JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Illinois Set to Increase Penalty for no FOID
Illinois is poised to enact a law imposing harsher penalties for possession of a firearm with a firearms owners' identification card (FOID). It will increase the penalty to one year in prison and needs only the governor's signature. <broken link removed>

Stiffer penalties will undoubtedly dissuade more law abiding citizens from taking steps to protect themselves, but how can anyone think it's going to do anything to stem drug and gang violence? Assuming the 2A is incorporated in McDonald, what do you think the future of FOID cards are? I mean, do you have to get a permit to exercise a fundamental right?

I think this is a very positive thing. Currently you HAVE to have a FOID to own a firearm, so the people currently living there don't have to jump through any more hoops. While I believe that the 2nd amendment is my license to own firearms and nobody can tell me otherwise, this will at least create stiffer penalties for people who decided to break the law.

In the end Mr. Law Abider will have nothing changed, and Mr. Illegal gun owner will get more than just a slap on the wrist.

I think this is a very positive thing. Currently you HAVE to have a FOID to own a firearm, so the people currently living there don't have to jump through any more hoops. While I believe that the 2nd amendment is my license to own firearms and nobody can tell me otherwise, this will at least create stiffer penalties for people who decided to break the law.

In the end Mr. Law Abider will have nothing changed, and Mr. Illegal gun owner will get more than just a slap on the wrist.

Sorry, don't agree. WE THE PEOPLE should NEVER have to ask the state or the federal government for the right, our GOD given right to protect ourselves. Our rights are given to us, not by man, but by God and that is something NO man shall ever deprive me of.

Illinois Set to Increase Penalty for no FOID
Illinois is poised to enact a law imposing harsher penalties for possession of a firearm with a firearms owners' identification card (FOID). It will increase the penalty to one year in prison and needs only the governor's signature. <broken link removed>

Stiffer penalties will undoubtedly dissuade more law abiding citizens from taking steps to protect themselves, but how can anyone think it's going to do anything to stem drug and gang violence? Assuming the 2A is incorporated in McDonald, what do you think the future of FOID cards are? I mean, do you have to get a permit to exercise a fundamental right?

I can't get that link to go anywhere. ????

Sorry, don't agree. WE THE PEOPLE should NEVER have to ask the state or the federal government for the right, our GOD given right to protect ourselves. Our rights are given to us, not by man, but by God and that is something NO man shall ever deprive me of.

If you would have read my post, I agreed with that. I DON'T think it's right that people in Illinois have to get a FOID to own firearms, I believe the 2nd amendment covers that. All I said about this new law is that it will further punish law breakers, which I agree with.

Again, I don't agree with FOID. I do agree with harsher punishments for law breakers. If you don't like FOID, don't live in a communist states. If you break the law, well shame on you.

If you would have read my post, I agreed with that. I DON'T think it's right that people in Illinois have to get a FOID to own firearms, I believe the 2nd amendment covers that. All I said about this new law is that it will further punish law breakers, which I agree with.

Again, I don't agree with FOID. I do agree with harsher punishments for law breakers. If you don't like FOID, don't live in a communist states. If you break the law, well shame on you.

:s0077: :nuts:

You are talking in circles. You stated "I DON'T think it's right that people in Illinois have to get a FOID to own firearms, I believe the 2nd amendment covers that. "

But then you say " I do agree with harsher punishments for law breakers. If you don't like FOID, don't live in a communist states. If you break the law, well shame on you.

If you believe We The People should be able to own firearms without having to have a FOID, as granted to us by The Constition's 2nd Amendment, then how can you support a "law" that contradicts that right?

"If you break the law, then shame on you". That mentality won't work very well if they pass laws saying you have to turn in your guns, or can no longer carry guns or, or, or..... According to your logic: People in IL shouldn't be required to have FOID to own firearms, therefore the law shouldn't be in place, therefore they shouldn't be considered breaking any laws. But then you turn around and say "If you don't like FOID, don't live in a communist states." What if this happens in YOUR state? What then? Will you be an armed "criminal", or will you succumb the unconstitutional law and be a "subject" with FOID cards? Or will you just move to a different state? Moving, or just accepting it and abiding by the law does nothing to stop or prevent this from spreading to other states.

I believe you simply CANNOT let these laws get passed in the first place, and you HAVE TO stand up and make yourself heard. Whining about it on an internet forum with your peers (other gun owners) will do nothing to prevent or change these types of laws. If something like that happened here, I would hope that SOMEONE challenges it. Which means they have to get charged with a crime, or find another way to challenge that their rights have been "INFRINGED" (per 2A and RKBA). I would support said individual ($$$) and hopefully it wouldn't have to be ME on trial.... Would you support them? Would YOU risk going to jail to challenge the law in court - all the way to US Supreme Court... years of hurdles and $$$,$$$ in attorney fees?

Fight these laws now. Support those that fight them in other states so that we hopefully never need to deal with it in our own!

You are talking in circles. You stated "I DON'T think it's right that people in Illinois have to get a FOID to own firearms, I believe the 2nd amendment covers that. "

But then you say " I do agree with harsher punishments for law breakers. If you don't like FOID, don't live in a communist states. If you break the law, well shame on you.

