JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a friend foward this to me, pretty scary stuff. Hopefully it will not pass and is not a sign of what will be coming for more of us in the U.S.

The gun right demonstration is something that I will be looking into more, if it is happening I will be
going, and will have room for a few more in my truck if anybody else is interested in going.

<broken link removed>

Patrick

Last Edited:
Had a friend foward this to me, pretty scary stuff. Hopefully it will not pass and is not a sign of what will be coming for more of us in the U.S.

The gun right demonstration is something that I will be looking into more, if it is happening I will be
going, and will have room for a few more in my truck if anybody else is interested in going.

Patrick

You missed the link. However, Yes, it made it out of committee, but it did not come to a floor vote, didn't have enough support.

Is there some kind of maniac who goes around shooting people with a .50 bmg or something? I can't recall any incident that involved someone getting shot with that round...am I missing something here?

I have only seen one box of .50 bmg in my life and it was at an Ace hardware in Winthrop, Wa.
It was rather expensive but I just wanted a box just because, you know, its effing .50 bmg.

LA County voted to ban the .50 BMG before the state of Cali did it. Rumor has it, when the LA county PD sent their Barrett 50s in for repair Barrett calmly said 'No, you banned my firearm, I'm banning my service. Oh, and you have to come get these I'm not shipping them back' :)

I'm pondering if this did pass, if he would do the same thing in Illinois. That would be one way the firearm manufactures could really take a stand. But of course that would cost them huge amounts of cash. Oh, and they would have to have the balls to do it.

The reason the rest of us want them! They are FREAKIN COOL!!! :s0155: i only have 200 rounds of 50 cal left but i am lucky, i bought them from TNW back when they were 75 cents a round and they let me handpick them out of a pallet loaded with them.

Haha. Great question. :)

Of course, at one point the LA County PD (and all cities) were in the top 10 standing army/para-military's organizations. Which in its self is kind of scary.

Because they learned from the Sacramento County Sheriff Asian Boyz incident that a .308 won't reliably go through a thick plate glass appliance store window and drop a dirtbag.

Have you lived in LA? They have a lot of stuff you probably wouldn't approve of but could easily justify. The LE guys I worked with carried lots of "odd" stuff.

To the point of the post, they will whittle away the "need" for an item until we have no items available. It's a simple divide and conquer approach. My wife doesn't "need" a 580 horsepower Camaro but she owns one. It's up to her to use it correctly.

I'm not knocking their right to own such an awesome weapon I was actually curious. I just thought the .308 was more than enough in my finite knowledge of firearms.

I never had the pleasure of visiting LA, just passing through was enough for me.

Illinois voting on an anti-gun bill is like CA voting for a new tax...pretty much standard practice. You couldn't pay me to live in either place, and were it not for business travel and family in CA, would avoid at all possible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top