JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Of particular interest:

Liberals and the 2nd Amendment.jpg

Are the tides turning? Are they finally seeing what we've seen all along? That when you put all your hopes on the government to protect you and your family, you find out that they can, and will, do neither. No doubt the demands to defund the police aren't helping the anti-gun cause in the least.

I'm happy to see all the new gun owners. I only hope they remember how important they think those rights are to them, come time to vote.

Illinois Gun Permit Applications Soar 500% As Frightened Liberals Embrace 2nd Amendment

That's certainly a concern. However, I'd like to hope that liberals (not leftists) becoming gun owners may be a good sign for all gun owners, down the road. We'll have to wait and see.

I see mom's and kids demand and everytown are back at it in Oregon today, pushing for draconian laws once more! Lift every voice is also planning major bills to submit, knowing they only have so much time with a full super majority of ultra leftists in charge! Hoping to sneek one in under the fence!
Boy, are they in for a shock with all the new gun owners, likely fence sitters!

500% sure sounds like a huge jump but... its only 5 times the number of previous term.
If say 1,000 applied in the previous period, then 5,000 applied now.. that is indeed 500% of 1,000. At least to my logic and what I know of math :s0092:

500% sure sounds like a huge jump but... its only 5 times the number of previous term.
If say 1,000 applied in the previous period, then 5,000 applied now.. that is indeed 500% of 1,000. At least to my logic and what I know of math :s0092:

Very true, however all of them have families and/or true friends. Folks whom they may, hopefully, hold sway with when particular topics come up in there conversations.

I see mom's and kids demand and everytown are back at it in Oregon today, pushing for draconian laws once more! Lift every voice is also planning major bills to submit, knowing they only have so much time with a full super majority of ultra leftists in charge!
Where did you get that news? Link?

Um, teh maths sez 6 times, @CamoDeafie... 100% is double (2X), and it goes up from there in increments of one on each side of the equation.
So 500% is 5 + 1 times the original amount.

PS: I get paid (and handsomely, at that) to know this kinda sheit... ;)

Parsing the words from the 38-year-old Dixon man's views on gun ownership in the OP's post, it sounds to me like he still carries a very liberal viewpoint, i.e., "divisive president", "the way we police", etc. He still comes off as a liberal to my way of thinking, so I don't think his voting patterns will change much, if at all...

Last Edited:
Where did you get that news? Link?
T'Was on the news this eve, KATU ran a story on it following today's legislative session and how no anti gun stuff came up during and the anti's are all pizzed off claiming the dems are screwing them!

Reading their little snippit, doesn't cover everything that was in the actual broadcast, but it was there!

Right, 500% increase is indeed 6x the original number. It is still not that significant in the grand scheme of things... considering how many people live in that State... and I believe a couple Counties in there managed to drive away gun shops?

I wouldn't read much into this. The new gun owners who lean right already vote gun rights. New gun owners who lean left are in the, "do as I say, not as I do" crowd. What we see as hypocritical, they see it as righteous. They're living in a bubble parroting, virtual signaling what they hear from MSM.

Its the people in the middle you have to convince.

That's certainly a concern. However, I'd like to hope that liberals (not leftists) becoming gun owners may be a good sign for all gun owners, down the road. We'll have to wait and see.
Parsing the words from the 38-year-old Dixon man's views on gun ownership in the OP's post, it sounds to me like he still carries a very liberal viewpoint, i.e., "divisive president", "the way we police", etc. He still comes off as a liberal to my way of thinking, so I don't think his voting patterns will change much, if at all...

The problem is that there are very few "liberals" anymore........ These people like to call themselves (may even believe they are) "liberal", but in all actuality, they and their agenda/platform are straight up leftist. The only reason leftist are for firearms is because "Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party. "

Ray

The problem is that there are very few "liberals" anymore........ These people like to call themselves (may even believe they are) "liberal", but in all actuality, they and their agenda/platform are straight up leftist. The only reason leftist are for firearms is because "Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party. "

Ray

Not sure I agree with that. Sure, the leftists have the loud voices, and are getting the attention, but there are still plenty of more moderate, say, classical, liberals out there. I speak to them in my everyday interactions with people. They, like many in the Republican party, often feel like they're lost their voice, shouted over by those the media deem worthy. They wonder what's happened to their party and are not sure what to do about it. They aren't often bothered to the point where they'll turn their back on their party, but they're unhappy. I can relate, because it's similar to the reason why I left the Republican party some years ago - broken promises, voices lost to the more extreme members of the party. Lots of folks feel out of place, without representation, and, as a result, unsafe. There are a lot of middle-left and middle-right folks out there that are being effectively ignored. I think it's important we don't forget they're out there. Unfortunately, the media, and social media, aren't interested in what they have to say, so it sounds like everyone is either 100% all in for leftists, or 100% all in MAGA. I know that's simply not the case.

Right, 500% increase is indeed 6x the original number. It is still not that significant in the grand scheme of things... considering how many people live in that State... and I believe a couple Counties in there managed to drive away gun shops?

It's significant in a few ways. First, the numbers are unmatched by any previous calendar term, meaning more requests are coming in than any previous time. Second, this is IL, not exactly a pro-gun state. To see numbers climb substantially in such a short period speaks volumes about how people feel about their personal safety. That's the point of the story. The increase, regardless of the actual numbers, is significant in a state that hardly protects gun rights.

Do you have to renew FOIDs? I suspect so (but don't know so for a fact) and that would create a sort of base demand plus a few pro-2A kids who become old enough, but for someone at 38 to jump in? That's probably not so common in normal years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top