JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ever since my Dad first thought me proper gun safety and basic shooting skills when I was 5/6 I was in love. I still remember the first real gun I ever shot, a .22 browning pistol at Wades in Bellevue (I can barely remember where I had my first kiss). As I grew older I experimented with trap shooting, sporting clays, skeet, pistol and rifle target shooting and with each pull of the trigger I found myself falling more and more in love. Now that my trigger finger is old enough to drink and now that I my liver quit drinking, my lungs gave up cigarettes and I have finally started a career path that allows the financial means to support my addiction (barely) I have rapidly expanded my collection. I have very simple guidelines for new firearms, does it shoot? Is ammo "reasonably" accessible? Can I afford it (ish)? And is it on any potential "ban list"? Is it reliable enough "as is"? If the answer to those questions is yes I make room in my safe. But After spending nearly a 6th of my annual salary on firearms in February I figured it was time to join a few forums and talk to like minded people who love shooting sports as much if not more than I do.

Great intro, welcome to NWFA. Funny thing, I've just got into firearms about 5/6 years ago and I'm 60 now. I've squoze all that excitement into just 5/6 years!

There's some awfully good people here that can pretty much help you with anything you need help with.

Welcome to the forum, and to the addiction. Be careful, you're going to find out that, at least in your mind, you'll need at least one....of everything. And as a member here is fond of reminding us: "One is none, two is one and three is glee" It's actually not a bad way to look at things ;)

To paraphrase Robert Palmer . . .

Your lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another GUN is what it takes

You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another GUN is all you need

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to GUNS

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Honestly my most recent addition is what prompted me to join not only this forum but the NRA and the FCSA as well.

After running the numbers and quadruple checking my budget I drove the 300 mile round trip from south king country to Wenatchee one night after work to bring home the crown jewel of my collection. A Bushmaster BA50 .50 BMG thus fullfilling one life long dream. but I found it disheartening when many of my friends, family and colleagues didn't share in my excitement for this behemoth.

So I decided that I need a better class of aquatintence.

Oh I will, I broke the bank and blew my budget but I have 100 rounds coming today and the larue 50 bmg qd mount along with a Vortex HD gen2 4.5-27x56 ffp edr-2c mrad come tomorrow. I just couldn't wait like I planned, I NEED my fix. So if the weather is good within 100 miles of where I am on Sunday I'll take her out and get her zeroed and break in the barrel.

Welcome to the crazy house of gun nuts :)

I got addicted quite a long time ago in the 60's but not until the last 10 years have I got into light smithing, I find when I can't always buy being able to fix, up what I have and tweak is just about as fun as shooting ( just about I said lol ). I started with 22's went up now into building Ak's and SKS. Next may be an AR style just not quite there because of yet another caliber to stock up on.

I enjoy budget minded AR builds. So far I've built a 16" and 20" in 5.56 and a .300blk 8.5" pistol which fits perfectly in my 5.11 select carry sling pack with a loaded 20 round pmag I plan on building AKs and eventually 1911s once my bank account recovers from the 50 bmg and I pick up a benelli M2 for 3 gun and SBE for hunting

Yeah I've been sober for over 2 years and I quit smoking about 11 months ago (1-3 packs a day). You know those people that tell you that if you quit smoking and saved that money you could buy a Ferrari? Well a lot of them that told me that are anti gun, go figure, so when they question my firearm related purchases I just tell them "I'm buying my Ferraris now that I quit smoking" I love watching them get all red in the face.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top