2019, I think it was. Virtually EVERY hull was gone. And now.......:s0117:

To be quite honest Mike, I believe there was one time when my signs were knocked over (never used as targets). I have to believe that it was because that week we had a really high winds so I can't blame it on the dorks.

Indeed they are brother, I am really losing faith in humanity at a massive rate. It's either one out of the group that is the A-hole and the others follow suit but when confronted for their misdeeds they backpedal quickly and do as I order right then, "PICK UP YOUR bubblegum, if you don't then never return here!!!" I'm to the point to where I don't give a damn, just think of Walter on the Jeff Dunham show.

When I first started going to this pit (6-7 years ago), just to shoot shoot I thought to myself what a bunch of pigs that were raised like pigs. I know that if someone brought this pig stye to a forestry managers attention that it would have been closed. So I took it upon myself to become the unofficial caretaker. People don't care about the image we leave for others to see then we will loose places like this to shoot.
Look at how much it cost us today to access the same forest roads that we used to travel unabated, you are right brother people are just stupid.

Last Edited:
To be quite honest Mike, I believe there was one time when my signs were knocked over (never used as targets). I have to believe that it was because that week we had a really high winds so I can't blame it on the dorks.

Indeed they are brother, I am really losing faith in humanity at a massive rate. It's either one out of the group that is the A-hole and the others follow suit but when confronted for their misdeeds they backpedal quickly and do as I order right then, "PICK UP YOUR bubblegum, if you don't then ever return here!!!" I'm to the point to where I don't give a damn, just think of Walter on the Jeff Dunham show.

When I first started going to this pit (6-7 years ago), just to shoot shoot I thought to myself what a bunch of pigs that were raised like pigs. I know that if someone brought this pig stye to a forestry managers attention that it would have been closed. So I took it upon myself to become the unofficial caretaker. PlIf people don't begin to care about the image we leave for others to see then we will loose places like this to shoot.
Look at how much it cost us today to access the same forest roads that we used to travel unabated, you are right brother people are just stupid.

Wish we lived closer. I like feisty OFs! (I can say that because I are one too) :p Even getting kinda' crippled up at this point.

Last Edited:
Here's the latest signs I put up. There are none like this available from NWFA...:(
Just down the trail from the gate.

View attachment 779405

This one at the entrance of pit #2

View attachment 779404

Those are excellent Jim! Not that the true dirt-bag pigs would heed them, but it's wording that can be in the back of semi-normal people's minds that might help.

I've had a few groups that recently started coming once a month this year that cleans the WHOLE PIT before they leave. I had a talk about them taking the brass that was there before they came, asking them to pick it up and bag it for me or just leave it. Good 2A peeps.;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top