If you believe We The People should be able to own firearms without having to have a FOID, as granted to us by The Constition's 2nd Amendment, then how can you support a "law" that contradicts that right?

"If you break the law, then shame on you". That mentality won't work very well if they pass laws saying you have to turn in your guns, or can no longer carry guns or, or, or..... According to your logic: People in IL shouldn't be required to have FOID to own firearms, therefore the law shouldn't be in place, therefore they shouldn't be considered breaking any laws. But then you turn around and say "If you don't like FOID, don't live in a communist states." What if this happens in YOUR state? What then? Will you be an armed "criminal", or will you succumb the unconstitutional law and be a "subject" with FOID cards? Or will you just move to a different state? Moving, or just accepting it and abiding by the law does nothing to stop or prevent this from spreading to other states.

I believe you simply CANNOT let these laws get passed in the first place, and you HAVE TO stand up and make yourself heard. Whining about it on an internet forum with your peers (other gun owners) will do nothing to prevent or change these types of laws. If something like that happened here, I would hope that SOMEONE challenges it. Which means they have to get charged with a crime, or find another way to challenge that their rights have been "INFRINGED" (per 2A and RKBA). I would support said individual ($$$) and hopefully it wouldn't have to be ME on trial.... Would you support them? Would YOU risk going to jail to challenge the law in court - all the way to US Supreme Court... years of hurdles and $$$,$$$ in attorney fees?

Fight these laws now. Support those that fight them in other states so that we hopefully never need to deal with it in our own!

I could not agree more with you! The laws like this in other states scare the heck out of me. :s0131:

I agree this law is BS. I know that some states are just extremely liberal and they think nobody should have guns, and the criminals will sudden form a conscience, but laws like these and laws that inhibit the ownership of any firearms is illegal. That's it.

These laws go against everything our forfathers fought and died for. It goes against everything the Constitution stands for. It goes against everything America was built on.

I agree this law is BS. I know that some states are just extremely liberal and they think nobody should have guns, and the criminals will sudden form a conscience, but laws like these and laws that inhibit the ownership of any firearms is illegal. That's it.

These laws go against everything our forfathers fought and died for. It goes against everything the Constitution stands for. It goes against everything America was built on.

Amen.

There are many laws that I do not agree with. My personal opinion on the law does not give me a free pass to ignore or break the law. Can you imagine what chaos we would have if everyone only had to abide by the laws they agree with. Heck I just might have ten wives and quit paying taxes. :winkkiss:

There are many laws that I do not agree with. My personal opinion on the law does not give me a free pass to ignore or break the law. Can you imagine what chaos we would have if everyone only had to abide by the laws they agree with. Heck I just might have ten wives and quit paying taxes. :winkkiss:

:s0155:

Agree 100%. :s0155:

10 Wives? Yikes! I have enough of a head ache with ONE!!! And quit paying taxes? Didn't the vp say that paying taxes was patriotic or some hog wash like that?

Wow. I'm not even gonna touch that.

Goodluck.

I think people need to either make a commitment to the
Country and honer those that created America and sacrificed to make the most unique nation in the world, backed by the most unique constitution in the world.
There is a code among those that are truly committed
and that commitment is "Only from my cold dead hands" If people are not ready to honer that, then they may as well be Aussies or Britts, as they are throwing away the most precious gift ever given to man. What is life worth without the ability to maintain freedom and the means to keep what we have. Answer=Nothing.
Either make the commitment, or question your true loyalty. It is a choice that we all still have. Rhetoric all over the land is prolific, but only those willing to do what is necessary at that last moment are worthy of calling themselves true Americans.
The Constitution is ours, not the politicians that re intrepret it to suit their own agendas. The men that wrote it made their intentions very clear and that can be
read and realized in the federalist papers. Their intent is spelled out quite clear. Let no man put false meaning to it. It belongs to all citizens and worthy of defending to the death. Everything of honor in this nation is sworn to
in holding true this document.

If a law is unconstitutional it is illegal, thus irrelevant. There is a big difference between laws that are passed to promote order and prevent chaos, and a law that is passed to oppress the people. If a law was passed that you couldn't talk poorly about politicians, would you obey it? I sure as **** wouldn't.

I am not a criminal in any way, shape or form. I have broken very few laws in my day, and no major laws ever. I will not be a slave to my government, and I will not have my rights violated. If that makes me a criminal, then so be it.

If a law is unconstitutional it is illegal, thus irrelevant. There is a big difference between laws that are passed to promote order and prevent chaos, and a law that is passed to oppress the people. If a law was passed that you couldn't talk poorly about politicians, would you obey it? I sure as **** wouldn't.

I am not a criminal in any way, shape or form. I have broken very few laws in my day, and no major laws ever. I will not be a slave to my government, and I will not have my rights violated. If that makes me a criminal, then so be it.

Yep I have to agree with that and we are very much a like. Do not pass laws that will turn me into a criminal. I don't want to be one but there is a line in the sanity, if they cross it we're all screwed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top