JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1911 owners are such freaken homos. You guys are probably saving me $3,500.... no way I'd ever associate myself with this crap.

My grandfather told me, when I was about 11 or 12, that you never own anything you can't afford. Never own a fancy car you can't afford to repair if you ding it, never own a jacket that you can't afford to replace if you rip it, and he didn't give guns as an example, but I'm sure he also would have said, "and boy, never own a damn gun you can't scratch or can't afford to refinish if you do scratch it and can't live with it."

Buy a Glock.

Don't you all think for a second I don't know who the idiot is in this matter. I see him in the mirror every morning whilst shaving.

This is not as bad as the time I placed a mod 41 S&W on the shooting bench after a match and had it knocked to the cement floor wile retrieving my target that did have such hi grades. Lost was my perception. That gun ran just as well with the chip in the target grip and the ding on the rear blade.

A Glock would have prevented this. :s0162:

only the scratch part, he'd still have to come to terms for being an idiot for buying a glock.

yeah, I just went there fanboys! you can't rip on 1911 guys when you know damn well your fan base is full of nothing but e-tards. at least 1911 guy doesn't think that buying a $850 1911 and shooting it 3,000 times suddenly makes the gun worth double what they paid a few months later.

1911 owners are such freaken homos. You guys are probably saving me $3,500.... no way I'd ever associate myself with this crap.

My grandfather told me, when I was about 11 or 12, that you never own anything you can't afford. Never own a fancy car you can't afford to repair if you ding it, never own a jacket that you can't afford to replace if you rip it, and he didn't give guns as an example, but I'm sure he also would have said, "and boy, never own a damn gun you can't scratch or can't afford to refinish if you do scratch it and can't live with it."

Buy a Glock.

The thing is someone else did the damage. It was completely out of his control. Now maybe since he knew the possibility of it getting scratched some preventative measures should have been taken. Now if he was b**chin about how he scratched his his own gun then we could tell him to man up. If someone opened their door into you $60,000 Corvette wouldn't you have the right to vent a little by complaining how some a**hole just dinged your sweet ride. I do.

I'll go you one better. I loaned my ex-son-in-law my compact RIA 1911 because we'd been to the range shooting and he said he'd like to practice on his own. Then my daughter finds heroin and meth in his pocket and suddenly we find out he's not only using but dealing and buying from the Mexican cartel in the area. When she left that night she found the drugs, she brought my gun home at my direction. He got mad at her because he "needed it for protection." Right, and next thing I would find out it'd been used in some drug deal gone bad. A year and a half later and the bastard is still using, still not paying child support, and still not facing reality that he's lost his beautiful three year old daughter forever. He seemed like a nice hard-working guy (Navy veteran) with a good family. He just fell off the face of the earth for drugs.

I've done something similar to this and I've given it quite a bit of thought. This may ruffle some feathers but I'll say it anyway. The problem here is that we (myself included) at times place unwarranted trust in other people. I hand one of my prize pieces to a noob and somehow I expect him/her to treat it with a type of handling respect that is only gained through years of experience and maturity. I'm setting myself up for dissapointment and it's not the fault of the noob, but rather my own. I now keep a POS handgun that I can allow a noob handle and drop and scratch if they must, though I encourage them to please not. I use this POS handgun for teaching them how to handle and the noob doesn't even get to touch or look at my nice pieces. They don't deserve to yet. They haven't earned their stripes. I have an old POS 22 bolt action with a glued crack in the stock. This is what they fire when we go out the first time. They do not touch my T-Bolt. If they buy their own firearm, then they can touch it, drop it, scratch it, ding it and rinse it off in the near by stream if they wish, but they don't touch mine. Once they earn their stripes, then we'll think about it.

I've never been anal about honest scratches or mars on my firearms, nor on my trucks. I've always viewed both as tools that get used, and bubblegum happens.

That said... I'll always caterwaul and raise cain on the first ding, dent or scratch on a new truck or a new or pristine firearm. I'm always grateful to get that stage over with so wood can be freely thrown in the bed of the truck, the gun can freely be handed to the less experienced to use, and I can quit pretending I'm HoneyBooBoo and move on with the scratch and dent realities of life.

I feel your pain... even if it seems to be self inflicted from here. If I was as concerned about the finish of my 1911 as you are, the wise thing would have been to have the friend bring his OWN 1911 over for a lesson. I say this not to you, as you are painfully aware now, but to other readers who may encounter this neighborly quandary in the future.

What's a HoneyBooboo ?

My friend is a self proclaimed 1911 "smith" Said he's taken then apart MILLIONS of times. And probably has.
So he want's to check out WTF a Colt 1991 looks like inside,never taken one down. I handed it to him and said have a look.

He brought it back and I noticed it had a new scratch,I thought. And I thought some more. Yeah he had idiot scratched my new (to me) gun.
Well I've never let him work on my guns again.

And "freaken homo" is what a big brained ,high IQ guy calls someone on a gun forum?
Ben ,I'm sooo impressed with your wealth of knowledge,and brilliance with words.
Why do kids think it's cute to post on these types of forums?

My friend is a self proclaimed 1911 "smith" Said he's taken then apart MILLIONS of times. And probably has.
So he want's to check out WTF a Colt 1991 looks like inside,never taken one down. I handed it to him and said have a look.

He brought it back and I noticed it had a new scratch,I thought. And I thought some more. Yeah he had idiot scratched my new (to me) gun.
Well I've never let him work on my guns again.

And "freaken homo" is what a big brained ,high IQ guy calls someone on a gun forum?
Ben ,I'm sooo impressed with your wealth of knowledge,and brilliance with words.
Why do kids think it's cute to post on these types of forums?

Man.. I really get to you, don't I? I'm sorry, bro.

tears2.jpg

Not to be insensitive at all because I too would be mad if I scratched my gun. But it's only a springfield mil spec 1911, go ahead and scratch that thing and put it to work! Be one and proud with your battle pistols and save the safe queen for something that is more safe queen worthy.

Where is the pic of the damaged 1911?

Make a video with this as the background music! :) Sorry, couldn't resist!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you "got to him" so much as most of us don't like conversing with a pompous bubblegum so we chose to make our feelings of dislike toward you public.

There is a nice little feature to deal with this problem.People don't "get to" me they just get ignored.Just kinda cute how some self proclaimed 'intellects' usually don't have much in the way of people skills.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top