JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They should be arriving in today's mail. These "Made in the U.S.A." Tomahawks are of the Peter Lagana-style with a hollow space in the bit. The 'hawks are made from 1055 Carbon Steel and are forged in Rockford Illinois.

From the videos I have watched, they appear to be as "tough as nails" and the bit should be easily sharpened to a fine edge. The tools also have shock absorbing Nylon/rubber handles and full-tang construction.

So many people take these units as "weekend camping tools" and are disappointed when they don't perform well as hatchets. They aren't hatchets and were never intended to be used as such. The "village idiots" persist in their folly, complaining and bemoaning the fact that they aren't what they wanted. These are simple breaching and killing tools and function well in these roles.

I'll let you know how well I like them.

I know I'm new around here and perhaps shouldn't ask however I think many may want to know as I do......

Can you smoke with it as well?

:D

Clever! These are great "impact/cutting" weapons. I also have a Condor Tomahawk Axe made from 1075 High Carbon Steel. In 7 minutes I put a "slicing-sharp" edge on the beast, and it cuts like mad!

While typing this, the Tomahawks arrived. I will be putting a mean edge on them with my Spyderco Tri-angle "Sharpmaker". (Believe me when I tell you that it works).

Later, kids!

Those Estwings are a bargain for what you get!
I had a Killian K5 tactical hawk... Benchmade bought the design and sells them for over $600 now, but when Eddie Killian first put them out they were around $200.
77D6CF66-4FFB-4B1C-9A6A-F971DEEFFB0A.jpeg 87B23EA7-5DEB-47DB-836C-CAF0646A5C73.jpeg
Not a hatchet... purely a fighting/breaching tool. Not even meant to be sharp. I saw a video of a guy using it like a can opener on a car... mine was still in new condition so I traded it to a collector for about $400 worth of AR parts, but I'd love to have one or two of those estwings to keep in my cars shtf box just in case.

The Estwings took a "nasty sharp" edge. I left the spike alone on both 'hawks. (They needed no further work). I "smoothed them out" so that a blow from either would quickly cleave and penetrate a skull "in the blink of an eye".

Believe me when I tell you that these will kill so fast that a "bad guy" would be dead before they hit the floor. They wouldn't believe what was happening, even while it was happening.

That Tomahawk looks robust and useful for both breaching and tactical purposes. The basic tools are the best, aren't they? The Estwing is one of the better "bargain" tomahawks for home defense and "light duty". I'd be willing to bet money on its ability to perform under stress-filled circumstances.

Thanks for the report. I was disappointed with the Timahawk. Mostly because swinging it in a melee would likely cause you all kinds of blood loss. They've come out with a new, smaller one that looks better as there is no sharp point where the crowbar part is on the large one. https://www.timralstonlive.com/timahawk/

timahawk-banner.jpg

"Timahawk is everything you need in a multi-tool, an amazing prepper tool!
The Timahawk is a combination crowbar, axe, tomahawk, ave hammer, hoe, and breaching tool…. This tools uses are only limited by the imagination of the user. The weight and balance of this tool make it a MUST HAVE for every survivalist, backpacker, bush crafter, woodsman, fireman, policeman, adventurer, four wheeler and preppers the world over."

Oh, one more thing, for everyday car carry, the Cold Steel shovel (you read that right) shovel is a sweet self-defense tool. It's a copy of the Soviet Spetnaz design where one side is sharpened. They're suppose to be YouTube vids of dudes throwing them and sticking them in trees. If you were to go in front of a jury for a semi-questionable self defense move, using a shovel is much more benign looking than that brutal beast:) Furthermore, if you're out in the woods or a backcountry road, a shovel is a nice thing to have for lots of other reasons.
You are being redirected...
Not dissing on your choice, I have some tactical hawks too, but not knowing the laws in every state, county and city I drive in, pretty sure anyone banning a hawk or making it illegal will still give a little shovel a pass.

Oh, one more thing, for everyday car carry, the Cold Steel shovel (you read that right) shovel is a sweet self-defense tool. It's a copy of the Soviet Spetnaz design where one side is sharpened. They're suppose to be YouTube vids of dudes throwing them and sticking them in trees. If you were to go in front of a jury for a semi-questionable self defense move, using a shovel is much more benign looking than that brutal beast:) Furthermore, if you're out in the woods or a backcountry road, a shovel is a nice thing to have for lots of other reasons.
You are being redirected...
Not dissing on your choice, I have some tactical hawks too, but not knowing the laws in every state, county and city I drive in, pretty sure anyone banning a hawk or making it illegal will still give a little shovel a pass.

Here the Tomahawk won't garner much attention. People "open carry" and carry sheath knives. (It is "Redneck city" in St. Helens).

The ability to silently plant a bit in the head of an intruder draws little more than a nod and a pass from the local police. It is great inside the apartment, and if I have to dispatch a "bad guy" nothing much will be said about it. (Inside the house, all bets are off).

Last Edited:
Alexx1401: The Estwing Black Eagle has been out since 2017 and makes for one heck of a personal combat tool. The spike is particularly nasty. As such, can be used to excellent effect in an altercation. The two I bought are solid black, resulting in the "ultimate surprise" in the dark.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top